The "Origin of Your Forum/Username" Thread

The place to talk about nothing.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

The "Origin of Your Forum/Username" Thread

Post by Phaiyte »

As it states.
I've noticed that quite a few people have some interesting stories behind their name.
And here you can share that story~

---------------------------------------------------
I had a time in life where I frequently would change the spelling of names and such
so that phonetically it would sound the same,
but I guess possibly "look cooler"

I played Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
A LOOOOOOOOOOT
Fayt, the main character.

I was creating a character in Soul Calibur 3's character generator,
and I changed the spelling of Fayt and came out with Phaiyte.
It kinda stuck there after awhile and it's now used for just about everything.
Last edited by Phaiyte on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Re: The "Origin of Your Forum/Username Thread"

Post by PiraNja »

Pira(te) + (Ni)nja = Fish.
:]
Simple as that.

This is a username I really only use on RO forums and as such it originates from almost 4 years ago, when the whole Pirate vs. Ninja issue was still more commonly discussed.

Otherwise I usually take the lazy approach for ingame names, like going to Behindthename and using the random name generator for ambigous names of the general style I look for <.<;
Like:
Profs look Russian to me -> Russian name
No clue what to go with -> Random name
I generally like names that can be used for both male and female a lot.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

I got Clandestine from a character in a web comic.. sounded pretty so I used it. How lame.

Better story?
Have been using Anistaciea online for aboot 6 years.
Real name is the short form for Anastasia --> meaning ressurection --> was making a priest --> screw spell check

When people online call me something other then Ani it feels wrong. Which is dumb because I barely use it anymore. ;o;
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Leader of the Korean hip-hop boy band, Big Bang.

Kwon Ji Yong, G-DRAGON aka Kwon Leader
Kyyrin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kyyrin »

About 5ish years ago, I was watching the Ranma 1/2 movie, and heard the name 'Kirin'.
I liked it, wrote it down, and had no idea how to spell it.

So I spelled it Kyyrin. For some reason, I have no idea. Maybe because where I lived changing i's to y's was cool. Lul. Then I just kinda used it foreverything because no one else had it. xD
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

My (older) sister use to call me "Doh Doh" when I was a baby, which is not even close to the pronunciation of my real name. When I first tried to get an email address doh was taken (obviously because of The Simpsons), so after a few alterations I went with something similar instead... Dowe.
/right
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Re: The "Origin of Your Forum/Username" Thread

Post by MayChan »

May, well first my birthday is in May, then my real name all my friends couldn't pronounce it right. They usually said May for the first syllable rather then Mai (which is where my second somewhat nickname came in) so I shortened it to May for them. Then I used Mai as an alternative for other characters like my High Priest. Mai is part of my real name.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

May, well first my birthday is in May, then my real name all my friends couldn't pronounce it right. They usually said May for the first syllable rather then Mai (which is where my second somewhat nickname came in) so I shortened it to May for them. Then I used Mai as an alternative for other characters like my High Priest. Mai is part of my real name.
Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

This is an embarrassing story, kinda.. When I was little (barely 9, I believe) I loved playing Neopets, and I ran across the roleplaying forums and I thought that was really fun. My brother saw that I was roleplaying and he directed me to a game called Furcadia and Feyone (fey-oh-nee) was the name of this character I was working on, and for some reason I decided to use her name. I roleplayed there for about.. I don't even know how long, quite some time. Anyways, instead of Feyone, people would call me Fey, and that stuck more than Feyone. What's strange is that I think of it as my name more than I do my real name sometimes, probably because I'm more used to people saying it.. </nerd> That's all there is to it. :3

My character names, if they deviate from Fey, are just random names that I may or may not use again and again. Pachiu is my normal knight name but Aelia is this badass dragon knight in Valkyrie Profile and I like her name, so yeah.. and Maidei was my iRO dancer's name, I did NOT NAME HER AFTER MAY. Even though I love her.
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
The Ai
Poring
Poring

Post by The Ai »

well .. Angel was taken so the alternative was Ai.
As you can see, that's once letter short. So by being epic, I turned it into 'The Ai' .. which reminds me of my guild title.
Lol..
i'll eat chu up, na na na naanana.