@Auction

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

@Auction

Post by MayChan »

@auction is really fun to use, but it may need some twinking! By the way people, you should try using @Auction it's quite fun and interesting.

Suggestions To It:

- Being able to add multi items. Example (1000 Stems) buying the whole stack or vendor style.
- Create a NPC for it called "Auction House" somewhere with the NPCs in Prontera

There may be other suggests added as we toy with @auction more.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: @Auction

Post by Dowe »

- Minimum Bid Size. (For example someone bids 100,000z on an item, you shouldn't be able to bid 100,001z unless the person who put it up has specifically specified it.) This might be harder to implement, so maybe just a 5-10k bid minimum instead.

- "Auction Ends" Format that makes sense. (Example: "1hour 54mins" rather then "1 29 14" which still baffles me as to why on earth they did it like that.

- Reduced auction fees
/right
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

@Auction was already modified before the server launched.

We had made several changes regarding this to bolster usage:
  • Fees were already reduced - There is no zeny fee. It is configured to 0 zeny.
  • @Auction was enabled - Although the NPCs are present in Morocc, Prontera, Yuno, and Lighthalzen, we made it easier to access by allowing players to use the command from everywhere.
Regarding minimum bid size and the format of the times, I believe those would be core source changes. Unlike the above which were configuration and script modifications, they go deeper within the server and client internals. Stacking is also a client-side issue.

My two cents though, there should be no minimum bid amount. Any other game or even real auction can be won by mere cents or currency. Since there's already a timer and a "buy it now" price, this would seem a moot point.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Just in case, I would disable this in and during woe times.
Mainly just so that people don't abuse it while they're defending and whatnot.
The points would be kind of obvious I believe.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

Yeah I'd put a WoE check on @auction. You could sell pots or something for 1z to get them to guildies.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

You also run the risk of selling them to an opposing side in doing so. We will not restore these either if that happens. Also, unless stacking works for potions (seems it doesn't from the first post), are guildies really going to buy each one individually? It's easier to just use guild storage or castle Kafra storage.

This was also one thing I was thinking about though and glad you two brought it up. I was wondering why we have @auction available everywhere while having @mail disabled for this reason -- considering they both can be used for the same unintended purpose if enabled. I'll see about disabling it for WoE though with the next source code integration. As it stands right now, @die should also be removed from WoE too so I can kill two things at once.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

Well it's all about timing. Most organized guilds have some form of Vent or TS (ew) because well let's face it, it's superior in getting things done. Get to the point right before you auction something, and tell your guildies. Right then they open and buy. Chances are if done this way you'll not have opponent interference. Also, wasn't aware you couldn't stack, I suppose that's helpful, but I'd still disable in WoE just in case.