Buff timers

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Buff timers

Post by Mitsuo »

Hello there,

My suggestion is to edit the buff timers so they reflect the actual time the skill lasts. As it is right now I think the skill timer only starts to count down in the last 60 seconds. While fine and dandy for the short skills it doesn't help out with items and skills with extended periods. for instance Berzerk/awakening pots. I would like to know generally how long I have left on the pot but all I see is a solid bar stating that it's full so I don't know if I got 2 minutes left or 10.

My proposed changed is to make it go down dynamically in relation to the max length and how much time is left. This way if there's 15 minutes left on the berzerk pot then that would show the timer to be at half full.

If at all possible there could also be a 60 second bar that shows up when there's 60 seconds left. For instance you got the normal timer the way I described, then when a buff reaches 60 seconds the bar switches to a different bar that's a slightly different color to signify that it is in the final minute of the skill.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Buff timers

Post by Dowe »

I'm pretty sure the buff timers reflect a 2 minute period (maybe 3). Personally I have no trouble with the current system, but at the same time I don't see the harm in this suggestion if it is possible to implement...

So once again: Neutral. Either way will be fine for me.
Last edited by Dowe on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/right
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

I really don't find an issue with the current timer on it. It is slightly inconvenient that it doesn't show the appropriate timer. However, it isn't an issue for me to notice that when the buff does only have 60 seconds.

Either way, I'm fine with the way this turns out.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is fine to do, however, I'll need to check if there is even a possibility of this. It may just be that the client itself only does certain points, but more than likely, it's a matter of having the update be sent at more intervals server-side.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

ok, so I tested it out and it looks like it is 2 minutes. True Sight fills about 1/4th and lvl 3 blessing almost fills the bar. Even so 2 minutes isn't that much time. =/
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Doing that would take quite a bit of hardcore shenanigans.
But by all means, go for it if you want.
I'd like it, of course.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.