Cat Hand Services - iRo Quest Modification

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Cat Hand Services - iRo Quest Modification

Post by Sharpism »

Well, It's come to my attention that in the Cat Hand Services Quest you can have your character save and access storage much like a Kafra Services, although the Cat Hand Service extends where Kafra does not.

Whilst doing the quest to get; Save & Storage, I noticed that Guild Storage isn't Accessible through this quest; along with that the fact that you can only get 1 point per day [10 Piece of Fish] makes it take a while to get the Storage. Supposing you're unlucky enough not to catch any Marlin you're going to have to wait 9 days to achieve Storage through Cat Hand.

Ontop of that warping to Manuk you get warped to the front and not to where the Kafra/Cat Hand Service Representatives are.

So I'd like to recommend;
  • 1. That Guild Storage is added to Cat Hand Services' for [50] Points?
    2. The amount of fishing and point submission is unlimited
    3. The Warp to Manuk put to Cat Hand Service/Kafra Service area
Edit
  • 4. Along with a mailbox in EVERY city's main area.
/Editend
This way If I chose to fish for 390 Piece of Fish to get Guild Storage in one sitting, I can. Along with that I wouldn't be limited to waiting 39 days to get a Guild Storage even if I have all 390 needed Piece of Fish.

Sofar here is the iRO quest: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cat_Hand_Services
  • However, it fails to mention that you can only get one point a day through 10 Piece of Fish.
Last edited by Sharpism on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: Cat Hand Services - iRo Quest Modification

Post by Haelstrom »

+1 to all except the warp. Technically, you can save at two different cat NPCs on that same map. Ergo, the core island version is sort of a "Manuk away from Manuk."

I've personally done the quest for my The Vault with lucky Marlins, but I know people who'd refuse to save there because of the daily limit.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Haelstrom wrote:+1 to all except the warp. Technically, you can save at two different cat NPCs on that same map. Ergo, the core island version is sort of a "Manuk away from Manuk."

I've personally done the quest for my The Vault with lucky Marlins, but I know people who'd refuse to save there because of the daily limit.
Well it just takes you to the top of the map. It's quite annoying warping in to manuk 111, 351; when all the NPC are at manuk 269, 195; Possibly having two warp points for the same map much like Payon [although those are two whole different maps.] But at least have it warp to ONE of the places and not the top of the map. ;|
Hali
Drops
Drops

Post by Hali »

+1 to Sharps suggestions.

Hmm, I don't see a reason why the relocation of the warppoint wouldn't be a good thing. Same with Splendide Town btw.

The opportunities people have to return to the center (to the npc group) are:
  • using a butterfly wing
    warp portal
    use of Teleport lvl 2
Last two points even require you to be an Acolyte class.

Without Butterfly Wings and if you're another class than Acolyte, you are forced to @die to respawn where you wanna go. Wich makes you lose a % of exp, wich is a dramatically loss, if you have to do it regulary, and if you're a high level Character.

The only choice people have that aren't saved there, is warping with the warper, wich lets you spawn on the other end of the map, with no Kafracat, Warper or Item Merchie around.
You can use fly wings to get there faster, but if you don't have fwings on you, you HAVE to walk all the way down there.

I also asked Haelstrom to show me the second group of NPCs he was talking of, wich is located in the Rune Midgard Camp Center.
Wich is NOT Manuk Town, wich we are talking of.

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Hali wrote:+1 to Sharps suggestions.
The only choice people have that aren't saved there, is warping with the warper, wich lets you spawn on the other end of the map, with no Kafracat, Warper or Item Merchie around.
You can use fly wings to get there faster, but if you don't have fwings on you, you HAVE to walk all the way down there.

I also asked Haelstrom to show me the second group of NPCs he was talking of, wich is located in the Rune Midgard Camp Center.
Wich is NOT Manuk Town, wich we are talking of.

Well, even in Midgard Camp, there should be two options; one for the Fishing Area and then the other for the actual Camp.
Fishing = Cat Hand Service Quests
Camp = Event Quests of Midgard Camp

Anywhere where there is a Warp NPC there should be an opportunity to warp near there; and anywhere where there is a warper there should be a save point option. It's just the way it SHOULD be.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Regarding the warps to Splendide and Manuk from the Warp Manager, this was actually a planned fix but didn't make it in last week. It should make it in this week as it was overlooked in the run-up to implementing the baby changing system (there were bugs surrounding this rather than just normal jobchanging as we wanted it to maintain your job levels & skills during the conversion process -- somewhat why it took more effort debugging and testing than expected).

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1593
Manuk And Splendide - The initial batch of NPCs and town warps have been implemented on our server. This includes a few 13.2 quests. And yes, this is one of the reasons why this maintenance was delayed as these updates came the following day.
Expansion To New World - The warpers, merchies, healers, and Cat Hand Agents are now present as sets in Manuk and Splendide. However, warps via the Warp Manager to these towns may possibly not take you directly to them at the moment.
The mailboxes can be added though. Regarding all else, that's up to what players feel comfortable with. I have no issue adjusting these things if they're acceptable.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Man, all this walking shindig sounds so difficult.
I sometimes wonder what it'd be like on iRO.
I mean gawwwwwd it takes like 2 seconds of my life to do it.
It's just totally unworthy of my efforts.

Please GMs, I would love for you to dumb this game down
for me so I don't have to do anything to get everything.
I mean omydam; healers, warpers, mall-like shop npcs, etc,
and they're ALL placed so conveniently around the spawn point ;o

It's all not enough for me.
I need more help, plz D:

itamz plz!
heels plz!
bufz plz!
edp plz!
link plz!
zeny plz!
fre ekips plz!
gild plz!
fren plz!
Last edited by Kiana on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for obvious reasons
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Phaiyte wrote:Man, all this walking shindig sounds so difficult.
I sometimes wonder what it'd be like on iRO.
I mean gawwwwwd it takes like 2 seconds of my life to do it.
It's just totally unworthy of my efforts.

Please GMs, I would love for you to dumb this game down
for me so I don't have to do anything to get everything.
I mean omydam; healers, warpers, mall-like shop npcs, etc,
and they're ALL placed so conveniently around the spawn point ;o

It's all not enough for me.
I need more help, plz D:

itamz plz!
heels plz!
bufz plz!
edp plz!
link plz!
zeny plz!
fre ekips plz!
gild plz!
fren plz!
The reason why Amistr has a developer, is to tailor this game appropriately for the community that plays on it. Why have a warp in the middle of no where and have to walk more then said "two" seconds because it actually happens to be more or less 50-60 seconds. Just to get to a spot where you should warp in anyways. Every time you warp to Prontera, we're going to spawn you a map OUTSIDE of it. That would pretty much be the comparison, yes I am lazy, yes I don't want to move my character from one side of the map to the other WHEN THE WARP SHOULD BE WHERE I CAN WARP FROM/TO.

I haven't asked ONCE for a Buff, Zeny, Friends, Guilds, Items, or links. I realize that you don't enjoy people modifying RO, however this is a private server; and if you TRULY hated a modified version of Ragnarok you wouldn't be on this server. I only asked that a few SMALL annoyances that prevent a GROUP of people from being together and hanging out as friends be changed. They don't affect WoE they don't affect PvP, they don't effect your life.

I've played on iRO however the way eAthena is set up, it is a lot different. Annoyances like this get fixed IMMEDIATELY. Specially if you pay for a warp and then warp in the middle of no-wheres-ville, the gravity team wouldn't script that. On the front page of Amistr.net: "We are a 50/50/30 rate server dedicated to providing an up-to-date, reliable, fun, and stable experience." It's no fun when you're waiting for your friends to get to where you are because the warp is screwed up, I'm 100% sure that iRO warps aren't like this; thus not up to date. [I have taken note that Koma said there will be a fix for this.]

However I'm realistic, I realize that the eAthena scripters don't get paid to script, it is not their JOB to do so, they are simply dedicated players who enjoy the game. Thus allow everyone FREE access to the game; where others can play freely. Thus if they cut corners no one is going to complain too much, with that said. The developers/admin here CAN get paid to develop scripts and fix, via donations, thus they shouldn't have ANY problem cleaning up the slack where the eAthena scripters cut corners/screwed up.

With that said warp to Manuk and go to the save point. Count for yourself how long it takes, now every time you warp to a city map, imagine that amount of time. It adds up, it's annoying, I'm asking for it to be fixed. Lastly the iRo script for this map ISN'T screwed up, and if this were a direct rip of iRO scripts and all I wouldn't have ANY problems with it.

This is a 50/50/30 server, it's SUPPOSED to be ACCELERATED, not dummed down like iRO; reason for this is that it creates more of a competitive scene where you can do a lot more BY YOURSELF. The fact that you brought up irrelevant facts to the issues, just shows that you don't know what you're talking about in this situation.

Koma~ Thank you! A mailbox would be exceptionally awesome! :]
Thread Related __________
As far as the fishing/mining itself;
Exp awarded is 150k per set [10 Piece of Fish.] [Although it says 15k] If this were lowered down to 0 1.5k then the result would be 15k Exp [Not a lot which is what iRO intended.]

If it was unlimited times that I could put a set in, and it gave only 15k exp. It wouldn't really be a good source of leveling. [15k exp is equivalent to that of one Anacondaq: 1109 Hp]
By the time I got 1 piece of fish someone could have killed AT LEAST 10 Anacondaq'

Guild Storage is standard with Kafra; in which you don't even have to earn that reward. I'm making a compromise for Guild Storage through Cat Hand that it would take 50 Points [Equivalent to 500 Piece of Fish.] It takes 15 seconds to fish ONCE so 500[Piece of Fish]*15 Seconds = 7500 Seconds = 125 Minutes = 2 Hours 5 Minutes. That is assuming that I get a Piece of Fish ever time I fish. [Which you don't.]

I fished 10 times and these are the results;
  • First Cast: Nothing was Caught
    Second Cast: Nothing was Caught
    Third Cast: Piece of Fish
    Fourth Cast: Nothing was Caught
    Fifth Cast: Piece of Fish
    Sixth Cast: Nothing was Caught
    Seventh Cast: Stone
    Eighth Cast: Nothing was Caught
    Ninth Cast: Piece of Fish
    Tenth Cast: Nothing was Caught
Overall Results after 10 Casts [150 Seconds] [2 and a Half Minutes]
  • Piece of Fish x3
    Stone
If we take these results
1 Piece of Fish [out of] 3.333333... Casts [Multiplied by] 500 [is] 1666.666666... Casts
1666.666666.... Casts [is] 25,000 Seconds
25,000 Seconds [is] 416.666666...... Minutes
416.666666....... Minutes [is] 6.944444444..... Hours

So roughly 7 Hours of STRAIT sitting there and clicking none stop.
Now limiting that to only trading in 10 & catching 20 every 24 hours, is absurd. All I ask is that THAT alone be removed so that people WILLING to sit there for 7 Hours fishing have the ability to.

Hopefully I've rested my case. u__u;
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

So if anyone disagrees with this change, please post, along with the reasoning behind it.