Custum Remover

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
redapple
Drops
Drops

Custum Remover

Post by redapple »

I wondered why there isnt a npc where u can take a headgear out of a custom hat if u found a custum which u like more or so. That wouldnt be overpowered or so cause customs is jsut for look anywhere. I dont eman like destroy the hat inside the custom ehadgear. Just tzhat u can ahve both not like card remover :)
tell me +1 or +1 or so if u want :D
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Custum Remover

Post by GDRAGON »

I know that the synthesized hats are being treated as cards inside the custom hats and that it would be hard to remove the actual hat in this case. Nevertheless, +1 to the idea, I see no reason to delete the hat.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

As a player that changes my clothing pallet every other hour day I'd like this too. :D
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I see no problem with this. This isn't like cards, the hats already have their own stats and equipped cards and have nothing to gain if they are removed and placed in another hat.

The removal process however could be made to cost an appropriate amount of zeny, OR require some items for the removal process.
/right
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

The only option for this is to delete the hat AND card synthesized into the custom headgear.

This makes it a 1:1 mirror of the Card Deleter. Essentially, the NPC would just take your 20k series headgear and replace it with the 30k series (allowing it to be synthable again).

Allowing the other way would make the synthable customs on the donation page a waste -- especially for those who may have already went that route.

It's true that the custom hats aren't the ones being considered as "cards" here. GDRAGON is correct that it's the hat and card that's slotted into the custom that are being considered "cards". Think of the hat that's going into it as a card that has refined values and DEF being carried over on top of its own "card"-like effects. If you synth a +10 Hat of the Sun God into a custom hat, that's as rare as one of the rarest cards you can get basically.
Junko
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Custom Remover

Post by Junko »

I honestly don't like that at all.
Customs are cosmetic.
And saying it's unfair to people who donated is nonsense too and is hardly making donation hats a waste
I know I shouldn't use other server as an example, but on one of my previous ones Customs were only available as donation and if you merged a hat, you could always merge over it again, losing the previous custom but keping the headgear/cards/refine inside.

I'm not saying make them seperate again, but let people chose between those two at least.
You are not gaining anything but a different visual from customs, especially now that the def issue has been fixed.

I can understand the card deleter, really. But this is bs. :/

(Just like giving out love china hats for afking is bs. :D At leats make "overpowered" stuff like that earnable for everyone, plz.)
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Any card deleter is absolute bs.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

You don't synthesize for the effects of the hat, there are none to really begin with for custom hats. To compare this to card slotting is complete crap. You synthesize for the look of the custom, not for an effect. If there was no synthesizing, people would just deal with being fug to begin with.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

There are two perspectives that are in direct conflict here that need to be understood:

1) I'm not saying that the "custom" headgear is the "card".
2) I'm saying that the effects of the hat you want to keep is the "card".

Which has more value? A +10 Hat of Sun God or an MVP card? They're on the same scale.

If we do implement a headgear separator, the other option is to remove the upgrade level if it's above a certain point (say +4 or +6). If that's not a viable option, then you will need to ask yourself: what exactly are we asking for in the end -- since it just proves that the value of the synthesized headgear is on that scale that I'm referring to.

Contrary to popular belief, the custom headgears existed before synthesis came onto the server -- and they were still hot commodities then similar to Shark Hat and Frog Hat which have never even been synthesizable (as in another hat can't be put inside of them). If anything, there's also the issue of the value increasing or decreasing similar to a Creamy Card alone versus a Creamy Card in a Hat[1].
Junko
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Junko »

Creamycarddoesn'tgointoaheadgear.

Anyway,

1) I never said that either. You refered to the hat you put into the custom as the card.
2) Noone ever denied that.

Needless to say, I've been long enough on the server to know that customs were around before the Synthesizer was implemented.

And I still don't agree.

There is NOTHING TO GAIN IF HEADGEARS ARE REMOVED AND PLACED IN ANOTHER HAT, to quote Dowe.
Unlike with cards, customs are just for looks. =/
So this really shouldn't be compared.

At leats make people able to chose which one they wnat to keep.

And yeah, I've seen a shark hat in another custom, and cried a little inside. =| People putting good gears into crappy customs and noone buys them because you can't get rid of the custom anymore, or even merge over it again.