Custum Remover

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Custum Remover

Post by Koma »

True, Creamy Card doesn't go into a hat and thanks for pointing that out. I was just throwing something out there for reference -- not necessarily a possible combination but anything.

As you've emphasized in your fine print, there is a value issue here if they can be merged over again.

So answer this question: which do you want? 1) The elimination of the custom headgear or 2) the elimination of the headgear and card synthesized into the custom? Should custom headgears become account-bound to serve the swapping purpose?

If the answer is #1, we can always make the Yamahan Synthesis just take back and replace the 20k-series hat with another one provided -- no need for a Purifier modification. Otherwise, #2 will be a re-write of the Purifier to re-create the original items.

From a development perspective, the decarding script function can only return the individual pieces back or certain parts -- it cannot re-create the original item (hat already carded with the upgrade values) without some workarounds (which aren't an issue -- it's easy enough to do considering the Synthesis NPC is the reverse). To do it using the already present decarding function would return a +4 Custom Headgear, +0 Hat, and Card individually in other words.

Standard code is as follows:
*successremovecards <equipment slot>;

This command will remove all cards from the item found in the specified
equipment slot of the invoking character, create new card items and give them to
the character. If any cards were removed in this manner, it will also show a
success effect.

---------------------------------------

*failedremovecards <equipment slot>,<type>;

This command will remove all cards from the item found in the specified
equipment slot of the invoking character. 'type' determines what happens to the
item and the cards:

0 - will destroy both the item and the cards.
1 - will keep the item, but destroy the cards.
2 - will keep the cards, but destroy the item.

Whatever the type is, it will also show a failure effect on screen.
One thing to note is that option #2 existed for quite awhile and was fixed (due to a dual card exploit) with viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1505.

Another thing to take notice of is the quote "If there was no synthesizing, people would just deal with being fug to begin with." The original owner or person that synthesized the headgear made the decision to "uglify", by some standards, the original hat. Why then is it an issue if the headgear has become that?

Is this thread more about the value of the synthesized (carded) headgear or about for "looks" purposes?

EDIT: One other note that I forgot. The normal decard method would end up with the same exploit from before: a 20k-series headgear with 2 slots unless sealed off properly.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Custom Remover

Post by Dowe »

Yeah. I think Ive had a mood swing. People SHOULD be more careful what they put into their custom helms.

If people wish to recover either the synthesized helm and card or the custom helm, it should come at a cost. It should be EITHER the synthesized helm OR the custom helm and should come at a considerable cost. For example:
  1. Cost to remove is quite high. For example, 10m or more.
  2. Chance to fail in the removal. This could depend on your desired results for a "fail".
    1. For example, it could come at a high cost and a 50% chance the removal would fail but both the helms would be safe and still synthesized if it failed.
    2. It could be a considerable or low cost, and have a chance to BREAK either of the helms.
    3. Could be a considerable cost, with a mid chance the helms would fail to separate but remain intact, but a smaller chance the helms would both break.
  3. Could choose to de-synth the helm, but you cannot choose if you get the custom helm or the synthesized helm.
  4. Could require a considerable quest to perform the de-synth.

Either way I don't care. I have no plans of synthesizing a helm carelessly. /heh
/right
Invin
Poring
Poring

Post by Invin »

Well, i personally thinks that the headgear remover is needed. For example i have my Crown Of Deceit and there is a beret inside. And after playing for sometime i realise that i can actually place a Feather beret in it which is better. So what am i going to do now? If u are having a Custom headgear remover, i suggest u can have it either to Remove the custom headgear or to remove the content inside the custom headgear. And to think if u were just to implement the custom headgear removal just for removing custom headgear, wouldn't be my crown of deceit go to waste as there are no more for us to win from events. I had been asking for re-stocking for the crown of deceit and has been rejected by Gm in the game...
Invin
Poring
Poring

Post by Invin »

To think about puting in the normal headgears into a custom headgear, its true that we should be careful. But player without experience will just put in any headgear (which he or she thinks it the best) until he or she finds out further that there is something else better and thus regretting the action and also changing of custumes but to prefer the same headgear to be sloted in the new custom gear... I personally agree on having the headgear removal Npc but for us to pay a cost which might be reasonable for instand paying 10m for it to remove either the custom gear or the content in it. And for me, i would like to choose #2. But i think most of us will need either one... So i guess the best is u put a npc wid both functions but for us to pay a cost which we will think before we actually goes to remove the headgears as and when we like.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Well the ultimately, custom helms are completely unnecessary. If someone puts a bad helm into one, then overall it isn't the end of the world. They will just need to either make a new one, win a new one or donate for a new one.

Overall I think people should just be careful what they do. *Has a few custom helms waiting for me to decently upgrade some helms*
/right
Invin
Poring
Poring

Post by Invin »

Well, its true that it isn't the end of the world. But to think abt winning one isn't easy and further more about winning the same headgear. And those headgear would not be there forever for us to win... They will just keep on change into something different and thus to use the same old headgear and to have different content in it is totally impossible...
Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Roy Revant »

Well, the way I see it this is a fashion thing, a feature that was made to make RO more enjoyable to the players without ever affecting in one way or another the gameplay, after all, as far as the monsters care, only the effect of something is useful.

So, if it was a feature to allow people to mess around with looks and all... Why not let them do so completly? Sometimes thing don't turn out as we expected and we change our likings, it happens all the time, and the only viable way I see of checking how something looks before messing up is either use a database and check how the sprite looks (which won't work for some custom items) or use the guide Haelstrom posted somewhere, which takes like 10 mins to load?

Still, if removing customs does not seems as something possible, then, how about changing colors? Like, keep the exact same item, with the exact same effects, but change the colors within possibilities of the same headgear, for example, to be able to change a White Feather Beret for a Green Feather Beret. Does that sounds good?
Crunk
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Crunk »

to be honest, i think if we do get a custom remover it should "delete" the custom hat but keep the hat you put in it.
redapple
Drops
Drops

Post by redapple »

I meant with custum remover that you destroy the custom hat but keep the hat u sythencied in the custom so you can always synthencie it in custom u like more :)
Orange
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Orange »

if Custom Remover/Deleter NPC implemented,
isnt it better if we have conditions to choose from? For people who either want to keep Custom HG or the HG in IT.

For example:
i have a valkyrie helm with alice doll in it, but i want to keep the alice doll.

The NPC have 2 options to choose from
its either:
A. Keep The Custom HG and Destroy the HG in it.
B. Keep The HG in it and Destroy the Custom HG.

I hope this works xD /heh
"I Like The Way You Smile Lil' Riding Hood"