Housing System

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Housing System

Post by MayChan »

Oh oh oh! Make it like a little market outside of the house in the center from all the houses. It's like a market you have to walk too like back in the old days. Some sort, so like when your neighbor comes out, you're all like HI NEIGHBOR. now I'm getting waaay into this xD
Kale Knikker
Poring
Poring

Post by Kale Knikker »

Awesome addition to the game^^ Please implement this on Fleece too!
Props
Poring
Poring

Post by Props »

You are kind of wasting money on a system you dont need because u have a healer and everything , while gms work on scripting they dont have time to make these implements , such as a Guild Town is useful and would be good for guilds. Sorry -1. Especially on such a new server
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

It's actually not something that's coded but rathered implemented by us -- along with any tweaks desired by players: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=235811. All credit goes to the developers in that thread besides any optimizations done on the Amistr side.

On another note: are we still considered a new server? August 15th 2009 -- with beta before it which was wiped -- and Crescendo long before that.
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

Someone just poke Nithalm (http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index ... 210.0.html), he's got his guild maps already.

Otherwise, that housing system is perfect.

+9000

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker
.::Eni::.
Poring
Poring

Post by .::Eni::. »

Nithalm was working on VastRO till very recently when the server shutdown in some strange and weird circumstances.
He also likes LARGE server populations, which means he would prolly would not be willing to come here. He does have a great knowledge of RO though.
Even if the GM team agrees or not to hire another member of the staff for mapping.. it's a process that will take a certain amount of time until you can start using it...

As for the housing system... it's easy and ready to go in action now.

@Props.. you missed the part where this is already up and running on amistr.. but it's on the test server still. The scripting is pretty much done, unless the GM Team decides on taking our suggestions and making additions to the code. And the "waste of money arguement"... it's one addition to the game that makes it more fun. Weddings and adoptions are a system you don't really need, and players also spend money there. It's a game, it's supposed to have details that allow you to have fun and make you wanna spend time on.
It can also work as a guild town.. you have to have the password to be able to get in the house, and since the server isn't really that populated and the guilds are fairly small, the houses are sufficient to hold a guild. Which means the GM Team doesn't have to waste time on scripting maps for guilds because this system is already working properly on the test server.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I dont think the intention was to hire him. I think Knightmare just meant ask him for the map/code/scripts or w/e if he was willing to release them.

As for a Guild Hall/House... It would require little to no scripting unless they desired the similar functions of the house (although the majority of the functions can be simply re-created but wouldn't be used anyway). They would only really need the existing town NPCs but possibly renamed and positioned on the map. If they really wanted they could be given a different sprite quite easily.

Custom houses could be implemented... a dodgy job would just involve changing map names, NPC positions in the scripts and the sort (although really I don't think it would be worth it).

As for Map design, it isn't really that hard once you get use to it. I can make maps, I just lack ideas, layout and themes. When I do have ideas, I lack the time to do them as I am currently swamped with about 9-10 assignments and tests within the next 4-5 weeks. I can probably get back into it early to mid June (when I am on my break).
/right