Housing System

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
.::Eni::.
Poring
Poring

Housing System

Post by .::Eni::. »

On the test server (Wool) you can find a system which is not yet implemented on fleece but it appears to be really cool - The Housing system.

How does it work? Well you have a NPC in towns called Real Estate Agent and there you can find all the information you want about this. Basically it allows you to rent a house for a price between 150k-300k (depends on the city you will rent the house) per month. Each house has 2 beds for sleeping (yes u can actually nap on them and when you do you will be fully healed), 1 closet (or cupboard) which gives you access to storage, 1 piano that plays 19 different songs, room service to clean the the rooms (summons an alice for 5k, during 8hours where the insects won't appear). There's also a dressing cabinet.. yes you heard me properly.. dressing! It allows you to switch from your normal clothes to formal (wedding clothes), swimsuit and Christmas clothes.
Outside (in the garden) you have a switch to activate or deactivate pvp, a garden with herbs and option to use dbs.

What's the conditions? Just visit your house and use it. If you spend time away from your house insects and plants start to appear and infest it and might cause you to lose it. Also a tiny beast will appear every 2hours. If you allow to be 20 on your garden, then you will lose the house. (typo on the Real Estate Agent NPC since it says: "A tiny beast appears every 2hours, and if twenty of these are accumulated, you will use the property")

How do u rent it? Easy. Just ask to the Real Estate NPC to warp you to the town you want a house in, and then talk to a Proprietor that you will find on that map and ask to rent a house. It will give you the possibility to rent it for 1, 2 or 3 months. It will also ask you to define a password for yourself (so you can change the settings) and a password for your friends (yes your friends can visit your house). At the end it will give you the house number and voilá!!!

This is a great system and with a couple of changes i hope it can be implemented on fleece. Changes i would like to see on it:
- take the drops out of the plants and all the summons that appear on the house
- have a "Save" option
- small warper npc with basic warps
- if possible, married couple would be allowed to buy the house together (just having both of their names in the house would be fine)

I think it's a great system and it would end most of the problems of the "taking over guild towns" issue. And since you will need the password to be able to enter it, only people you allow are welcome.

Towns that support the Villas: Prontera, Geffen, Morroc, Payon, Alberta, Izlude, Aldebaran.
If you want to test this you're welcome in my house =p just go to Villas Aldebaran and look for house 1. The password is lolipop.

Sorry if it's more of an explanation then a real reason to implement this.. but i was in awe when i saw this today. It's really awesome ^_^
Gloria
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Housing System

Post by Gloria »

Awesome, thanks for explaining this. I've been meaning to check this out on the test server myself, but I couldn't find the time. I appreciate it! /ok
Gloria 7x High Priest
Auria 99 Super Novice
Nil9x Hunter
Praesul
Poring
Poring

Post by Praesul »

I've tried this before on another server, it's awesome.

It'd be great if it got implemented on Fleece...
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I'm not overall sure about the script side (and how complicated this suggestion might be), but... It may be possible for me to make custom houses (not in the near future, to much University work).

Personally I think the current ones are fine, but others might like the idea. I just need ideas for when I can get back into it :(. (I completely lack creativity, so I seek ANY possibly ideas).

I would of course need an in depth plan of the building down to textures and object placements (existing objects only sorry). But overall the possibility could be there. I might have a go of it at some stage and post the results on my map thread. The larger problem for custom houses though, would be implementing these script side, since I am completely unaware of how complex the code for this is.

(I am pretty busy with assignments for the next 3 weeks at least. On top of that I still don't have my own computer).
/right
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I never heard about this housing system til now, and omg I'm in love with the idea, I approve x.x

(sorry for off topic just expressing how I feel cause I feel excited now :3)
PCManiac
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by PCManiac »

ty eni :D

good thing the housing system. yet, i think isn't that a good option to be implemented -right away- cause the server is so small, all the guilds have pretty much their own map and there's still maps free.. so, houses = more isolation between guilds...

anyway, suggestions (sorry if is already like this):

-mapflag: monster-no teleport activated, no memo, no warp to (the one that prevents skills like the couple warp.. and/or prevention for the priests to open warps into the house [is the same flag right?])
-option to enable/disable gvg in-map
-an medi-kit npc that would be like an heal-and-go (or that npc there) inside the house and only db able or BB able outside the house.
-npc for the normal store npc
-npc that warns (like 30 min or 15 min) wen a WoE is about to start and, if the guild defends that one, to tell that.. although, could be activate/deactivate able.
-1 account, 1 house rented. yes, we can create multiple accounts, but at least stops ppl with money to try to own a full villa.
-Option on the warper to warp directly to the house (or infront of it)

For now is all i guess. :)
nice work :D
.::Eni::.
Poring
Poring

Post by .::Eni::. »

baka pc.. did u even bother to test it? >_<
-an medi-kit npc that would be like an heal-and-go (or that npc there) inside the house and only db able or BB able outside the house.
when you click the bed, with the option nap, it heals you. I tested it. And it's almost instant
-npc for the normal store npc
it's a house. why would u want to go shopping on your own house? o_o
-1 account, 1 house rented. yes, we can create multiple accounts, but at least stops ppl with money to try to own a full villa.
yes. Technically according to the Rental NPC you can only have one house, however it doesn't state if it's per account or per character :|
-Option on the warper to warp directly to the house (or infront of it)
lazy much? o_o the waper takes you to the Villa. Then you can look for your house.. i know exactly were my house is o_o weird as it may be since i have no sense of orientation o_O
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I've tested it out myself, in all the houses in different villas, it all seems to work fine, other then the song that errors me.

(Love Moc and Alberta) :3
PCManiac
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by PCManiac »

lol... yes eni, i did bothered testing it :p

anyway, you have a point in the sleeping.. but isn't almost instant unfortunately. if you have an healing mvp in your garden, is annoying to wait those few seconds to restore the sp xD

i want a shop inthere cus, is an house but will quickly turn to be a guild spot and WoE preparation zone.. meaning, mats will be needed to be bought.

about the multiple houses, the npc still says we can rent an house if we want.. i actualy didn't tested to see if would let me rent it, but the options are there :)

yes, lazy ty :D
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

You can rent multiple houses in different towns, however you can only rent a single house in each town.

Rather then a shop NPC.... maybe name it "Door-to-Door Salesman". It fits into the theme better. /heh
/right