Nidhogg Dungeon and Brasilis

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nidhogg Dungeon and Brasilis

Post by Koma »

I'm going to hold off on implementing the maps officially in our GRF. I'll provide an optional download if anyone wants to go ahead and try them, but they'll be implemented server-side to support that optional download.

The reasoning behind this is that do we really want to add a 30-50mb download package including the maps, textures, models, items, and monster sprites which will eventually be deprecated during the transition to the Renewal client and setup? That's also with the understanding that these maps will just be for viewing purposes and not leveling purposes as it stands right now (due to locking down the official values). For any current or new player, this would mean installing a full client/small client then downloading close to 50mb of patches for these maps alone (Nidhogg, Brasilis, Dicastes *yes, Dicastes too*) -- it's not much, but a hassle for little to no benefit at the moment.

We'll hold off this week until it's at a progressed stage hopefully next week or *very* soon.

NOTE: As mentioned above, server-side implementation of the maps/items/mobs is already done. The issue is with client-side implementation which would be a waste today rather than when they're completed.
Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Roy Revant »

@Dowe ??? Draco is a normal monster, like Poring and Acidus, it will drop its equipment at 100% with the current 30x for normal drops. I don't understand why you pointed out the MVP thing.

I really don't care what the final decision is, implemented or not, nerfed or not, I just want the GM Team to be sure its final, thats all.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

As it stands right now, the closest to "official" at the moment would be coding based upon Doddler and iROWiki data. While I have no problem with that, it's a matter of being proactive rather than reactive if anything was incorrect.

Overall though, the effort is very minimal since as most servers do, the *custom* scripts based upon those values are currently available (why re-invent the wheel afterall?):
Brasilis: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=230452
El Dicastes: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=235824

It's a matter of deployment (as mentioned in my previous post) more than accuracy and balance though at the moment. Players can be the judge of if it's accurate and balanced. We trust you all.
Deathvader
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Deathvader »

Fluorite wrote: One last suggestion: I see no one parties here or anything like that. To encourage more parties to happen, try hiking the even share exp for 10 or more people in a party to +20% or something? Or even the level range to be 20 lvls, instead of 10? Like once a player reaches lvl 79, he or she can join up an abbey party (with players ranging from 79 to 99) and get leveled up really fast.. These two things will guaranteed encourage the players to party here more. I really sincerely request you to look into this idea.. Thanks a million ^_^
i support this and and as Dowe said, you can reduce the exp boost.

waiting for these new dungeons :)
quit
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

We have temporarily changed it to a 15 level spread as a last minute change -- and since there isn't a separate official suggestion thread at the moment for this in particular. Boost hasn't been adjusted as a bonus.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

As regards to the exp boost: When Ive played other servers with similar systems, to get the exp boost players had to hit the monster. (Something like Lex Aternia counted as a hit for your information). This "must hit for exp" change was designed to stop 8 person leeching sessions.

Id say it is completely possible to implement the exp boost based upon "on screen" rather then "on hit" but that would just cause more auto-follow leeching.

Anyway, as regards to Draco: I highly doubt the drops would be left as-is. Drop rates for those items can be reduced, just like witherless rose drops by various monsters. There would be no problem in the item's drop rate reduction as stated by Koma previously. The option taken by the GMs will be the option with the most user support.
/right
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Taji »

I don't quite get, why we need a new Client to have Nidhoggr dungeon.
Although i would also love to have the new client, i think players would appreciate to have at least Nidhoggr dungeon.
I saw it running pretty well on the server a played before with monsters and i'm pretty sure it was based on doddler and irowiki data.
Also, why can't you just up a new Fullclient including the stuff, if you fear, that people will be annoyed by 50 MB download packages (what i personally doubt).

regards Taji (a new player)
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Taji was actually correct in that Sakray included Nidhogg before it becam extinct, therefore it has been implemented. Brasilis and Di Castes are still being investigated.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Everything about Nidghoggr and such has been implemented on iRO already.
I even have a +7 Garment from him. It's pretty tight.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.