Battleground Announcer

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
EnigmatiC DreaM
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Battleground Announcer

Post by EnigmatiC DreaM »

Since the population of the server is not THAT high its a bit hard to find Battleground players (it is for me) I'd suggest an NPC in Battlegrounds which announce that players are needed in BG, all the player has to do is click on the npc and input a number between 1-10 and the announcer will announce how many players needed for BG.

Of course people could abuse it and annoy the whole server BUT there is always a way around for example: You can make the announcer work every 5-10 minutes after its last use. Or once every 5 minutes per IP address(this is a bit messy though)

hope this will be in consideration. Thank you.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Battleground Announcer

Post by Koma »

IP address is a little bit harder to pull off as no existing commandset exists for it (besides querying the SQL database which is less than efficient -- so you're right: it's messier).

We could however put a general server-side variable timer on it so it can only be used once every 5 minutes with a limit of once or twice per day per account. This should reduce any possible spam and considering that there *hopefully* would be more than 1 person looking to use it, the once/twice/day limit shouldn't be *too* much of a hassle. I could be wrong though. Feel free to let me know.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Battleground Announcer

Post by Dowe »

Sounds good. If it causes issues it can always be removed the next week.

Pros outweigh the cons.
/right