Battlegrounds.

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Battlegrounds.

Post by Roy Revant »

Ok, so here I go...

All know the problem and situation at hand, so, I have tried to come up with a system that may stimulate the BG parties, and well, here it goes:

The original system of BG rewards gives 3 medals for the winner and 1 for the loser in Tierra fields, as for Flavious, its a 12 vs 4 reward.

My suggestion is as follows, once you join a team (blue or red), you get a "Battle counter" on you, starting from zero, with each fight you do, you get one counter, when you have a certain amount of counters, the medal rewards increases in a certain amount, to give an example, when you have done 100 battles (ie, 100 counters) your medal rewards doubles. If you change teams (from blue to red or red to blue) your battle counter resets, returning to your previous team won't give you back any Battle counters, you will have to build them again. The idea of this is to both encourage people to join BG and to reduce the "abuse" as it is very simple to just have 1 HW, 1 Clown and 1 SinX in one team, and make that win all the time, leaving the other 2 spots open for everyone to "farm" medals.

And lastly, with 500 Battle counters, you gain the original amount of the badges, maybe the numbers are wrong, maybe 500 is too high/low, but that can be discussed over, I hope you get my idea.

Now another point, since one of the troubles at hand is "inactivity" due to some people afking and due to some playing classes that require a certain upkeep to play at most, I suggest there is an NPC in the middle of BG that gives "1 BG Box", said box will contain 100 BG condensed whites, 50 BG blue pots, 50 BG AD bombs and 30 BG EDP, these BG items can only be used inside BG, they can't be traded or storaged, they can't be used outside BG, they are meant for the sole porpuse of BG and personal use. You can ask for said box only once you have comsumed all your BG comsumables, and only after a certain time has elapsed since the last use, I suggest 10 mins, and the items should be sold to the NPC at 0 zeny, so that once the time has elapsed, the player may choose to restock. Btw, I forgot to mention, the weight of all these items should be 0, just like any BG gear.

And lastly, a weekly GM programmed BG event, like the one we had the other day (curses! I had driving lessons so I missed it arrrghh!), I hear it was fun, during this period, we can expect extra fun as we have the confidence of no side "cheating" due to the presence of a GM, and to try to bring people in, it could be either have 2x rewards, or 2x Battle counter award, you know, have something a little additional than the usual rewards when its controlled by a GM, the time of the event is open for discussion, as any other point of this post.

Thank you for reading and for your time, I hope this pushes the server forward.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Battlegrounds.

Post by Dowe »

BG Counter: Good idea. Could work. Values should be adjusted (50 battles for a boost should be good). Counter does not reset at log off.

BG Box: Nice if it could be implemented... however may be a lot of fiddling and implementing for little profit. I've always just considered the items required for some skills a downside of the class (that people are already aware of when they make the class).

BG Event: Awesome idea. I couldn't have thought of it myself... oh wait /dum. (Still a great idea that I agree with /heh ).
/right
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Battlegrounds.

Post by Taji »

I like the Counter System. However, i'd maybe not have the Counts disappear when changing the team, but maybe let them disappear slowly (like 1 ea 30 min) when logged in and not playing BG, so regular players are rewarded.
Also it'd be nice then to have the amount of medals won increase not by a fixed value at a certain count, but steadily like counter = 10, 110% medals, counter = 20 120% medals....