Reimplement the selling of Steel Arrows

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Reimplement the selling of Steel Arrows

Post by Elnendil »

I say no, and keep with the original concept of what the shop was for. I can't see any benefit from them being in the store, safe not having an Archer, being lazy, etc. Craft Arrow is fine, and the original arrows are there for the basics.

If Steel Arrows are readded, then this will obviously be a pointless suggestion.
Loki's Curse
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Loki's Curse »

+1 to Elnendils post, Not that hard to make 30,000 of them. Takes what, 10 seconds to make them and another 10 seconds to hunt 30 elu. /dum
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Considering that iROWiki, AEGIS leaks (source for http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?a ... owbug=4281), and internal sources checking official servers, this is no longer a case of incorrect configuration.

This is now simply a matter of: what the server population wants.
Tippey
Poring
Poring

Post by Tippey »

well... I logged in today and was like wtf when I saw that the NPC in einbech is no longer selling steel arrows!
ok after reading this thread I know the reason, but really what a stupid thing to do!?
this change is really not in any case nessesary...
selling steel arrows does not affect anyone of you in a negative way.
i can not understand why everyone of you hook up each other just to stop steel arrows to be reimplemented...
even though you do not really care... I can tell you what I see if this goes on... ppl will leave the server.
I just came from another mid rate (i do not want to name here) and they are still selling them.

just a hint for the gm team -> no one will be angry that steel arrows are back to the npc, but ppl will be angry if they are gone i can tell because i am angry right now... and i know my friends are as well ... i have no problem to search for a new server since i just joined but it would be a shame since this server seemed to be good.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Quote from the C&S Posting Rules post:
Special Note from Koma: There's no point in saying "everyone I've talked with agrees". If they agree, they'll explain their agreement by posting nor is it necessary to use a server move as a means of change. We take all implementations with the understanding that people may dislike or like things.
While I understand your point (and it's pretty obvious that I've been supporting both sides), get your friends to show their support. It's a moot point if they're heated up over it to the point that they don't care to comment -- and not liking forums or making a post hardly is a sign of being heated up over it.

As far as other servers go, other servers and new ones will take on this change when they are updated if they're not watching. In terms of us, we generally follow official standpoints UNTIL player population wants an addition. Remember, we match eA official latest on a weekly basis unlike other servers -- and thus this topic will also be raised on those servers when it happens.

This topic is directly tied to the Grape Juice implemented in the Item Merchies AND the addition of additional pet food items which are normally unobtainable -- as well as the removal of Bill of Birds and Antelope Horns which are officially in some official servers whereas iRO uses those items for quests. Each of these cases are intertwined in the decision with some more than others. The direct argument then for those suggesting that Steel Arrows not be implemented must then answer the question if Grape Juice should still be implemented at this point (although it was decided by the player population that it should be previously -- so is protected under that precedent).

One consideration that was being made was increasing the price of Steel Arrows considering they aren't in officially. Would 5z or 10z per arrow offset the problem? Or even 50z which would make it closer to the going rate of Steel (recall that you can craft 100 Steel Arrows per 1 Steel, 10 from Orc Claws, 200 from Rough Elunium, et cetera).

I'm providing options here to hopefully come to an agreement across the population.
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Taji »

Wouldn't be a problem for me if they'd cost 5 or 10 zeny Since you get money while killing.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Frankly I dont think it will make all to much of a difference either way. If more people post in this thread supporting this change, then change it. Providing they are actual accounts of course. Simple as that.

That's just how we roll here at Amistr.

/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

tf man why can't people use Craft Arrow.
Jesus you don't even have to do the quest to get it.

Craft Arrow.
Use it.
It's cool.

If you don't know how to make a certain arrow, there are DOZENS or sources.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Taji »

Phaiyte wrote:tf man why can't people use Craft Arrow.
Jesus you don't even have to do the quest to get it.

Craft Arrow.
Use it.
It's cool.
Because it takes a shitload of time to hunt elus and craft arrows from them.
A Sniper uses thousands of Arrows per hour.
Phaiyte wrote: If you don't know how to make a certain arrow, there are DOZENS or sources.
No need to be insulting. I know quite a lot about this game and the emulator.
Just because i have another opinion about a topic you shouldn't play the "you noob lulz" card.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

lol you have 30x drop AND auto loot.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.