Reimplement the selling of Steel Arrows

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Reimplement the selling of Steel Arrows

Post by Taji »

Well, Steel Arrows aren't sold anymore since the recent update.
Koma and Kiana told me, it was made according to eathena. Personally, i can't find an official source for it. Maybe there is one though.
For the people who do not know: Steel Arrows are needed, for the Orc Archers Bow which is very powerful, the Bow is practically useless without it.
You can still craft the Arrows from some other items, like Steel or Elu.
What do you think of the change?

I think it should be changed back.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Reimplement the selling of Steel Arrows

Post by Koma »

As discussed, this would be the actual change which caused this: http://svn.eathena.ws/bugs/changeset/14315. eAthena replaced the Steel Arrows with Fire and Silver arrows in Einbroch, and considering the status of the Item Merchie, I removed them from those as well.

This, however, may be a mistake on eAthena's behalf as there was even a mistake regarding the Whips that was corrected in http://svn.eathena.ws/bugs/changeset/14330.

In Gravity's timeline, Steel Arrows have been sold in the past in such places as Comodo and Einbroch.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I remember a time, when status AND elemental arrows didn't even exist.
All you had was just "Arrow" and that was it.

Shit man just make them it's probably even easier just doing that instead.
Be lucky that you even have warpers and healers that are not supposed to exist.
Kafra teles and inns are the way to go.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

To be completely honest I didnt know you could buy them. I always just used arrow crafting for any arrows I needed besides silver arrows.

You get a fair amount of steel arrows with a block of steel.
/right
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Taji »

Lol...i'd rather lose Healer and Warper.
When i play on a Midrate, such things must be set imho.
I only played Lowrates <10 before btw.
Did you guys ever play a Sniper, btw?

Oh and btw, the time, when there was only "Arrow" was them same time when there were not even 2-2 classes. that can't be an argument.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Just a little bit of fact corrections:

The only time that there may have been "just Arrows" would have to be when elementals had no effect back in beta1/alpha days and damage was actually calculated much differently in which (at the time) archers were the most powerful due to DS and DEX. It defeated the purpose of even mages of the time and hardly was as much as a pain as you make it sound. However, the Fire and Silver Arrows have existed from at least beta2 and onwards before even any other class had elemental weapons besides magic spells and even before Magnum had fire property.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Entirely off topic, but yes I do play sniper. I have like 500 steels and about as much rough elu in storage from hunting various items that I use to make steel arrows.

I dislike your accusations and criticism when all I did was pose my oppinion, and appologise in advance if I have infact misinterpreted your comment.

To me, I just consider it another class requirement. Just like AD creators make a creator knowing they will need to farm bottles, assassins EDP, Whitesmiths Zeny, professors webs, TK rankers points...
/right
Taji
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Taji »

Actually, i can't find neither an accusation nor criticism, since all i did was asking a question. Sorry if i insulted you in any way.

Sure, you can consider it a class requirement, but it is a new class requirement which is added now and whose addition should be discussed imho.
But yes, i can understand your argument, that you do not care, since you did not know they were buyable before.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Oh and btw, the time, when there was only "Arrow" was them same time when there were not even 2-2 classes. that can't be an argument.
That wasn't an argument; Phaiyte just wants players to stop being whiners.

Keep the change; use arrow crafting.
Seele
Poring
Poring

Post by Seele »

I would like to get the steel arrows back to the npc as well.
i'm playing a mid rate server for the first time because i have not enough time to play the low rate.
This feature was given when i joined this server. I got used to the feature on all my servers. Now i am losing 30 min each evening hunting Elus and making Arrows (Making Arrow, Make Quivers, Storage cuz of overweight, Making Arrow....) and it starts getting annoying.
Since theres the OAB, you do not use any other Arrows and an Agi Sniper uses a lot of them.
If people did not use the feature before, that's fine, but you also have to see it from the peoples perspective, who got used to it. Of course you can say, that it doesn't bother you and people should stop crying, since it does not affect your gaming in any way. But reimplementing it would not affect you and the servers balancing as well.

I did not see a point, why it should not by implemented by now. It is a Midrate server and such servers are for people who do not have the time to play on a lowrate anymore. If you talk about being official like, this server is not official like in any way and it's a minor change which to my surprise seems to only affect a small part of the community. Still i want it back, since it does not seem a big deal for me.

And for all the ppl who allready told me "cry more": this is not crying but a suggestion and i only want to make my point clear, why i want it back.
All i can see is that ppl say they do not care or cry more...
I do care and thats why i made a forum account for this... so please do not post "cry more" or "whiner" or something like that in here this is a discussion thread after all ... moderators should pay more attention.

Thats all i wanted to say ^^ thanks