Some small Suggestions ^^

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Some small Suggestions ^^

Post by Ryukaki »

Novalmauge wrote:Hmm I guess traditionally was the wrong word to use... 'Usually' there we go... and the chance was like 10% to get your card back. I see this having a little impact on the economy... but losing MvP cards do to equip upgrading, without so much as a chance to get your card back, is blasphemy; Might as well try to upgrade it with the card still in it.
How about you don't be a complete freaking moron and card an MvP card in a worthless gear.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

It's funny to me how many people think that Plant stacking was disabled because of "farming". Stacking and farming mushrooms was the original intent, the game was originally supposed to be that way and the class was considered a "farming" class because of it.

It was actually a change made OFFICIALLY because people were abusing the "stacking" ability in dungeons/maps that had MVPs that do damage dependent on how many players are on screen.

To be honest I've recommended on previous servers that cultivation stacking should just be disabled in Dungeons so that they can't be abused... I'd like to be able to say that this is somehow do-able but I'm not sure because I know jack about RO script. But, for the record, STACKING MUSHROOMS was an ORIGINAL trait of the Creator class, and was only disabled so that MVP skills couldn't be exploited.

In the meantime, just learn to stack them with what you're given. If you would like some pointers, find me in game.

Otherwise...

1. If we add memo'ing in dungeons... everyone would just make an aco slave. Then we might as well at @warp and add 6k to the rates, ya? Time sinks are necessary.

2. Addressed first.

3. The stat resetter is kind of ridiculous... but if you check the zeny ladder there's a LOT of zeny already on this server and there needs to be some way to sink some of that. This also makes it costly to abuse the resetter.

4. Eh doesn't bother me either way.
Novalmauge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Novalmauge »

Ryukaki wrote:How about you don't be a complete freaking moron and card an MvP card in a worthless gear.
So I'd be a moron for wanting to take a Lord Knight (For example) out of a valk +4 to put in a +5?

**Edit Bad example cause zerk gets rid of def., but the point stands...
minzo
Marin
Marin

Post by minzo »

I REALLY like the decarder, its such a pain when you hunt 8k raydrics for a card. And If you get an better garment you should hunt it again.... /dum
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

Novalmauge wrote:
Ryukaki wrote:How about you don't be a complete freaking moron and card an MvP card in a worthless gear.
So I'd be a moron for wanting to take a Lord Knight (For example) out of a valk +4 to put in a +5?

**Edit Bad example cause zerk gets rid of def., but the point stands...

You'd be a moron for putting the LK card in a +4 headgear at any point no matter what it was. If we ignore that that's a horrible card, and what it does to your def, you put it in a +7 or a +8 valk helm, and nothing else. That way you don't wish you'd put it in something better later down the road.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
Deathvader
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Deathvader »

the features u specified only hold good in HR servers and i dont think its even worth playing for if we can memo anywhere, de-slot cards and ect
quit
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Sythis wrote:I am a new player to this server, been playing for a little over 1-2 months. I come from a different server that recently went down, that i had gotten use to the way their settings worked and operated. And here is the list of things that i see are a little different that i would like to make a suggestion to change if possible. ^^

1. The Acolyte skill "Warp". I understand it does say you may not "/memo" inside dungeons and such. However, that was the main use of that skill in the first place. Not being able to warp to different areas of Glast Heim is a little bit of a pain as is. And not being able to /memo in their is kinda of depressing. Just as an example.

This will cause at least 2 major complications: Massive Economic Inflation and unwanted access for soloists to places where soloists should not be present, like Thanatos Tower lvl 5++. Its bad enough that Warps can be placed on MVP Fields, lets not make this tooeasyRO.

2. Another small complain would have to come from the Creator skill "Plant Cultivation". Not being able to cultivate on the same square almost renders that skill useless. It was the main way i farmed the Alcohol's for making Bottle Grenades. Also farmed the Karv's for the Assassin Cross's "Enchant Deadly Poison".
+1

I dont mind this one. I guess for convenience its okay, though I believe Creators should have a freakin hard time in farming because thats the tradeoff in the relative simplicity of controlling them in WoE [i.e. If it has ViT then AD, otherwise, still AD >.>] Let alone the disgustingly monumental damage they deal with that same skill.

3. On the the server i previously played, on two or three of my jobs. I had multiple versions for a single job that required me to reset my skills and stats. And seeing how much it costs to reset on this server is mind blowing. I can understand you were wanting to see people try to stick with just one build and not go back and forth. But that is just a little out of hand in my opinion. Now maybe just lower the price a notch?
Lowering the max price cap is ok for me, like a cap of 5 mil, but the price should still hurt build swappers. Otherwise, SinXs and Creators will be very very OP.
4. The way you remove cards from gear. I can see how that would increase the value on cards and all. BUT is also does make it some what of a pain int he long run. Say you get card you been farming for a short time and you put into a slotted gear that you have yet grind even more so to get a +7 slotted gear. After getting said +7 gear, you wish to transfer the card to it. You would have to go farm another card. NOT that great of a problem, yes. But it is something that makes me "/sigh". To see them give you the option over the card OR the gear would be nice.

This is a low-rate-ish midrate. Calls for Implementation of that will be met with strong opposition from the community. I think the status quo is fine seeing that non-reusable cards/slotted stuff will foster a continuos demand for goods, thereby boosting economy. So if I were you, I'll just study ragnarok economics, so I can find a way to get around that difficulty without having to modify the system-in-place.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Dook »

Sythis wrote:I am a new player to this server, been playing for a little over 1-2 months. I come from a different server that recently went down, that i had gotten use to the way their settings worked and operated. And here is the list of things that i see are a little different that i would like to make a suggestion to change if possible. ^^

1. The Acolyte skill "Warp". I understand it does say you may not "/memo" inside dungeons and such. However, that was the main use of that skill in the first place. Not being able to warp to different areas of Glast Heim is a little bit of a pain as is. And not being able to /memo in their is kinda of depressing. Just as an example.
-1 No. Asura Champs will camp all the mvps. Warp, Asura, Heal, Warp, Asura, Heal. And they have their little gyspy, clown, and paladin to make their damage powerful. And thus more mvps cards, mvp rare equipments, creating an inflation of these rares in the market = bad. Also, do not forget that mvps ARE SUPPOSED to be killed with a party; not a solo champ just asuraing, and warping. On my other server /memo was disabled in all mvp maps including fields and no one argued about it and it was a high rate server. Imo, warp should be disabled in field maps too that has MvPs.
2. Another small complain would have to come from the Creator skill "Plant Cultivation". Not being able to cultivate on the same square almost renders that skill useless. It was the main way i farmed the Alcohol's for making Bottle Grenades. Also farmed the Karv's for the Assassin Cross's "Enchant Deadly Poison".
-1 No. NOT ONLY is it abuse able with mvps but also people that knows how to use WPE which is about more than 40% of the population. It was changed officially because people were using WPE to do 100 cultivation in less than 5 seconds. No thank you unless you want to see a WHOLE bunch of noob sinx EDP'ing and creators AD'ing in WoE. Learn how to cultivate without being able to stack.

3. On the the server i previously played, on two or three of my jobs. I had multiple versions for a single job that required me to reset my skills and stats. And seeing how much it costs to reset on this server is mind blowing. I can understand you were wanting to see people try to stick with just one build and not go back and forth. But that is just a little out of hand in my opinion. Now maybe just lower the price a notch?
I believe the reset fee was changed so the cap limit is 2 million. If I'm right, don't change the reset fee.
4. The way you remove cards from gear. I can see how that would increase the value on cards and all. BUT is also does make it some what of a pain int he long run. Say you get card you been farming for a short time and you put into a slotted gear that you have yet grind even more so to get a +7 slotted gear. After getting said +7 gear, you wish to transfer the card to it. You would have to go farm another card. NOT that great of a problem, yes. But it is something that makes me "/sigh". To see them give you the option over the card OR the gear would be nice.
I don't mind having a decarder with a low chance of being successful.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

I can see why everyone wishes to not see /memo be allowed in in dungeons for MVP purposes. Same with being bale to stack Plant Cultivation. If that is the reason for noting be able to do said task, then how about making it where you can not /memo OR stack Plant Cultivation on maps which have MVP's on them or inside of WoE of course. A simple solution that i think everyone should be able to live with.

Now for the cost of resetting, If it is a cap at 2 mil like one person as mentioned, that is not bad at all. I can agree with a 2 mil cost to resetting. But when i first read the NPC saying it can cap out at 10 mil O.o that was a little bit of a surprise to me.

All features that i listed were just from me playing a different server for so long with these features and the server ran very well. Full of competition and was enjoyable in doing so. (As a side note, if anyone wishes to know, the server in which i am speaking of was a 13/13/11 not a high or even mid-rate server.)

For those who keep bringing up the economy being an issue with these features, the economy at one point or another will become shit. Not much you can really do to prevent that. The only thing you can do is stall it. With it being so easy to make money (IF you know how to). People will begin to over price things that WILL be bought by people with way to much money on them. Thus forcing everything else to go up in price. Not a whole lot you can do to stop this. It happens to every server i have ever played.

EDIT> I'd like to also note that the only time i get to play is after work for me, which in total equals out to be about 5 hours max a day for me to play if i was to do nothing but RO. I also have several other things i do with my time. So i guess these features are more me personally not having enough time to hunt or such. >.>;
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Walls of text crit for 9999999!