Some small Suggestions ^^

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some small Suggestions ^^

Post by Koma »

Looking over what has been said in this post, here are the possibilities:

1) Warp Portal is actually already slightly modified in the aspect that you are able to memo FIELDS -- this was a carried over trait from the old server since the official latter was a change that Gravity did at a later date that not many liked (note: it is abusable so if there's any suggestion to come soon, I'd expect people to be asking for that to be removed). The only additional change that can be added is allowing memo'ing inside of that outer-Glast Heim map as it is an area that is partially a field and a lot of older servers permitted this as well.

2) Regarding Plant Cultivation, the stacking of monsters is pretty much denied, however, as some Creators know amd swear by, using a Star Gladiator is a common way to get them to stack and continue casting.

3) Consideration for a Dual Build system similar to the World of Warcraft setup is being considered, along with the reset cap drop, or even a "free day after WoE". None of these may go in, but I emphasize that they are "under consideration".

4) As far as this goes, I'm sure you understand the reasoning behind why it is the way it is. There are no fees added onto that process since you're pretty much losing the cards, and there was the suggested "chance to break the equipment too" but we figured not to do more harm by making it so you're scared even more. The point of the card deleter process is simply this: It's generally harder to get a higher level upgraded gear, yet most of the time it is easier to get a card. If the card is exceptionally harder to get, it's probably one of those cards that people are scared of and value highly -- and somehow we need to maintain a balance where there isn't too many of them.

They're good suggestions and mostly reasonable though.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

I think he meant memoing inside dungeons. It's already possible to memo on that glast heim map..
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

memoing inside dungeons would make mvping too easy
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

Then why not make it to where you can not /memo inside of a map that has a MVP on it? Sure it will make it some what easier to kill MVP's, but they would still have to locate the MVP in the zone over.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Sythis wrote:Then why not make it to where you can not /memo inside of a map that has a MVP on it? Sure it will make it some what easier to kill MVP's, but they would still have to locate the MVP in the zone over.
That's kinda dumb if the mvp is on a field i.e eddga and you want to farm ninetails.
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

I don't really care either way if you can memo on MvP maps as long as you can't memo the high tier ones. Allowing memoing on dungeons to an extent might be nice (No high Thanatos floors, no dungeon levels with high tier MvPs on them).
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Sythis wrote:Then why not make it to where you can not /memo inside of a map that has a MVP on it? Sure it will make it some what easier to kill MVP's, but they would still have to locate the MVP in the zone over.

Its not just about MVPs darling, its also about maps with high sell-value loots. This will cause extreme inflation. We might as well tell vending "goodbye".

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Sythis wrote: 1. The Acolyte skill "Warp". I understand it does say you may not "/memo" inside dungeons and such.
The way it's meant to be for the most part is:
No memoing on dungeon maps and fields that connect to another map with an mvp on it.
There's some pretty hardcore reason behind that.
It prevents Asura whores from camping the mvp on it's own map,
and also prevents them from whoring them from the
next map over by leading them to that warp point,
memoing outside there, and then... yaknow... faggotry...
On top of which, Glast Heim is really no big deal to travel through.
Somewhat because of the fact that fly wings aren't expensive at all.
Glast Heim contains some amazing things in it's depths,
and I'd rather them not be too easy to get.
Gloves[1], Raydric Cards, Evil Druid cards(to some people somehow), man fuck that noise.
Put some effort into that and you'll be rewarded with the "holy shit I found it" experience.
RMS has a pretty rad map if you'd like to use it.
I vote no, sir.
Sythis wrote: 2. Another small complain would have to come from the Creator skill "Plant Cultivation". Not being able to cultivate on the same square almost renders that skill useless. It was the main way i farmed the Alcohol's for making Bottle Grenades. Also farmed the Karv's for the Assassin Cross's "Enchant Deadly Poison".
NO.
Mushrooms can be used in tandem with explosive Sniper traps and
Wizards pushing them onto either those or their own fire pillars.
When these traps or pillars land on a cell that these mushrooms are on or vice versa,
it will go off as many times as there is targets on that cell, Including the MvP.
I'd rather not have people crash the server because they hit
Orc Lord with literally 400 - 1,000 fire pillar hits at once.
Sythis wrote: 3. On the the server i previously played, on two or three of my jobs. I had multiple versions for a single job that required me to reset my skills and stats. And seeing how much it costs to reset on this server is mind blowing.
If the price is such a huge deal, then play the right way and make a new character
with the said new build you're trying to use on the same account.
You have a storage that can be used with any character on that account.
You can make a novice on each account and put them all in a guild
for inter-account transfers if you're too lazy to dual client.
Either that or find a way to make as much money as you can as fast as you can.
Just like the real world.
Sythis wrote: 4. The way you remove cards from gear.
I'd honestly rather not see a card remover at all to be honest.
If you get a nice card you've been searching for for a long time, don't waste it.
If you want the card so bad you should know what you're going to do with it.
Not splooge it the instant you get it because of some retarded impulse act.
Don't waste a bad ass card in some +4 junk.
You'll just want to put it in something better later.
And then you'll have to find that card all over again.

"AW F A DETALE CARD LET'S PUT IT IN A COTTON SHIRT LOLOLOLOLOL"
Unless that's your true intention of course.
Much like I did to make a lot of people very unhappy on purpose.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

Sythis wrote:1. The Acolyte skill "Warp". I understand it does say you may not "/memo" inside dungeons and such. However, that was the main use of that skill in the first place. Not being able to warp to different areas of Glast Heim is a little bit of a pain as is. And not being able to /memo in their is kinda of depressing. Just as an example.
Apparently we have a past Gravity dev on our hands.
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Post by PiraNja »

Muffin wrote:
Sythis wrote:1. The Acolyte skill "Warp". I understand it does say you may not "/memo" inside dungeons and such. However, that was the main use of that skill in the first place. Not being able to warp to different areas of Glast Heim is a little bit of a pain as is. And not being able to /memo in their is kinda of depressing. Just as an example.
Apparently we have a past Gravity dev on our hands.
I will now explain my assumed meaning of this sentence to you:
"However, that was the main use of that skill in the first place."

The author declares prior to this statement that he has played on a server where this was possible, thus it would get to this meaning:
"However, [on the server I played before] that was the main use of that skill in the first place."
The mocked implication of being a "past Gravity dev" due to this statement would be adequate if the poster had written something like "However, that was the main intended use of that skill on RO in the first place." rather than making a statement of the use the skill had on his prior server.

(I'm by no means meaning to flame with this if it comes across rude, I am sorry and will gladly remove it from my post <3)

ON TO MY MAIN POSTING, DURR.
- I understand the concern for mushrooms being abused on MVP, but I find it ridiculous that people suggest that you should make a Star Gladiatior mule then when dual clienting is not encouraged by the server.
Something I would actually love to see would be if mushroom stacking was allowed, but the skill was disabled anywhere but in towns.
You could further this by having a map with a lot of walls and a Kafra and a Healer and Warper for all Creator's to cultivate in and making that the only map on which stacking shrooms is allowed.

Having to dualclient a SG doesn't make it any more or less tedious to farm and get those ingredients, it just makes it so you have sink the time to level a SG, which is otherwise completely unrelated to Creators.
You don't go around asking a Paladin to level a Gunslinger for no bloody reason, other than making it take half a day longer for him to get his PLD maxed.

- While I understand no memoing in dungeons, I would love to see more specific Glast Heim warps.
This was something my server had and I think it was fitting, being that with it's size Glastheim essentially houses a number of dungeons.
- Church (+yard)
- Prison
- Sewers (or starting at the Staircase)
- Cave
- Chivalry
Stating that making warps there is making it too easy and stuff is a biiiit hypocritical in my opinion.
Why is this?
Because there's warps into dungeons that you would normally have to do quests for, of course!
Amatsu Dungeon, Ayothaya dungeon (level 1), Biolab, Abyss, Pront Culvert, Kiel's dungeon, Nameless Island (I think XD), howthehelldoyouevengetthere Geffenia, Rachel Sanctuary.
If people are really arguing that further Glast Heim warps are making the game too easy, why aren't they demanding that everyone has to do all those quests as well?
Because no one wants to spend 2 hours running around running errands for Kiel just to find out he's kind of a sad character and a bit of a douchebag as well.

- Card Removal
Mhh...mhh... I'm torn. I'm generally hesitant to use any card on anything to begin with.
I understand why this is the way it is though.

- Skill and Stat resets seem alright at the moment but maybe they were lowered in the months since the OP, so I wouldn't know.

((Also thanks for bringing this topic up, I meant to post when I first saw it but didn't want to Necro <3))