About Multiclienting

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: About Multiclienting

Post by Koma »

Adding a note here that today's update may break a few multiclienters.

A list of a few breaking points are...

1) Skill Trees Will No Longer Show When Patched Up: Newer clients use a different skilltreetable and jobinheritlist. The old client did not.
2) Skill Buffs Will Fail To Show: Since the buff timers are now available, the server is now sending buff packets in the new format.

Why the client update? This update brings us closer to Renewal's updates. It updates the trade window (which some may dislike), disabled the death menu (as an Approved suggestion), defaults /window to on (for snapping windows), fixes pet packets (so no longer will skills disappear when a pet is out), and fixes the skill window (where people were having issues selecting levels). As an added bonus, we've implemented the zoom out indoors (please let us know if there are issues with this).

Suppliers are free to update this post with their new versions as well.
ragefeint
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by ragefeint »

You all may thank me.

http://www.filefront.com/14446291/AmistrRO.rar" TARGET="_blank

Replace your old Amistr.exe with this one, run the patcher as usual. You should be able to multiclient without the issues of skills and bufftimers.
Feint

Sakuja
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Sakuja »

wow you're a hero :D
i tried myself but couldnt get my exes to run /cry
wanna tell me how you made this with pm? :D
ragefeint
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by ragefeint »

http://www.eathena.ws/" TARGET="_blank

Go to their forums and research a bit about it. I was learning this for the first time when I did it. It isn't as cut-and-dry as simple hex-replace.
Feint

minzo
Marin
Marin

Post by minzo »

ragefeint wrote:You all may thank me.

http://www.filefront.com/14446291/AmistrRO.rar" TARGET="_blank

Replace your old Amistr.exe with this one, run the patcher as usual. You should be able to multiclient without the issues of skills and bufftimers.
thanks
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Removed some extra conversation and modified a link.

Feint: I'm sure you understand why I *had* to.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Please see the following thread regarding MCing, it seems the files were removed/died.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=639" TARGET="_blank
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Considering that concern for this is now a low priority, when the next installer release is created, we will be enabling multiple windows and disabling the -1rag1/1sak1 requirement. If players experience any issues with patches caused by this, please make a post in the Technical Problems forum.

The next installer may be out soon. We are just ironing out the remaining updates such as the new hat sprites and skill descriptions. We're partially leaning towards after Halloween since the Halloween updates will be removed shortly after.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

RO putting a strain on a computer....
I think I just chuckled a little bit rofl.

The only reason that would happen is if you're using an age old windows 95 machine.
Or if you somehow got it to run on an old Mac or Linux machine without emulating Windows.

WHAT WILL I EVER DO WITH MY MEASLY 6 GIGS OF RAM,
1.5 TERABYTE HARD DRIVE, NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500 GS VIDEO CARD,
QUAD CORE PROCESSORS WITH EACH CORE RUNNING AT 2.66 GHZ.
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can run over 40 clients no problem.
This has been proven many times rofl.
I was a one man guild just for fun.
And all I really did was buff a super novice. :/
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

RO's client code actually puts a strain on your computer regardless of your specifications. No matter what kind of computer you have, it'll always run your hardware as if it's running with a full load -- with the exception of with ROExt modifications.

There have been cases of several newer/higher-end laptops overheating where the GPU will crack under the heat load, as well as HDDs going bad from the jumping all over the GRF files (only 1gb but imagine those heads). Of note, it is of course more common on laptops for these issues to happen. If you would like proof of it, I have several Core2Duo-spec boards here with nVidia chipsets that only ran RO which reached this end. It's also quite known that nVidia had its share of bad GPU soldering in its manufacturing as well in recent years with mass recalls for Dell, Sony, and Toshiba laptops to name a few.

While this may not seem like a lot to the players of today (most have even higher specifications than yours), it's bound to happen and is more common than one may think. Most of the time, it isn't RO that's blamed as a contributing factor -- with the root cause being poor manufacturing and stress/heat.

In the end though, this is a null topic considering that adding the official flag to the official client is still on the future client task list -- as mentioned previously in other threads and in the post done in October.