About Multiclienting

Love us or just like us. Leave your thoughts and suggestions to improve the server.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Re: About Multiclienting

Post by Kiana »

I will not be handing out the alpha and beta clients, if you happen to have them so be it, but they are no longer supported.

Please be aware those clients are out of date , contain bugs and will cause you to crash.
Admean
Poring
Poring

Post by Admean »

I don't see why you have to make it impossible for the main client by itself.

If you're afraid people are going to be retarded and give lame excuses when they make mistakes while they multi,
Just say "do it at your own risk". As to why you made it so you can't multi on the client, makes no fuxin sense to me.

Now I gotta go modify my client, (Or "Hex" it) kthx.
Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Dook »

Admean wrote:I don't see why you have to make it impossible for the main client by itself.

If you're afraid people are going to be retarded and give lame excuses when they make mistakes while they multi,
Just say "do it at your own risk". As to why you made it so you can't multi on the client, makes no fuxin sense to me.

I agree with this person. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Odin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Odin »

Admean wrote:I don't see why you have to make it impossible for the main client by itself.

+1
Or for the forum-illiterate
"I agree with his sentiment"
Xelha
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Xelha »

Odin wrote:

+1
Or for the forum-illiterate
"I agree with his sentiment"

SO DO I ;D
Emoke
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Emoke »

Why is it that the GM team is only looking at the negative aspects of multiclienting?
With MCING not only can you help yourself, and others, it also makes the game A LOT funner.
Why?
Lets say you're trying to organize an abbey party, however you don't have a clown.
No one that you know is playing clown, and you cant find one at all
what do you do?
Simply GIVE UP and move on?
Nothx, ill multiclient bragi and get to work.
Everyone can multiclient by going in game, typing /fog, /effect, and if needed press alt+d and lower your sprite resolution etc. Therefore it is not an unfair advantage.
On top of ALL of that, it'll give the server a "population" growth, because regardless the average ro player is going to see our current population without excluding mced accounts/mercs.

Im sorry, if I offend any of the gm staff by saying this, but your reasons as to why there is no supported multiclienting is pretty much compete bullshit.
Its impossible to fry your computer playing RO, because it uses MINIMAL resources, especially if you don't have gamefront/wpe/rpe/botting protection enabled inside the client (which makes it run a lot smoother)
Players using it as an excuse to say they traded to the wrong person?
To me you're just looking for false excuses to not enable it.
The other player would have to be retarded to not realize he didn't put trade on 2 different accounts.
If it was TRULY the case, it would take a few seconds to check logs and fix the issue at hand.
Regardless,

After reading the links at the end of the first post, the only VALID point i can actually see is the following
"One could wonder why you're playing an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, when all you want to to, is play by yourself. /swt "
WoE/PvP
Not everyone is in your share range.
Mc, level, catch up, party, mc bragi, w/e, makes things go faster.

"I'll place this simply: staff has every right to kick you and keep kicking you for doing so. One may call this unfair, but you know what? Of course not."
Kicking us for mcing? what?

-Mcing only helps the server, not ruin it.
-I still fail to see a solid reason as to why its not "supported"
Anyway just a few of my thoughts, off to level mt 43 archer rawr ;3
dissentient
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dissentient »

There are some unfair aspects of multiclient. The big one in my opinion is when it comes to some events. It often puts the players that have systems capable of multiclient at a big advantage. This became especially apparent at a non-pvp event the other day based completely on probability. Instead of just wasting some time laughing at the odd chance people win or lose, you get people exploiting the fact that they can run 8 clients to increase their success odds.

Do not misunderstand me. I've played on many low population servers for a long time and I have always used multiclient. I had the exe for this server hexed before the server opened. I will freely distribute it to anyone that asks me for it in PMs. If the GMs update to an RE client I should have a new hexed exe within a day or two as I do believe in a fair playing field for all people.

Just remember when you multiclient to be considerate. It's all it boils down to.

I will stand by the GMs decision to punish players that abuse multiclient under certain circumstances.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Why are people putting words in the GM's mouths?

Read the first post and included posts thoroughly. If anything, it was defending multiclienting more than it was attacking it.

As I just discussed with another player, if someone wants to post a multiclient, they're free to but you know the possible things that could happen. We just aren't providing a client or supporting one.
Aki
Poring
Poring

Post by Aki »

I can't count how many times I've seen people Dual client just to buff themselves for PvP, warping, and buffing, I never see them buff other people when they ask, and I can't say how annoying it is fighting a fully buffed and linked person in pvp and WoE when they don't even have an active priest/soul linker, there are people who actually play those classes.

Generally if you're too stupid un-knowledgeable to hex/diff your client to dual client, then you're probably gonna be doing stupid things. Everyone should be happy there's people willing to distribute a hexed/diffed client and the GM's don't make it against the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against dual clienting, but I'll just say my priest is always on the same account as all my other characters.
Last edited by Aki on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timeless
Poring
Poring

Post by Timeless »

please someone post a hexed clint :( its a pain without dual clienting
Image Image

Time - Professor - Avalon
fear - High Priest
IamTime - Sniper