Pretty Cool Hat Guy... but -

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Pretty Cool Hat Guy... but -

Post by Peroxide »

So a few of us Hat Fags ( it's cool I can call us that because we agreed ) have a few suggestions for the already TOTALLY FREAKIN' SWEET Hat Guy implement. We've been raping him, basically. ANYWAY.

The only complaint people seem to have is having to make more than ONE statless hat, simply because the color is not "fashionable" ( aka lame palettes ) or because it's just not worth synthing something into. Thus, we propose an NPC that will change the color of a statless headgear for a small amount of zeny and the according dyes. This would probably increase the amount of people creating hats and also bring the hats to a more reasonable ( statless ) market price. Because come on... the only point of a statless hat is vanity.

Here's a few ideas that we discussed...
- Remove all but ONE statless headgear from the hat NPC monthly to help with the first suggestion (market wise), and then rotate them in and out so that they are only available at specific times.
- Release a few new OFFICIAL headgears each month, and also remove a few. This of course would make them a little more valuable and worth the effort.

Some headgears we'd like to see...
- Kawaii Ribbon ( official )
- Bell Ribbons ( official )
- Cute Bandana ( official )
- Valk Feather Hairband
- Bunny Top Hat
- Black Glasses
- Red Glasses
- Yellow Bandana
- Emperor's Laurel Crown
- Flower Crown
- Dark Randgris Helm
- Dragon Skull
- Helm of Darkness
- Tiger Mask

... Just to name a few. /dum
Junko
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Pretty Cool Hat Guy... but -

Post by Junko »

+1

It's confusing to make out statless headgears between the statted ones, I'd personally locate them on 2 different NPCs or make you chose beforehand.

And I ahve to agree on the custom colour part. I didn't make some of them because, frankly, the custom colours are really fugly. I'd kill for the official colours.

Also, while keeping the statless versions, would it be possible to dye an original version and still keep the stats from it for say, you make a Bell Ribbon, dye it black and still ahve the Stats of the original Bell Ribbon?
Or would I have to make both and then synthecise? Which.. would be pretty dumb.

Also +1 on the rotating idea.

EDIT:
Also, how about a Dye NPC for usually only through Kafrashop obtainable items like differently coloured Ribbons, Mage Hats, Drooping Kitties and the like. Stats are usually the same.
Last edited by Junko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hali
Drops
Drops

Post by Hali »

I agree.

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Arrow
Poring
Poring

Post by Arrow »

I would just love to see PECO PECO EARS

+1
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

+1

i smell a conspiracy.... /gg2

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

We'll look into this. The only issue I can see here with this is interaction with the Synthesizer. Would you like to be able to change an already synthesized hat as well? The other option is maintaining the same hat, but having an NPC simply "changelook" on it for the quested fees. So no matter what, you're keeping the original hat, yet with a different color.

As far as rotating the hats, we'll see. Kiana had no intention of stopping with just those hats in the NPC as far as I know.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

i dont care about the hats really, but possible to dye the feathered berets?
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Diffrent colour'd FB's will be coming soon, im working on the client files for this.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

Koma wrote:We'll look into this. The only issue I can see here with this is interaction with the Synthesizer. Would you like to be able to change an already synthesized hat as well? The other option is maintaining the same hat, but having an NPC simply "changelook" on it for the quested fees. So no matter what, you're keeping the original hat, yet with a different color.

As far as rotating the hats, we'll see. Kiana had no intention of stopping with just those hats in the NPC as far as I know.
I can see how synth'd items might be an issue. Maybe no? I mean, if you like the hat enough to put a Fberet in it, then nah. Just make it so event headgears, WHILE STATLESS, are convertible to other colors?

Or if there's actually a way to make that work, maybe make it cost a lot more for synth'd items.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

There is a way to make synthesizable hats work with it, but it may leave a few open holes in the source-side if not done correctly. We could move forward and simply implement the changer for the non-synthesized hats for now though.