(+) Hide Scatters Following Monsters (was: Juperos (Venatu))

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Poseidon
Poring
Poring

Re: Juperos (Venatu)

Post by Poseidon »

Offcourse it's still possible, you just have to get em to a place where they are limited in movement. I don't care what happens actually. In a way I get it that Juperos might have been to easy the way it was, but then again, now people who are used to mob in big numbers are kind of disadvantaged. Where the rest of the server doesn't suffer from it. Mobbing is a leveling method like any other method. It might be the fastest but it has the highest chance of dying aswell (if you're not that experienced in mobbing this is). By this adjustment an Assassin's monster/minute count goes down and his dmg/minute goes down aswell. I'm just saying, if mobbing gets harder, people who are mobbing are the only one experiencing the downside of this. Which, by my means, isn't fair. I still vote for old Juperos back, not because it's easier, I'm not making a SinX yet anyways, but to keep it balanced. If old Juperos isn't coming back, I'm not going to cry about it, so be it.

-Edit- I agree on what Dowe says, let it be like this for a week and see what the rest of the community says.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

I remember encountering this problem with May down in Rachel Sanctuary. This annoyed me to no end trying to mob then hid and they all scatter. Makes Mobbing not worth it. =/ The only way we were able to mob was one hides while the other runs around outside of cloak in a circle to keep them together. But that's with 2 people and not solo. =/
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Any update on this would be appreciated.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This will possibly happen for monitoring in the future, but not yet. It's a simple flag change that can be done realtime, however, it's a matter of whether or not the change should be temporarily made yet or not.

If players really want to "test" it though, we can submit the flag change immediately on Wool for feedback.

There's no reason a "test phase" should happen on the main server so players can temporarily make use of this change.

EDIT: This is now in place on the test-server for reference.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

This kind of thing may not seem like a big deal on paper,
but it's definitely pretty up there as an issue.

Mobbing isn't only for leveling,
whether it be solo or not.
It also affects high level partying as well.
Mobbing is how the real MvP killing happens.
Mobbing is how good parties get through dungeons correctly.
Mobbing is how people level correctly.
Mobbing is a huge issue in just about any experience-based game you play.

And honestly, I'd prefer to see the game as it's meant to be.
Similar to the way it really is on official servers.
And mobability is fo' sho' supposed to be there.
Nahh'meann?
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

This topic wasn't about mobbing in general, it was about the server's monster AI that has them make a decision what to so immediately after their target hides.
Phaiyte wrote: Mobbing is how the real MvP killing happens.
Hide doesn't work vs an MVP anyway.
Phaiyte wrote: Mobbing is how good parties get through dungeons correctly.
Hiding would simply have all the monsters target other party members straight after they hide which would happen anyway. If they are non-aggressive then hide is definitely not the best method of mobbing (Could be expanded, but is irrelevant).

Phaiyte wrote: Mobbing is how people level correctly.
In this case, it was specifically assassins.

I appreciate the comments, but please at least read what the topic is about.
/right
Masterpiece
Poring
Poring

Post by Masterpiece »

Why just don't change it simply?
Nobody would get hurt...it would only have a positive effect on the server.
If I am wrong, say me what negative effect it would have /dum
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hide Scatters Following Monsters (was: Juperos (Venatu))

Post by Koma »

The server has always been configured like this since the start. It was actually an understood and acceptable configuration up until now? It was placed there upon user comments and suggestions making the request for it originally during previous polls.

See viewtopic.php?f=43&t=178 (which was a topic about pre-@refresh pos lag) as players are/were stil able to mob, however, they do it in unique ways.

Renaming this thread since people are still thinking this is about Juperos and Venatu only.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I'll be honest and say I haven't performed a comparison of the two settings on the test server and main server. I'll post again when I have, BUT...

I can understand now that if it was changed and people decided it was a bad change/too easy or whatever reason it was, then others might complain when it was changed back that people during that time period were able to train/kill/whatever easily during that time period and they cant. Admins are refraining from applying changes unless there is significant support for the option to prevent abuse/complaints.

Fact is, mob training is still possible but just means you need to be a little more careful and aware.
/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I'm personally all for leaving the monster AI the way it's supposed to be in officials.
That meaning not just scattering when what they're chasing hides.

If you're the only person on that map and in their view when you hide,
they're meant to act as if they're idle.

Not meaning standing still of course,
but as a normal mob would act if you're out of their view range.

They don't necessarily just keep walking in random directions.
They completely stop for a moment when they get to the cell where that person was hiding.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.