(+) KVM Cooldown Dialogue.

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

(+) KVM Cooldown Dialogue.

Post by Haelstrom »

Pretty simple suggestion. When you do the other two battlegrounds, exit, and click to join back in, it'll tell you in seconds how long you have to re-join.

However, only ways we can do that with KVM currently is either time it ourselves (effort, ahw ehw, disgusting), or check the quest log which.. doesn't.. actually give us the delay in "time."

That's it. Just for consistency if nothing else.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: KVM Cooldown Dialogue.

Post by Koma »

Are any of the Battlegrounds actually doing this? I'm looking at the scripting and only seeing the following code mentioning the cooldown delay.. for deserting:

Code: Select all

if( BG_Delay_Tick >= gettimetick(2) )
	{
		mes "You are a Deserter!!";
		mes "Because of running away, you need to wait ^0000FF" + callfunc("Time2Str",BG_Delay_Tick) + "^000000 to join again a BattleGround.";
		close;
	}
This code is in all of the Battlegrounds too, so is actually showing up for KvM.

As far as the other cooldown delay goes, it shows the generic message for all three as well -- similar to as follows:

Code: Select all

if( checkquest(6025,PLAYTIME) == 2 ) erasequest 6025;
	if( checkquest(6025,PLAYTIME) != -1 )
	{
		mes "You have received an indicator showing that you've participated in the Battle at KvM. I can't let you participate in any other battles until the indicator goes off.";
		next;
		mes "[KVM Officer]";
		mes "Stand-by for KvM Battle until the time limit passes.";
		close;
	}
Since the Battlegrounds were adjusted to take into account questlog timers, there's actually no variable to check anymore for the cooldown times. Even checkquest lacks the capability to check the remaining time. It's possible to modify the source code to add this functionality though, but for consistency purposes, it should be correct at the moment.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Well no, let's say for example I'm in Red Side, and Red wins [or] loses in Tierra 10v10.

If I try immediately returning to Tierra 10v10, obviously, there is a cooldown and it says in seconds how long this cooldown is. (I.E. "5 seconds until") right down to "0 seconds until" if it's less than 1 second but more than none. All BGs, 5v5 and 10v10 Flavius and Tierra of any level group, do this.

KVM as it is, for some odd reason, does not. Trying to check the delay for rejoining as the above states.

I've not personally deserted, so I can't vouch for that side of matters. Apologizes for the late response.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This was apparently just tested. Have you tried it since we implemented the official eAthena scripts?
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I did, but it was right after they were implemented; if what Kiana has said is correct, it may be rectified now. Regretfully, I've had no KVM opportunity's D-Day, so I'll update as I do. =P
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: (+) KVM Cooldown Dialogue.

Post by Koma »

Implemented as of the official eAthena scripts.

In addition, I've also kept the original NPC timers as some players preferred this too. These are now implemented as of today's maintenance.