Enriched Elu/Ori

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enriched Elu/Ori

Post by Koma »

Regarding this, the enriched items are actually able to be put in storage which allows you to pass them from character to character on an account.
7619,91,100 // Enriched_Elunium
7620,91,100 // Enriched_Oridecon
//1:Item can't be drop
//2:Item can't be traded (nor vended)
//8:Item can't be sold to npcs
//16:Item can't be placed in the cart
//64:Item can't be placed in the guild storage
If this is approved, we'd essentially be asking for the accounts to be bound in some way to make the original post valid (that it was desired on another character and not desired to be sold). The point already brought up about just giving your other character the item to upgrade and upgrading it there is quite a solution as well.

So the real question is: is this for selling purposes or for upgrade purposes?
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

What would be the feasibility of an NPC that upgrades weapons or armour without them actually equipped?
/right
Hali
Drops
Drops

Post by Hali »

For upgrading purposes. And even if I'd WANT to sell it, what would be wrong about that? /dum

+1 to Dowes Suggestion. Would fix it all. (Even though unrestricted trading, selling, storing to guildstorage would be perfect.)

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I don't think you understand the impact that enriched ores have.
These things add 50% to your chance of successfully overuping all equipment.
Meaning if it's a 30% chance originally, it's is not 45%.

The instant they become more obtainable,
everybody shows up with straight up +9-10 gears.
You can make them without even using more than 3 pieces of the equipment you're trying to upgrade.
I think I would know seeming as how I did nothing but that on 4 servers now.

If you're intelligent you will at least leave it account bound.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Phaiyte wrote:These things add 50% to your chance of successfully overuping all equipment.
They don't add 50%. It's more like +10% chance of succeeding. Even at that, at a certain point, they become useless. If I remember correctly, +8 --> +9 is the last time they'll actually improve the chances.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Phaiyte is correct, and so is Cometodru. It adds 50% to success chances, but doesn't work from +9 --> +10

In short, if you are attempting to make +9 tidals for example, using an enriched elu to go from +8 to +9 adds 10% chance. This is like having half a +8 tidal shoe when upgrading.

For simplicities sake: If you have 2 enriched Elus and are upgrading tidals from +8 to +9, you basically get an extra tidal shoe (in terms of success chance).

Code: Select all

Normal:
Upgrade	Lv. 1	Lv. 2		Lv. 3		Lv. 4		Armor
+4 -> +5 	100% 	100% 	100%		60%		60%
+5 -> +6 	100% 	100% 	60%		40%		40%
+6 -> +7 	100% 	60%		50%		40%		40%
+7 -> +8 	60%		40%		20%		20%		20%
+8 -> +9 	40%		20%		20%		20%		20%
+9 -> +10	20%		20%		20%		10%		10%

Code: Select all

With Enriched Elu/Ori
Upgrade	Lv. 1 	 Lv. 2 	 Lv. 3 	 Lv. 4 	 Armor
+4 -> +5 	100% 	100% 	100%		90%		90%
+5 -> +6 	100% 	100% 	90%		60%		60%
+6 -> +7 	100% 	90%		75%		60%		60%
+7 -> +8 	90%		60%		30%		30%		30%
+8 -> +9 	60%		30%		30%		30%		30%
+9 -> +10	20%		20%		20%		10%		10%
Source: IRO Wiki: Refinement System
/right
Hali
Drops
Drops

Post by Hali »

It's not like enriched Oris or Elu's are /easy to get/, they sure are valuable and rare. Thus I dont think most people that get them, wouldn't rather like to use them theirselves, instead of selling them.
Only the fewest people would actually like to sell them, it doesn't mean that the market gets flooded with them all of a sudden, they'd still be pretty expensive, so any newb can't come around and quickly overup all of his gears straight to +9. It's rather a low chance that everyone is running around "straight +9/+10 geared" just because they made the enriched ores sellable, since - how cometodru mentioned before - they become useless after +9.

Idc if its gonna be vendable, I simply want to be able to use the stuff on a Taekwon. So how about we rather go on about a NPC that overupgrades the gears without them actually equipped? Like Dowe suggested before.

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Dowe's suggestion works. It should be very viable as well, just that we need to make it easier to do rather than listing every single item in your inventory -- such as menu options for Armor/Weapons/etc and only for Enriched Elu/Ori upgrade use (like the NPC already is).

For reference, there are roughly four to five Enriched Ori/Elu a day -- and that's without people farming the Gift Drop -- which bumps that number higher on weeks with more desirable headgear.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

5 alone is more than enough to get anything you want.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Dowe's suggestion to make it so an NPC will upgrade non-equipped items has been approved and is the route we are taking with this suggestion.

ETA: Next week.