(%) announcing emp break / kill

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

(%) announcing emp break / kill

Post by tired »

implement the following person that broke the emp

along with when you kill someone - a message should appear (obviously not global message) but in your chatbox or w/e saying 'you have killed [insert name here]'

thx
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Re: announcing emp break / kill

Post by rephikul »

1) it's always guild effort to kill anything in castle, be it emp or other players, not of just the guy who got the last hit in. Actual performance and contribution cannot be judged by just head count.
2) Certain events work well as warning to involved parties, death is one of such. Without the broadcasting as of now, you have to rely more on other members for valuable information, thus encouraging team work.
3) lol, epen stroking.
Last edited by rephikul on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

+1 to this

as a side-note, i re-read reph's #2 four times and still had no idea what is trying to be said
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

I cleaned up the post. Any bit clearer now?
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

1)also no shit, it takes a guild effort to break, the point is just to know WHO broke it

2)its only active for woe..

lol'd.

ps; quite obvious this is relating to woe since i mentioned emp too, dont cha think?
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

I GET IT NOW :D

if you're not using vent/TS to properly communicate with guildies you deserve to die regardless; basically saying that this neither encourages nor discourages teamplay, just makes things more fun
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

The implementation of messages that appear when you're killed by someone or someone kills you are possible as we already have a few scripts which already do that as part of some of our event scripts (King of the Hill which isn't actually enabled).

As far as announcing the emp-breaker, it really is a moot-point as players have been suggesting. We could leave it outside of the announcement and just give the breaking player an MVP-like effect along with the information in their chat-window.

If this isn't acceptable, the broadcast method works as well -- afterall, it's no different from a soccer/football player scoring a goal. The team and spectators understand that they all contributed.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

i dunno, the best/worst that this suggestion can do is to give us a better idea on who to kill first. fine with me.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

+1 to emp breaker accouncement
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Accepted.

I'll see about a proper wording so it's not simply "This Guy Broke The Emperium" but rather "This Guild's Guy Has Helped Take The Castle".

Do note that it would be the "last hit" though and not like the MVP system of "who did the most damage".

As for the killer/killed message, that will be only available on WoE maps and sent directly "DispBottom" to the killer/killed in question -- to prevent heavy spamming/resource utilization from all of the kills during WoE.

EDIT: Halfway implemented.