point system & custom quests

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

point system & custom quests

Post by Llysa »

Suggestion to implement a point/in game currency system, awarded through events and custom quests which can be traded in for things like ...hats. This was a feature from my last server which I think worked really well. (Those hats however, were not statless so... ymmv)

Why I would like to see this implemented:

-It keeps players busy and gives them something to do and save up for. It's also nice for people who can't make it to the events (or not lucky enough to win) to get a chance to obtain similar reward items.

-The drops required for the quests diversify the economy and leveling areas; encourages partying and exploration of less popular maps.

-Point system can be used for other things as well.

How this should be implemented:

Basically, custom quests that give points which can be traded in with a reward npc. Points may also be given for participation in events. If you like the idea, I can elaborate on this.
Angel Of Mystic`
Poring
Poring

Re: point system & custom quests

Post by Angel Of Mystic` »

So... You can only gain points from in-game events and donations? That sounds fair enough.

How about points for voting Amistr?
-------------------
Angel Of Mystic` ---High Priest --- Motto: "Free Buffs!" :3
Yhina ---Dancer --- Motto: "Item hunter" ^-^
.Angel Of Mystic. ---Hunter --- Motto: "I love my Falcon<3"
Knight --- (Still working on it.)
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

A Points system in-game to achieve donation items is a possibility, were currently looking into some possibilities.
As for the Voting Center, this has already been denied please see the following thread; viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36" TARGET="_blank
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

I didn't suggest points for voting as that would be against the terms of most voting sites.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I believe she was replying to the other post regarding the voting sites. As far as points for events go, we're considering some events that could make use of that. Lower-end quiz events make use of point systems naturally and better -- and are quite common and take less effort for both the player and the event holder.

While it would seem nicer to have points gained to get specific customs or items, the randomization of the prizes also keeps players looking forward to or guessing what the next available prize will be.

Currently, there are a number of scripted quests planned and they should be seen as we progress -- coin/point systems could actually fit into those planned but we'll just have to wait and see. The initial one: the perma random drop (24/7 since it has no better name at the moment) could even provide those points at a higher percentage chance than the current random drop even. That is another possibility.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

Part of why I suggested this was because I'm on on odd days and hours so pretty much never see any events. I would rather do quests to save up on an item that I want vs. getting something random... This system can complement the existing events for people who don't like that kind of uncertainty.. ?

I don't really understand what the perma random drop thing is or how it works.. is it just a possibility of getting a random drop from all monters you kill? Adding points to that drop list sounds ok.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Yes, you understand the drop thing perfectly from your explanation. =)

We'll see what we can do about the other suggestions.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Minigame Ideas

Post by Dowe »

Ok, well I heard Kiana considering a mini-game token reward system to be implemented providing it is done right. Anyway, I said at the time I had tonnes of mini-game ideas that could be implemented and sadly I delayed in my post and have forgotten most of them. Anyway:

What I would like to see in this thread is ideas for mini-games. The rewards would be a suitable amount of mini-game "tokens" which can be exchanged for appropriate prizes. This thread is not concerned with the prizes associated with said games, only the games them self.

Ultimately, these events should be able to run at scripted times and be able to adapt to varying levels of participation (or a set amount).

So here are a few of my ROUGH ideas:

The script is already there. The existing script could be altered, so that games within a specific period (or a specific race) are rewarded with "Amistr Tokens" as well as the current race reward points.

Again, the script is there. I believe this is in the north building of Izlude. In short, players fight rooms of monsters to beat the best time and are rewarded with points. This can be done in single player or a team enviroments.

The script could be altered similar to the above suggestion. For a specific game or 30minute to 1hr period, players are rewarded with "Amistr Tokens" as well as the tokens or points given by the game.

I would also love to see the script added to so that the single player games are class specific or base the records on the classes, rather then a generalized best time record that would be somewhat unbeatable for most classes.

I feel I'm getting repetitive...

The existing rewards are probably already enough, but a small prize boost and a few "Amistr Tokens" as well as a scripted and set time may mean this is used more often.

This probably Isn't quite what you think. This would basically be a brand new game. The aim of it would be to get to the end alive within a set time period. This would basically be NPC scripts that spawn monsters, and participating players must defeat these monsters before moving on. This game would be best if the difficulty was scaled based on the number of players, however a set number may be best to prevent an excessive number of participants making it too easy.

The end of the dungeon could have a Custom MVP of a suitable difficulty, with players getting additional tokens if the MVP is defeated. This MVP could be either required to defeated or optional for additional prizes.

A custom MVP could also be implemented that drops Amistr Minigame Tokens. The exact details of the MVP could be debated, but it would open up at a specific time every week.

The existing mini games would also be given a set time and token rewards. These mini-games for those who don't know are Bomberman, Protect the VIP, Poring Ball, and King of the Hill.

So how would these "set times" work?
  • They could each be given 1 or 2 set times times a week. This would be predictable and may be best to identify popular times and favorite mini-games.
  • An alternative is to have multiple times throughout the week in which mini-games occur. The mini-game that happens would be randomly picked. For example, at 3:00PM a minigame occurs. One week it may be Protect the VIP, the next week it is Poring Ball.
  • My personal suggestion would have a mixture of these 2 points. Have some games at set times, such as battlegrounds and the Custom Dungeon mini game, but still have them as possible choices in other randomly picked mini game time slots.

So, you there reading this. Any comments about this? Could you make these mini games better? Could you suggest an awesome mini game, or know of an already scripted one that could be adapted(found at eAthena)?

Tell us!
/right
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Merged and moved to approved since it really was approved long ago too.