Quest Experience.

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Fey
Drops
Drops

Re: Quest Experience.

Post by Fey »

If you look at the quest list on iRO Wiki, you'll see an amazingly long list of quests that you've probably never heard of. I've never heard of most of them. A lot of them are repeatable EXP quests that give a very small amount of EXP. Even once-time quests don't give an awful lot of EXP. I think that they should vary by the amount of effort you put into it.

I do the Friendship Quest (for example) on most characters I make, and it gives me.. well, if I had spent the time leveling instead of doing the quest, I would have gotten more EXP. If it was double (20x) it would have been worth the effort. Most quests don't give more than a certain amount of EXP, and the quests with the most rewards are the harder quests. I'd look up the exact amounts of irowiki but I'm at school and for some reason they knew it was a gaming website and blocked it. ): But my point is (and what I believe Haelstrom is trying to point out/ask), the highest reward wouldn't be like ten levels' worth if the EXP was set to 20x, which is what I'm thinking it should be.

One thing I do remember though - you could do the Rachel ice necklace quest at level 99, rebirth and instantly get to level 50 or so. But that's from level 1, and the levels you'd get from that greatly differs from what you'd get at level 90 or so.
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
Snow White
Poring
Poring

Post by Snow White »

I agree. 10x is kind of low for a server with 50x exp rates...there's basically no point to doing quests.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Snow White wrote:I agree. 10x is kind of low for a server with 50x exp rates...there's basically no point to doing quests.
Besides nostalgia and the actual intended rewards and getting used to the lore most players ignore and the numerous quests that do give ample experience, I fully agree with you. Completely useless.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I think that perhaps specific quests should be given a bit of an exp boost (as in the incredibly long ones), but overall id say they are fine how they are. If it is raised too much people will just level purely off quests.

It should be there more as a supplement and a bit of a break from grinding. Not the main leveling method.
/right
Kittie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kittie »

Dowe wrote:I think that perhaps specific quests should be given a bit of an exp boost (as in the incredibly long ones), but overall id say they are fine how they are. If it is raised too much people will just level purely off quests.

It should be there more as a supplement and a bit of a break from grinding. Not the main leveling method.
You Cannot level off them even if you raised them to the full 50x.
You're dull, Do you realise even if we made the NON REPEATABLE ones (Never Said The Repeatable Ones)
About 30x or so you'd only get 10-20% <- IF THAT past level 90
(The Long Ones Wouldn't Be worth it with "A bit" Of a Boost)
Not to Mention you can only do them once So You choose to Either
Before or AFTER you Rebirth, So you Don't Have to Grind During level 80 to 90 Twice
The REPEATABLE ones however are perfectly fine being 10x.
Think More Before You Type Nonsense.

-Kittie-
Mew Mew?
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Kittie wrote:
Dowe wrote:I think that perhaps specific quests should be given a bit of an exp boost (as in the incredibly long ones), but overall id say they are fine how they are. If it is raised too much people will just level purely off quests.

You Cannot level off them even if you raised them to the full 50x.
You're dull, Do you realise even if we made the NON REPEATABLE ones (Never Said The Repeatable Ones)
About 30x or so you'd only get 10-20% <- IF THAT past level 90
(The Long Ones Wouldn't Be worth it with "A bit" Of a Boost)
Not to Mention you can only do them once So You choose to Either
Before or AFTER you Rebirth, So you Don't Have to Grind During level 80 to 90 Twice
The REPEATABLE ones however are perfectly fine being 10x.
Think More Before You Type Nonsense.

-Kittie-
Well in my opinion YOU are wrong. Should I tell you to think before typing too?

I am talking about the quests with 1000 prerequisite quests should be given an exp boost and the ones which are just downright long (Such as the Kiel Hyre Quest). As for the majority of quests performable straight away, I think they are fine. Same with the repeatable quests.

Don't go accusing me of stupidity just because I'm not 100% supporting your suggestion.
/right
Tri Edge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Tri Edge »

Kittie, I have found the solution to all of your problems. xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XAI-PFQcA
Show some to other players and im sure they will be willing to party with you and help you lvl that way you won't even need to worry about lvling through these quests any more. :)

And Remember!!!

Practice makes perfect! xP

~Tri Edge
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Closing this thread as NULL (not denied).

The topic was reopened @ viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1440, meaning it could still be accepted or denied..