Quest Experience.

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Kittie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Quest Experience.

Post by Kittie »

I tried Fairly hard to look around the forums for topics related
But i couldn't find the said topics....

Anyway, I finished an exp quest today and found i got not nearly as much
Experience as i should have, Apparently it's in server info At the front page, But it was something i must have skimmed over.

The quest experience is set to 10x instead of the server rates even though you're spending about the same amount of time as you would to grind more Experience, and if you screw up a little, Well of course you have to wait for a GM to help you out.

I'm wondering if at all possible that it could be set to 50x, the servers rates, if not like 49.99x or something :D
Cause i think you'd agree that it'd be retarded if iRO set their quests to 0.2x which is this exact ratio...
You do the Exp Quests to get the exp you're expecting, not One Fifth of it.

That said the Quests wont help you in later level such as 90+ when they are at 50x the exp anyway, It's just to get you through TO 90 or so, so you can grind your way to the top.

So making it 10x is really saying "Instead of killing a poring for a level at level 1, why not do a quest?" Because seriously, It's not going to make anything too "Easy" Since you're not going to be doing them past level 90 anyway. (unless you need to unlock something).

Aaand i don't really want people saying "If it's not worth it, don't do it" or "If it takes as long to Grind, then grind"
They're pretty damn stupid responses that are un-needed, You might as well be post "Huh, deerrrrrrrrp"
Mew Mew?
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: Quest Experience.

Post by Haelstrom »

Depends on the quest, really.

Example: Moscavia Dungeon / Sharp Leaves / Les. I find that quest just right, because you'll be [depending on class] killing there as low as level 23 (Throw Stone killing Les for the justice) and as high as 85+, thus making the Sharp Leaves a supplement to the experience you're already getting, not the main source. Which feels about right.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

Huh, deerrrrrrrrp
Kittie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kittie »

Mitsuo wrote:Huh, deerrrrrrrrp
Hahaha, You must be mentally retarded :D
Gtfo the community.

And anyway.
Idc about repeatable quests..they should stay at 10x
i mean the ones that are SUPPOSED to give alot of exp
once off quests.
Mew Mew?
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

The quest EXP seems fine to me, I think they give a good amount of exp. I tried on my HP on level 98 a exp quest and got like 2.00%, but that's cause it was transcend and level 98. I thought it was pretty funny.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

Kittie wrote:
Mitsuo wrote:Huh, deerrrrrrrrp
Hahaha, You must be mentally retarded :D
Gtfo the community.

And anyway.
Idc about repeatable quests..they should stay at 10x
i mean the ones that are SUPPOSED to give alot of exp
once off quests.
Nah I'm not mentally retarded. You know what is? complaining about quest experience when it's higher than normal. Now THAT is retarded. I feel sorry for anyone that thinks that's a good idea.
Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

I think the point the admins wanted to make with quest EXP is that doing quests shouldn't replace leveling. Five times the amount you get already would be a lot. I agree with you on that it seems a bit low (I do EXP quests on almost every server I play) but 50x would be a bit much. Maybe compromise for something in between?

Also.. Calling people retards isn't exactly the best thing to present to a GM. I find it's better to be polite to people, even when they post things that you've stated you're aware of. Not saying be a kiss-up, but at least be polite. Mitsuo's partially right. On a 50x, it's easy to level anyways, especially if you have a party.
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

So what's "a lot of EXP?" What quests should have this change and what ones shouldn't? Across-the-boards solutions rarely tend to work out without a little researching. Once-off quests should give more than a single repeatable turn-in (depending), but it shouldn't be so much that you can do nothing but one-time quests and be max transcendent either.

Also, this is unrelated, and I love me my debatin' though those around me don't- but really, the name-calling (MItsuo too) is unnecessary.

That aside, right now, I can get a character to hit 17/10 by the time I'm out of the Novice grounds if I know what I'm doing at all, level at Payon until (x) level (varies class to class, I can go kill Les at level 23 with Throw Stone), hop over to Moscavia, destroy the Les population while getting the frankly insane repeatable Sharp Leaf quest turn ins all the way to 85+, and then smash out the remainder in Manuk, Rachel, Juperos, or Anubis depending on the class no problem. Grind a good chunk of Sharp Leaves, transcend, smash back to Les time, get to 60, insta-teleport to 85, and then potentially Manuk, Rachel, Juperos, Anubis, or Thor.

There really isn't a steep need for general "all quests give tons more experience!!" boosts here. Leveling over 27 characters here, I've actually gotta say it's plenty reasonable as is. But, if you can cite some examples where it's detracting from the game .. well, that'll be a different story.
Kittie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kittie »

Yeah, I apologize For The name Calling.
Not to the person i called a ******, Don't get me wrong. i still think you are one
since you did what i said not to JUST to troll.

But i mean, once off quests are once Off, I know your leveling method is easy enough
but i mean somewhere like 20-30x rates is okay i guess because i agree that 50x is too high.
Mew Mew?
Ennnfo
Poring
Poring

Post by Ennnfo »

You fail at persuasion, ...

Make the reward random and not static.