The Aura.

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Kittie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

The Aura.

Post by Kittie »

Change it.
I know, And i saw the Aura Thread in The "Null And Void" Section
But i know people who'd love to see a nice Aura When they hit 99
As Always and i Dont mean to Troll/Flame In That Last Aura Thread
The GM Linked to a stupid page on HOW TO turn it off.
NO, THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
We WANT to see the Aura. Just a Fricken Better one.

If you Can't Do That Get rid of the part of the script in.. uhh.. I think it's Sdata? Wait probably not...
Anyway. a Script which you didnt take out so we cannot put our own Aura's in.
I was going to post a "How To" Thread So people Could Change Their Aura
But after a few Techniques i Realised How Bad of a job you did with that script
So unless we Mod it ourselves we cant do anything.
Mew Mew?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Aura.

Post by Koma »

First of all, it is not a script. No modification was made to the auras at all and it is fully default at the moment. Second, the original null and void decision was made in regards to not changing the default configuration. The stupid link that you say that I had posted at the end and was to be part of a later compromise was in regards to creating a customization system which players can use on-the-fly or via an NPC. This was a server-core source code modification idea readily available but as noted below and in the links, it has its own issues. This was not about "disabling" the aura entirely.
In response towards a universal aura change for everyone, this is denied.

However, we'll look into other opportunities and methods which may become available.

If you can engineer a way to do this and want to let us know, that would be helpful as well. The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is a "status change" effect.

Note: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=144643" TARGET="_blank
The idea at the end of the last discussion was as follows:
  • Reaching level 99 by default is unchanged from normal RO.
  • Source code modifications can handle multiple auras by using various effect values
  • The disadvantage of this is that the current modifications readily available interfere with Hiding and Cloaking skills -- making it an issue for WoE. Do players want usability affected over looking pretty?
  • Compatibility with latest SVN eA is untested currently.
  • Choosing one or another aura is bound to the arguments from people disliking the one you prefer as well.
These are my two cents. Further input would be appreciated from the "we" as well -- considering that the previous topic lacked support at the time same as now. Most players replied with "disagreements" and no one has shown support yet here either.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

I'd rather be able to put my own auras in for myself only.. Like when I use to edit my aura on other servers the change would only be for my screen. I don't care if other players see it or not, I just want it for myself. >__>
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

See reply and see other thread. This is denied regarding its current request, but also approved in regards to the other implementation mentioned.