Plant Cultivation in Towns

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Plant Cultivation in Towns

Post by GDRAGON »

Clandestine wrote:
GDRAGON wrote:Yes, it's too easy. Enabling stack does not only have an effect on cultivation, but other things as well (can be abused, but I won't go into that). If you're considering that this method of cultivating is hard... then that just means you haven't played enough. If you double client for this, that just means you're lazy. Yes, I do agree it's annoying. But nonetheless, it's easy.
Maybe if your argument was more then LOLLAZY it would have more impact. The "abuse" you speak of would be a better reason to not put it in so please elaborate on that.
I don't see anything wrong with saying people who want this implemented are lazy. It's a fact. I mean, you can already do it yourself right now. The only reason why you probably wouldn't want to, is because of that EXTRA CLICK you'd have to make between each Plant Cultivation. What do you call people like that? Lazy. I also don't feel the need to have to elaborate on how this can be abused, as cometodru already stated one of the ways it could lead to abuse.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

GDRAGON wrote:I don't see anything wrong with saying people who want this implemented are lazy. It's a fact. I mean, you can already do it yourself right now. The only reason why you probably wouldn't want to, is because of that EXTRA CLICK you'd have to make between each Plant Cultivation. What do you call people like that? Lazy. I also don't feel the need to have to elaborate on how this can be abused, as cometodru already stated one of the ways it could lead to abuse.
When you use your opinions as flames rather then an argument there's a problem. Opinions =/= facts btw.

There's a reason why Plant Cultivation is disabled in Prontera; its to avoid the Azoth crap. I don't see how it counts as abuse for stacking because it's already easy enough to do it without. do u c wat i did thar?

As for the lag issue, most creators I know already kill them in stacks of 100 and 200 by using a star gladiator (using solar heat; in case you didn't know). By allowing the mushrooms to stack without the star gladiator would create less lag, no?
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

In no way what I have stated is considered flaming. Are you seriously telling me that that one extra click would kill you? Or waste your time? Like, come on. The only reason why people would want to have this implemented is to avoid the need to look/care if the skill failed or not, since they wouldn't have to push it back in order to make the second cultivation. If you don't even want to bother to look at your screen, or have the ability to make that extra click whenever you cultivate, what's the point of playing the game? You're making it seem as if this game isn't easy enough as it already is.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

GDRAGON wrote:In no way what I have stated is considered flaming. Are you seriously telling me that that one extra click would kill you? Or waste your time? Like, come on. The only reason why people would want to have this implemented is to avoid the need to look/care if the skill failed or not, since they wouldn't have to push it back in order to make the second cultivation. If you don't even want to bother to look at your screen, or have the ability to make that extra click whenever you cultivate, what's the point of playing the game? You're making it seem as if this game isn't easy enough as it already is.
I think you misread my post as "soz gdragon my delicate lil' fingers cannot bear to click jus one moar time qq". Might want to try again.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Clandestine wrote:As for the lag issue, most creators I know already kill them in stacks of 100 and 200 by using a star gladiator (using solar heat; in case you didn't know). By allowing the mushrooms to stack without the star gladiator would create less lag, no?
Really? Did you stop to think before saying that? That's probably why you guys can't cultivate efficiently. Lets look at it like this:
  • You have a 50% chance to spawn 1 mushroom, using 1 spore
    At the very best, statistically, you'll get one mushroom every other try.
    For every spawn attempt, it takes about .5 second (if your timing is impeccably perfect)
    To get 200 mushrooms stacked would take about 200 seconds 400 spores
    Account for the time you'll need to click the healer, change clients to your SG to reheat, maybe heal the SG, the time it take to move into position to start hitting them, the time it takes to actually hit them, the possible animation lag between each hit, and human error/deviation
    Mushrooms only staying spawned for 300 seconds
I'm pretty sure by the time you're ready to start smacking the mushrooms, some of them have begun to disappear or are within seconds of beginning to.

There's still a faster way of doing it using only one client, but that's for me to know, and you to figure out.
Clandestine wrote:I think you misread my post as "soz gdragon my delicate lil' fingers cannot bear to click jus one moar time qq". Might want to try again.
I think you misread his post as, "Time to be a smart-ass and say something untelligent." Please be productive if you're going to post. Don't get this thread closed for petty reasons.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I'm pretty sure he meant dual client an SG, which means the knockback is automatic.

Now I'll do some rough math of my own:
  • 2 seconds to successfully create a single mushroom.
  • That means 100 mushrooms would take a little over 3 minutes to do.
  • Using a star gladiator, it would take no more then 10-15 seconds to kill (using heat appropriately).
  • The result of this ~4 minutes of work is on average 15 alcohols, and about 7~8 Karvos.
  • Over the entire hour, this would gain you 225 alcohols and about 112~123 karvos.

Now, the argument that dual clienting is not a valid means of doing this I think is sort of an invalid point, since the client is readily available and is allowed by the GMs. It took me no more then 20 minutes to train a star gladiator to the point it had heat. But the results continue...

NOW if we assume the person does not wish to make a star gladiator or chooses not to for whatever reason, then the results would be different:
  • 2 Seconds to spawn a mushroom
  • 30 Seconds to kill about 20 mushrooms by stacking them in a row at an appropriate (undisclosed) place, and using cart revolution to kill them. (You could EASILY kill more mushrooms in one go if you wanted to. I was able to do +40 in one go in roughly 20 seconds. Using a high AGI build would also wield much better results as well. For arguments sake, Ill stick to 20 mushrooms @ 30 seconds.)
  • That equals about 70 seconds to spawn and kill 20 mushrooms.
  • 20 mushrooms equals about 3 alcohols, 1~2 Karvos.
  • In a one hour period, you would get 154~155 alcohols, 77~78 karvos. (Which is a potential +200 alcohols, +100 Karvos per hour if you get about 40~50 mushrooms per group.)

Now let us assume mushrooms are stack-able:
  • Maximum results would be wielded by spawning about 200 mushrooms at once before killing them, however I'll stick to my assumed 2 second to spawn a mushroom and instead use a mob size of 125 mushrooms to be safe (due to 5 minute duration). For arguments sake, I will give the example using cart revolution since the point of this suggestion was to remove the dual clients.
  • Since they are stacked, the creator does not require cart reving them onto one spot. It takes approximately 13 seconds to kill a mushroom with a low AGI build (my result). 15 seconds to be safe. Higher AGI builds, no weapon etc would obviously be faster).
  • 250 seconds to spawn 125 mushrooms, about 15 seconds to kill them. A total of 265 seconds.
  • This would result in about 18~19 alcohols, 9~10 karvos per group.
  • In an one hour period, this is 254~255 alcohols, 127~128 karvos.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

So frankly you can draw your own conclusions from this. If you know what you are doing then it makes little difference if you use a star gladiator or not, it is simply easier. Having mushrooms stack able is also not all that different from using a star gladiator, however it is considerably different to Average Joe using cart rev and no star gladiator.

I don't care if it is changed or not since I rarely play my creator, but I wanted some facts in here. The times are quite accurate for my farming, however your results may obviously vary (though neither method is all to difficult to do). Once again these are rough calculations not considering storage and healing times when and if necessary.
/right
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Dowe wrote:So frankly you can draw your own conclusions from this. If you know what you are doing then it makes little difference if you use a star gladiator or not, it is simply easier. Having mushrooms stack able is also not all that different from using a star gladiator, however it is considerably different to Average Joe using cart rev and no star gladiator.

I don't care if it is changed or not since I rarely play my creator, but I wanted some facts in here. The times are quite accurate for my farming, however your results may obviously vary (though neither method is all to difficult to do). Once again these are rough calculations not considering storage and healing times when and if necessary.
Thanks, Dowe.

This not only proves that stacking is not needed, but also proves that its already easy enough as it is. I'm still sticking to what I've said before. -1 to the idea.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Dowe wrote: NOW if we assume the person does not wish to make a star gladiator or chooses not to for whatever reason, then the results would be different:
  • 2 Seconds to spawn a mushroom
  • 30 Seconds to kill about 20 mushrooms by stacking them in a row at an appropriate (undisclosed) place, and using cart revolution to kill them. (You could EASILY kill more mushrooms in one go if you wanted to. I was able to do +40 in one go in roughly 20 seconds. Using a high AGI build would also wield much better results as well. For arguments sake, Ill stick to 20 mushrooms @ 30 seconds.)
  • That equals about 70 seconds to spawn and kill 20 mushrooms.
  • 20 mushrooms equals about 3 alcohols, 1~2 Karvos.
  • In a one hour period, you would get 154~155 alcohols, 77~78 karvos. (Which is a potential +200 alcohols, +100 Karvos per hour if you get about 40~50 mushrooms per group.)
I'm glad you said this, because that's still not how I would be cultivating. Thought I'd point out, this is still one of the slowest methods of cultivating. However, there is still a faster way when only using one client.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Clearly, true pros Gank Mushrooms then with perfect timing, stack them using Heat.

ORRRAAAAA
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

I'd like to point out that, cultivating for us is by any means an issue. We have 3-4 creators stacking on one cell, doing 200 attempts before killing. This was just a simple question to make it to where you would not have to use one of the three save spots from a star glad. And make it much more effective. So instead of bashing one an other views on how easy it is to cultivate, how about we discuss the actual reason this was posted.