Plant Cultivation in Towns

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Plant Cultivation in Towns

Post by PiraNja »

Hullo~
I know this has been brought up before, but being it was not the main focus of that discussion, I figured it may be to more effect to take it to an own topic to discuss and such.

Suggestion:
Allow the stacking of plants and mushrooms when cultivating in towns (i.e. places one can warp to from the Town Warp menu).

I understand if it is prevented on field and dungeon maps, if there is some sort of way to abuse it, but I see no point in doing so on town maps.

Yes, farming for ingredients for Acid Demo should be hard, given the relative usefulness of the skill, but that is already done in hunting all the other parts and I do not think being forced to multi-client a Star Gladiator contributes to the 'difficulty' of the ingredient-farming.
That's my opinion anyway, which doesn't have to be yours, but I'd like to see how others view this suggestion.

[Edit: Removed argument regarding Star Gladiators/Multi-clienting]

Discuss/Support/Disapprove/Stuff?
Last edited by PiraNja on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Plant Cultivation in Towns

Post by GDRAGON »

Makes farming for necessities too easy. You dont need a star glad to do it anyway. Can be, and meant to be done alone.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Edit, my post is full of crap maybe I'll edit it later but for now I'd like to see this in game. >__>
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Half of my posts in the past week are clarification ones...
Yes, a Star Gladiator can be used to do it, but why should this be seen as the 'proper' way to do it on a server that does not blatantly support multi-clienting?
http://install.amistr.net/
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52
..and more topics regarding that it was approved to actually place the MC flag in the official client when we move to the Renewal client.

Getting really tired of people using the MC argument for any supporting argument for things..
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Post by PiraNja »

Alright,
I am sorry I was not aware of that and will remove that argument from my initial post.

I cannot say my opinion regarding Star Gladiator use for Cultivating changes, regardless.
It's a job completely unrelated to Creator in any way, so why should it be a supposed way, when there shouldn't be that much trouble with stacking being allowed in towns (as far as I can tell, I don't mind being corrected).

Although, I guess I must admit that that point is invalid if it's perfectly possible doing it without one, GDRAGON, however,...
What I read on the other topic was that stacking was not disallowed due to some supposed 'ease' it is for farming ingredients (and I would like to add here, from what I witnessed of the SG+Creator cultivating thus far, it seemed just as fast as without one, just with the requirement of spending time to level a completely unrelated job, as noted above), but due to some abuse or another on MVPs or by farming a ton at once and more quickly than could legally be possible.
If it were only allowed in towns, the MVP point should be moot and if someone can click one space a billion times per second, then it doesn't really matter to their cheating if they do so on a space at a wall or on a space next to an SG by a wall, and I would assume would be able to be detected as cheating.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I say +1 to this, since I do now have a creator myself and I have been a creator before. I don't see any real harm into adding stackable mushies despite it being "too easy" as people claim before or most commonly used, I don't think that's a real reason to not have stackable mushies. It's still hard to get material from mushies with or without the stackable. But, that's just my opinion :3
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

GDRAGON wrote:-1
Makes farming for necessities too easy. You dont need a star glad to do it anyway. Can be, and meant to be done alone.
Too easy? I don't think you understand the drop rate on the main item creator's cultivate for AD. I have two creators myself(one brew and one woe) And when I have a friend on one or the other. Helping my cultivate, the rate in which you get the main item, is so minimal. It hardly makes it 'easy'. And if you were to remove the star glad, It would be pointless to even bother with the skill.

Now regarding the original reason for this thread.

I am really neutral on this topic. I would like to be able to close one more client that I have running to be able to cultivate. But It isn't a bother to me really.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Yes, it's too easy. Enabling stack does not only have an effect on cultivation, but other things as well (can be abused, but I won't go into that). If you're considering that this method of cultivating is hard... then that just means you haven't played enough. If you double client for this, that just means you're lazy. Yes, I do agree it's annoying. But nonetheless, it's easy.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

GDRAGON wrote:Yes, it's too easy. Enabling stack does not only have an effect on cultivation, but other things as well (can be abused, but I won't go into that). If you're considering that this method of cultivating is hard... then that just means you haven't played enough. If you double client for this, that just means you're lazy. Yes, I do agree it's annoying. But nonetheless, it's easy.
Maybe if your argument was more then LOLLAZY it would have more impact. The "abuse" you speak of would be a better reason to not put it in so please elaborate on that.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

OK, wow. Farming for alcohols is really, really, easy. If our guild can pull off about 50-60 alcohols, using one creator and no other clients, in 15 minutes, there's no reason why you guys can't either. It makes me curious as to how you guys are cultivating. I think it's more of a hassle for our guild to make actual pots than to make the bottles for AD.

One of the reasons stacking was discontinued was due to the lag it can create. If you stack 200 or even 100 mushrooms on top of each other and then throw a cart revolution on them, it makes for great lag spikes, especially on larger servers where you have a large number of creators. This is also one of the same reasons why autocasting was turned off when hitting mushrooms. This is also one of the same reasons why mushrooms now have a five minute life span.

Now for the abuse factor.. LOLOL... Oh gosh, I haven't done this in a while, but it's pretty fun none the less. Stack a good number of mushrooms against a wall, get a priest to throw down a sanctuary, use an azoth, cart revolution for animation lagg, hope you have a good turn out of transformations, repeat until all the mushrooms were transformed or you just can't get to the stack anymore. This was one of the problems a lot of previous servers encountered when mushroom stacking was allowed. People would litter towns with tons of monsters making them uninhabitable until they were cleaned.