Make Pet Eggs Non-NPCable

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Make Pet Eggs Non-NPCable

Post by MayChan »

One thing I know, even if you do pay attention, and try really hard to keep that up. Most the time you are bound to slip up one day again. Nothing is really perfect to keep up all the time. Part of that is paying attention. I ask this suggestion so that it can prevent from people doing that. Hell, I'm surprised I had my Incubus that long..I thought I would of NPCed it the day after I got it back again, that didn't last all that long though.

I jsut find it sad when people accidentally NPC their pet eggs >: if it was cards I'd laugh or say that sucks. but Pet eggs! D: they are pets! >.< I just see a different level between them, and I don't think they should be the same level as gears and cards.

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Trading between Haelstrom and The Vault, I had well over 900 different types of items, including a large mass of cards and fairly~very rare gear. I also vended many excess things beyond that 900.

Didn't misplace a single one of them (I did misplace a Burning Bow I loaned out for a brief time, but that's a different story).

It's about paying attention. NPC'ing something isn't "inevitable," yes we all make mistakes. But that doesn't mean we're assured to make that mistake, especially if you're careful. You went through the NPC in too quick a hurry, you paid the price - that should teach you "I should slow down and double check what I have set to sell before I do, every time from now on."

Such is the process of learning.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

But there are some people, who doesn't like to be in that slow pace, especially those that hunt for money? Most the time, people would use the toggle and click through they things they sell if it's in multiples for example rings from Gefenia. Sometimes things are out of place when selling and one thing can be in that pile of rings. And some people do not like to go in pace and or forget to slow down if they had a mistake before. It's usually a habit or the fact they don't like to go in that pace period. I was thinking more of a comfort ability for people to not have to worry about selling their eggs if they are very fast paced. Some people work fast, some people work slow.

I was pretty sure, and laughed, that I was gonna NPC my Incubus again, but I was cautious and hope that I wouldn't. I knew there may be a time I will just completely forget its in my invo at all, hoping that wouldn't happen again.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

It's not about speed as much as about being careful. It only takes a second to stop, say "hey, I should check," and scroll down your items to be sold prior to doing so. It doesn't delay you to any significant degree. To not do so is to be careless, and if it doesn't impact you, good. If it does, I hate to say it, but tough.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Sythis wrote:
GDRAGON wrote:-1
Accidentally NPC'ing items is part of the game too.
True, but this is called a custom server. Kinda why the forums have a "Comment and Suggestion" section.
Also true, but something like this is just "noob-proof" for people who don't know what they're doing. It's not something that is needed, nor something that would benefit the server.

Don't play RO 5AM in the mornings, or when you're drunk. Any of these can lead to stupid irreversible mistakes. Or maybe... actually look at what you're NPC'ing. That might help.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I don't see the harm of it.
/right
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Dowe wrote:I don't see the harm of it.
Neither do I. Can we also make cards, gears, and quested items non-NPCable too? Oh wait, the GMs covered this:
We also do not return items lost at players fault, such as the following;
* Dropped items.
* Zeny accidently given to wrong player.
* Items accidently sold to a NPC.
* Items broken during upgrade attempts.
* Character deleted by player, but forgot to unequip items.
* Players in public places that do not take precautions to secure their information. This includes, but is not limited to, netcafes or university internet.
I guess that means, deal with it.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I was discussing this with another staff member and brought up the card issue as well. But it's true, it'll just lead to more requests for items to not be NPC-able.

It's an easy implementation, just we need to draw the line on what exactly we're changing now rather than later, otherwise we're going to get comments and suggestions later on about how this set precedence for other things.

If we do move forward with making certain items non-NPCable though, a Trash Collector NPC will need to be added as some players still prefer the option to be able to sell cards and pets rather than dropping them for someone else to *maybe* get. And yes, there are people like that.