Make Pet Eggs Non-NPCable

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Make Pet Eggs Non-NPCable

Post by MayChan »

I know this kind of thing isn't really a big problem, but I think it's kind of a convenient thing the server can has, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

I seen some people around in the server with pets, and I'm sure some of them put them back in the egg when needed too. Some also forget its in their invo, and when they began to sell stuff with the toggle check, they might accidentally sell the egg too. It'll be really convenient for those who love to collect or save pets, and don't have to worry about selling their pets by mistake.

I personally, and stupidly... NPCed my Incubus pet...twice >.> both were a gift too and I feel bad for it >.<. I don't only want to have this implemented for myself, but others too who might have the same problems or paranoid about selling eggs by mistake.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: Make Pet Eggs Non-NPCable

Post by Haelstrom »

[Sips a can of Dr. Pepper.] By jove, what does this thread s-

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAHAH!!!

Hah.. ah man. That was good. Ahw man.

Due seriousness, I see where you're coming from, but -1. Why? This is no different than if people vend cards by accident, gear, etc. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry it happened to you, but you should be paying attention when you vend, especially when important things are in your inventory. If worse comes to worse, place things you want to make sure you don't sell in storage pre-NPC'ing.

I understand edits to better server convenience, but this just feels like a catch-all for people who can't be bothered to pay attention. Keep your wits about you more and such an issue won't happen.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

+1
I honestly see no harm in something like that being added. Its a mistake that people sometimes make. And easy fix, that wouldn't cause any sort of 'imbalance' to anything. The only real reason I would see anyone turning this one down, is cause they just simply want to argue with someone.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I know I should have been paying attention, but things happen when you get in a bad mood or you just not having that day. Sometimes you forget things that you don't mean to forget and it's too late. Granted I always have pay attention so I wouldn't sell it, and was paranoid of making that mistake..again, but it happened.

In my opinion, I think cards and gears are different levels from pet eggs. Most people have pets cause, well they want it cause they "like" it. Most people here have cards cause they "need" them, most of the time the gear is on them too, so it's less prone to be sold then pet eggs. I just don't want to others and I have paranoia of selling the pets they love to have.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Accidentally NPC'ing items is part of the game too.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

GDRAGON wrote:-1
Accidentally NPC'ing items is part of the game too.
True, but this is called a custom server. Kinda why the forums have a "Comment and Suggestion" section.
Tri Edge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Tri Edge »

Hey May you didn't NPC them. I cooked their eggs and ate them for breakfast, DELICIOUS!
Left a slight demonic after taste though... /drool
Last edited by Tri Edge on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I'm sorry, but vending pet eggs is no different than vending cards, armor, etc. Carelessness is something the player should work on avoiding, not have their hand held through. I've been in some poor moods while playing too, but I force myself to have my wits about me.

You don't "need" cards. They're simply your preference for use.

Again, I understand it sucks. Back on my old server, I wasn't paying attention and put up a Thara for 100z once. Before I could even end Vend, someone had rushed to it, saw it, and bought it.

I didn't go to the staff asking for vend prices to be defaulted on their lower limit to a certain value so it'd prevent me from doing it again. Didn't even get mad at who bought it. I went "Welp, I failed," chalked it up as a job well failed, made a mental note of it, paid more attention from then on.

You should do the same.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

Haelstrom wrote:Again, I understand it sucks. Back on my old server, I wasn't paying attention and put up a Thara for 100z once. Before I could even end Vend, someone had rushed to it, saw it, and bought it.
Vending and NPC'in is two different things, and can hardly be compared like that.

I do agree with paying attention to what you sell and don't. But Why is it you should be so harshly punished for a very small easily fixed mistake?
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

It's not different in regards to carelessness. By your logic, we should make it so you can't drop anything so you can never lose it. There's a difference, again, between a "fix" to help address a game breaking issue or a matter of convenience, and essentially holding players' hands to ridiculous degrees.

Again, you've got my apologies it happened, but no matter what the circumstances, May, you did make a mistake. Learn from it.