Vending

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Vending

Post by cometodru »

Can we have a time limit on vending? Like say 12 hours of @at time? This way if someone isn't active for a day or two, their vends aren't still making them money. This also allows for rotations of vends in more desirable spots.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Vending

Post by Koma »

Only problem I see with this is how does this affect people that don't @at?
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

We can increase the time limit to 24 hours. Most people will still probably use @at for the convenience and the one less client they have to run factor. If they choose to leave a client open at all times, that's their choice, but, then again, aren't the ones who would leave an extra client on usually active anyways?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I vaguely remember this topic being brought up before, but the person that talked with me about it immediately agreed that it was pointless to do considering that we already do maintenance weekly which wipes all of the vendors as it is.

If this isn't enough, then it just gets the person to relog every set time frame and keep their position -- thereby becoming a very moot point. If we actively say "your vendor is going to be kicked off every 12 hours", a player will just toss up their vendor again every 10 hours.Then we get into the cycle of having another suggestion opened up with people asking for "2 hour kicks", then we end up with no one being able to vend anything at all -- or going for third-party applications to relog their vendors.

It doesn't make the players more active either -- just bothers legitimate vendors as they're forced to babysit their vend constantly.

This really doesn't seem like a viable solution. Alternatives?
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

a vending map? specifically for vending? kinda like a mall setting.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

That one would be under viewtopic.php?f=11&t=892.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Maps specially made for vending is a terrible idea.
It makes things seem so much less lively.
Empty != good.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I was working on a "town map" a few weeks ago which sort of had a vending area (slightly) off to the side. I discontinued it because of a lack of ideas regarding layout and theme.

More specifically, I wanted a design that had some "prime" vending spots within view of the main area, and more slightly off to the side. These would still be in the same area, just out of direct sight of the town spawn point and area everyone hangs (read: AFKs). The plan was to have the "prime" vending spots kicked every day or two, so that they are renewed and refilled regularly. Other more permanent spots would be available just out of sight of the main town area(ie. spots that don't kick and would last until maintenance).

It is STILL a possibility if I'm sent (or think of) some nice themes, designs, etc ... but it would not happen until I have completely finished all my other work.
/right
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is basically denied as support for it diminished when various perspectives were given. The vending town is still a possible option though.