Decarding NPC

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Decarding NPC

Post by Roy Revant »

Hi.

I am going to assume we all understand the value of a card, and how they can be easily considered the most valuable good on the game. (Well, with due exceptions, of course)

The point of not been able to normally de-card stuff goes beyond economy, many people already wrote about that so I don't feel a need to dwell there, rather, I want to express my point of view relating the very basic RO expierence.

To allow decarding of cards would severly affect most (if not all) aspects of the game, if we allow decarding, then a player will only feel the need of hunting one card per account, since he already filled his needs, thus, we create a monotonous system, X player sees how he can earn 10m per hour, instead of making parties and making new friends to hunt for the several stuffs, he just goes the solo way, hunts Mavkas for 2 days, and gets the basic stuff he needs. This a cycle that repeats itself and when we notice, we got 20 players on Moscovia dungeon all day, yet 0 players on a whole week on places like Thor Vulcano, only those organized are able to hit "hard" places (when you know what to do, and got a reliable group of friends, no place is hard in reality), but since they can just decard stuff as well, no need to go back to said places once you got what you needed.

And, then we end with your generic private server, a place where someone joins, solo all his way, obtains all he needs, and then he feels the urge to WoE, so either makes a new guild, but due to lack of knowledge and creativity, the guild pretty much is just a group of people fighting a same enemy but fighting it 1 on 1, this generating a lack of competition and you pretty much know what happens from there, or he joins a guild instead of making his own, but chances are it is just like the case above, and in the unlikely event he happens to join a good guild (in most cases, good guilds are closed ones only open for friends), due to presence of Card Remover, the guild pretty much already has the basic cards and armors needed, no urge to make guild runs or lving runs, basically, all that is left are those high-tier MVP loots, but then again, we are talking about a fresh player who just farmed zeny instead of hunting, experimenting with builds to see what works well and what not, and is almost like a blank piece of paper, that you need to teach and guide, and very few guilds do that, those that do, power to them, for they are real players that understand that a game should be enjoyed and not treated like "SRS BSSNESS".

In the end, the generic player isn't playing RO anymore, he is just playing "Farm the Mavkas!" game, with "Massive PvP event!" where he Sonic Blows all in sight each weekend instead of an actual War of Emperium, no need to hunt for anything or make parties other than Zerg Abbey ones for exp.

Now, I don't know about you, but I thank the GM Team of Amistr for not having the Card Remover in the first place and preventing the case above, as for having reduced the drop % of witherless roses and directly countering the Mavka hunting, or zeny inflation.

In resume, Card Remover pretty much disables the need of hunting (real hunting), and to an extent, the need to play for real, it would cause more dmg than what it would repair, I prefer a 100 times a server where I need to hunt 20 Meteor Plates to suffice my needs for each situation (Marc/Elemental Cards/Porcellio/etc), rather than 1 where I can't hunt even a single one because of the lack of self-competition, hunting inspiration and people with the basic knowledge of what to do.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Important part:
Roy Revant wrote:Card Remover pretty much disables the need of hunting (real hunting), and to an extent, the need to play for real, it would cause more dmg than what it would repair
I agree with the majority of that long post (or at least the parts I skimmed /swt ).
/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Just face it mr. POT.
It's not going to happen.
ever.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

Phaiyte wrote:Bringing your multiple friends to assist you in a battle
you can't win is a prime example of a ghetto mexican.
If you notice the trend in ghetto mexis,
they're pretty unintelligent and believe they
can out do anything with quantity rather than quallity.
It's kind of how ghettos stay the way they are.
Worthless places that are undesirable to live in.

Anyways, saying something like
"OH YEAH WELL I'LL GET MY WOE BUDDIES TO COME HELP ME OUT"
will never help you in any situation.
If anything it makes you look retarded.
Like a new-born child with downs-syndrome.

Don't make yourself look like a new-born child with downs-syndrome.
If you feel the need to call on someone else to help you,
THEN even use a petty excuse like "they're busy",
it's probably better to just not do/say anything at all.
lol. If you can read, I clearly posted that I'd bring them to laugh at your concept of an economy rather than asking them to help me in a rather ringing debate, since I don't need them in any way, actually. I don't see any ghetto-mexican shit resemblance on that. Yes, we all just graduated and we're looking for a place to live in while we stay at the capital city for university life. So, yeah, they are busy.
Roy Revant wrote: In resume, Card Remover pretty much disables the need of hunting (real hunting), and to an extent, the need to play for real, it would cause more dmg than what it would repair, I prefer a 100 times a server where I need to hunt 20 Meteor Plates to suffice my needs for each situation (Marc/Elemental Cards/Porcellio/etc), rather than 1 where I can't hunt even a single one because of the lack of self-competition, hunting inspiration and people with the basic knowledge of what to do.
On the long term, this somehow convinced me. However, nobody has posted an actual detailed conception about this, which is what I actually go for:
One of the arguments I've seen against this is how it would impact the value of MVP cards. This could be avoided by not allowing that NPC to remove MVP cards from weapons. Instead, there could be an additional NPC, with a much higher cost, that only offers you a chance to remove MVP cards, thereby making it a serious risk to be taken. This could also apply to miniboss cards, or not. That's up to the discretion of the GMs/Other Players. This would prevent people from constantly removing MVP cards from their equipment to sell/trade.

In short: NPC to de-card cards from common monsters at the expense of destroying the equip they're in.
???

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I'm guessing no one gets the concept of "no"?
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

Probably.

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker