Decarding NPC

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Pain0nTrial
Poring
Poring

Decarding NPC

Post by Pain0nTrial »

I know this has been suggested before, but hear me out.

RO is being updated pretty often. If and when a new piece of equipment comes out that you really want, you'll have to spend quite a bit of time hunting for the same card you had in your old equipment. This is great when the card you're looking for comes from a monster around your level, but it poses problems in other situations.

Maybe it comes from a monster that's so far below you that it's simply tedious to kill it over and over again. Or, on the flip side, maybe it comes from a monster that's far enough above you that you have trouble killing it yourself, but you managed to kill in a party.

A friend of mine suggested what I think is a perfectly reasonable idea. Similar to how we have an NPC that can destroy cards while leaving the weapon/armor they were in in-tact, why not make one that can destroy the weapon/armor and leave the card in one piece?

One of the arguments I've seen against this is how it would impact the value of MVP cards. This could be avoided by not allowing that NPC to remove MVP cards from weapons. Instead, there could be an additional NPC, with a much higher cost, that only offers you a chance to remove MVP cards, thereby making it a serious risk to be taken. This could also apply to miniboss cards, or not. That's up to the discretion of the GMs/Other Players. This would prevent people from constantly removing MVP cards from their equipment to sell/trade.

In short: NPC to de-card cards from common monsters at the expense of destroying the equip they're in.
NPC to de-card MVP (and possibly miniboss) cards, at a high monetary cost, and a risk of failure.
Card hunting takes quite a bit of time, and not every player has the time to devote to that.

I know, on a personal level, as a student soon to be entering college, I'll be hard pressed for time to play, and I'd much rather spend the little time I'll have actually enjoying the game, as opposed to hunting for cards every time a new piece of equipment comes out.
Pain0nTrial - Assassin|Rian - Crusader|Nagai - Creator
Deathvader
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Decarding NPC

Post by Deathvader »

2 Options, destroy card(s) or destory equipment. i ll support this
quit
Hali
Drops
Drops

Post by Hali »

+1 I think it's a useful idea either.

Also that the MVP Cards can only be removed with an included risk to lose them.

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

Pain0nTrial wrote: Similar to how we have an NPC that can destroy cards while leaving the weapon/armor they were in in-tact, why not make one that can destroy the weapon/armor and leave the card in one piece?
^ This.

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Yes please.
summetallized
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by summetallized »

lol.. that was a good topic.. no comment xD
fantasy2000
Poring
Poring

CARD REMOVER REQUEST!

Post by fantasy2000 »

GM, please provide a card remover in this server! i think most of the player really need it! It's important for new player too. /com
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Oh, yes, plz, by all means, destroy an economy even harder.

The difference between destroying a piece of equipment and a card is HUGE.
You're one lucky fucker to get most cards.
Equipment is dropped at a far higher rate on any circumstance.

"hur hur hey man I just got a Vesper/Mistress Card,
lemme take this Isilla out of my +8 Ulle's and stick in there <3"
I hope you can see the difference.

And don't you dare make the argument that it will be difficult to get the cards.
1. THAT'S THE POINT
2. It always happens.
The instant someone says other people are not going to get something,
someone gets it there on the spot.

If you HAVE to fuck with cards and removers,
leave it as is.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Pain0nTrial
Poring
Poring

Post by Pain0nTrial »

Phaiyte wrote:Oh, yes, plz, by all means, destroy an economy even harder.

The difference between destroying a piece of equipment and a card is HUGE.
You're one lucky fucker to get most cards.
Equipment is dropped at a far higher rate on any circumstance.

"hur hur hey man I just got a Vesper/Mistress Card,
lemme take this Isilla out of my +8 Ulle's and stick in there <3"
I hope you can see the difference.

And don't you dare make the argument that it will be difficult to get the cards.
1. THAT'S THE POINT
2. It always happens.
The instant someone says other people are not going to get something,
someone gets it there on the spot.

If you HAVE to fuck with cards and removers,
leave it as is.
Okay, first. Destroy the economy? By allowing people to re-use their cards, there'll be more cards circulating, stabilizing the economy, and hopefully driving down some of these absurdly high prices.

Second, as you said, equipment drops at a much higher rate than cards. So if someone does get an MVP card, they can just hunt a new piece of equipment to put it in. So what have we accomplished? Now we have an old piece of equipment, no longer of use to the owner, going up for sale at a ridiculous price because of the card in it.

Third, yes, it is hard to get cards. I am aware of that. Everybody is. But like you said, it always happens. As soon as someone says someone won't get a card, someone does. So should we... not have cards at all? Just following your logic. Since your main complaint there seems to be that people will find cards.

Fourth... what? That doesn't even make sense. If you HAVE to change it, leave it as is?

Fifth, okay. First of all, "don't you dare?" Is that a demand? Second, were the vulgarities really necessary? Just saying, it doesn't offend me that much, but it's a bit rude to post that where anyone can read it.
Pain0nTrial - Assassin|Rian - Crusader|Nagai - Creator
summetallized
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by summetallized »

I think GM will not do that.. coz i think those high rate server only have dat kind of npc..