BUff for extended classes

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
dudek18
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

BUff for extended classes

Post by dudek18 »

This i believe is a very delicate matter
the extended classes are really great classes in ro
and i understand they are not as great as the trans classes
since they have only to lvl once to 99 so they cant be as good and are as they are designed to be

Was just to make them more interesting if
thier exp they make reduced to half of other classes
means they would have to spend the same time leveling so they could be adjusted to be on par
or say closer to the trans classes in terms of hp,sp, flee etc like gunslinger can be a bit closer to sniper..
adjustment in skills is not necessary
or just make it such that they have to get a rebirth and lvl all over once they hit 99 to get the new bonuses
just to make players have lot more options and more fun

which would also enable them to use some of the gear available to only trans classes
which is realy big disadvantage with the extended classes that they cannot use most of the new gear
even if only the gear were made available would reduce the gap between trans and extended classes
like even just being able to use valk gears , tidal/wool would really make a big differece

thus giving lot of players lot of options
i know many ppl love the extended classes but just give up cause
they feel they are inferior to the trans classes

its just a thought
not sure how much is possible
but sure would be great to have more options
and definitely encourage more ppl to join
and make the server unique and more balanced
robleyf7
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: BUff for extended classes

Post by robleyf7 »

i agree having Tidals an Trans class only gears made for none tranz class would be nice make lvling alot easier an stuff alor of people quits a certain class cuz lvling is to slow an can.t get better gears cuz they are Tranz class only so changeing it would help some
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

There's always a possibility of future promotions to the extended classes (it's been hinted at in official blogs they're considering it for the future). So if any changes were made, I feel they'd need to be viewed on a temporary basis, with the understanding they would eventually be revoked were this the case.

But I do agree - a Taekwon Ranker, a physical Ninja, the right hybrid of Gunslinger, etc. can all be very effective in WoE and PVP if done right.. but it always feels like they're partially gimped. I mean hell, a Soul Link for Ninja and Gunslinger was something I expected to be added for ages, to no avail.

It's not as simple as making every transcendent gear equip-able by every extended though; be selective about it and allow what makes sense to equip what need be, and I think we'd be on the right track.
dudek18
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dudek18 »

Its nice to know there maybe promotion for extended classes
but where did u get this info ive benn looking aorund on all forums and future ro wiki
but seems to be just a new promotion for the main/tran classes no info on the extended classes

ist just a tad bit underpowered right now lacking a decent about of the hp,def, and flee bonuses
which really make a lot of difference
eg: gearless gs will be around 4k+ hp and sniper aorund 6k+
i do undersatnd u have spent more time on a char
but on 50x server is it really that relevant
and i wouldent mind if they made it such that i ahd to go to 99 rebirth
high novice> high gunslinger.... and get a decent bonuses..
equvalent or just a tad bit less but still competetive ones will still be a great welcome change

and for the gears as hinted above not all need to be made available
but a few as per class
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

jRO interview a bit back translated, nothing concrete as usual. Just a vague "We're considering it.." kind of message you can't interpret one way or another. =P
dudek18
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dudek18 »

well i doubt anything is gonna come up soon ..
anyway im looking forward to the amistr Gms to think about my suggestions
all i have given are vague ideas as of now
and the buff will have to be job specific
all hope is in having the bonuses nearly equal
like a 99 ninja would have stats almost equal to a stalker
in terms of hp and def less flee of-course etc
or a Gunslinger has stats close to sniper in terms of hp, def, flee

and they would say have to get a rebirth and lvl up again to get these
i could give more specific suggestions if the GMs do start thinking on it
and exact numbers and figures
and im sure more ppl would contibute if we get some response from the GM :p
so waiting to hear from u guys ..
Tks enjoy ///
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I'd vary the job bonuses a little based on currently existing classes like you stated, and give (fitting) transcendent gear access.

Example: Sniping Suit makes perfect sense to be wearable by a Gunslinger, because they in fact have a .. basically.. sniper rifle.

Job bonus wise, here's how they are currently:
For Gunslinger, the last bonus is gained jLVL 64.

+4 STR, +1 AGI, +1 VIT, +2 INT, +9 DEX, +7 LUK.

This is opposed to the closest main class transcendent, Sniper, who at jLVL 70 have:

+4 STR, +11 AGI, +3 VIT, +5 INt, +14 DEX, +8 LUK.

Superior in every single way save STR and by far. How this could be handled, would be to make Gunslinger excel at some areas a bit more than Sniper and vice-versa; keep Snipers better overall at DEX, but give Gunslinger more AGI/VIT to compensate. Premise being, a Sniper would need extraordinary dexterity in order to utilize a bow so efficiently, but that a gun-wielder would likely be more agile, mobile, and hearty.
Ninja at jLVl 64 as well, gains the following:

+1 STR (despite their overall best WoE builds being physical ones), +8 AGI, +1 VIT, +5 INT, +6 DEX, +4 LUK.

Not really terrible, except again, two key stats for the most viable, dedicated WoE builds are only given a single status point, and what few stats that are shown some support are terribly so.

This is comparing to Stalker, closest I can grab, who at 70 get:

+9 STR, +11 AGI, +4 VIT, +3 INT, +12 DEX, +6 LUK.

The only poor jBonus a Stalker might point at is the INT; overall very solid job bonuses to fit the sheer versatility of the Stalker. But as for a Ninja?

The only thing caster can be decent at in WoE aside from being a super-Deluge, is bolt-locking an opponent, and that rewards you low survivability on top of it all. So their job bonus spread is very poorly made on what major stats are focused onto for a competitive Ninja at this stage.
Now, I'm not saying we should make extended SUPER POWERFUL LIKE TRANSCENDENT!11 - but that I agree they should receive a little more viability and this would do the trick nicely. The job bonuses compared to the average transcendent class, i.e. the most used in the game, truly don't compare with the transcendent often having 2-3x the stats any given extended does. I'm not saying a good Ninja can't stomp a bad Stalker, but that if both were on top of their game, the transcendent has without fail the edge.

Taekwon Ranker, I believe should get minor Jbonuses once Ranker. The Ranker benefits are humongous, but still, one has to question these bonuses at 25:
+6 STR, +6 AGI, +6 DEX, 0 all else
Especially since once Ranker, AGI can literally be completely thrown out the door.

Star Gladiator really is fine for the most part, except again, poor management of stats in some regards-
STR 12, AGI 12, VIT 0, INT 0, DEX 6, LUK 0.
It'd make far more sense to be STR 12, AGI 5, VIT 6, INT 3, DEX 6, LUK 1.

Soul Linkers are sadly rarely if ever used inside of WoE (few people even level them to max), despite having great potential use. But they're a lot like Star Gladiator - they have a few worthy bonuses, but absolutely nothing else to "compensate."
STR 0, AGI 0, VIT 6, INT 12, DEX 12, LUK 0
Better would probably be STR 2, AGI 2, VIT 8, INT 12, DEX 10, LUK 1, although as is works fine for those who just use them as Link slaves.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Any of these classes can be used and used well, but until Gravity makes even an inkling of changing their mechanics, they're underwhelming in manyways still.

Sure, any one of them you can win in a fight with, but that's like saying I can theoretically win against a guy wielding an M16 with a twig. It's true. I sneak up on him and jab the twig into his ear and scramble his brains, my twig beat his M16. That doesn't make the twig as viable as an M16 assault rifle however, because if he saw me at all, I'd be a guy with a twig - full of holes.
dudek18
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dudek18 »

So i had talk with Kiana in game
was awesome to know she did read all the posts here and they are discussing the matter
Bit. *not so awesome she wasnt really in favor. of changing the stats :p
but she is very open to disucssion and suggestions and letting the cmmunity put in thier input
so pls everyone reading this post do put in ur views

she did mention the availblity of gear is quite possible
but we will need to do a bit of testing on the test relm before we get it on the live realm
which is great do hope for some chages even if temprory ones until renewal

the main ares i feel the extended classes lack are in tersm of hp, aspd, flee cause even with max stats
u cant match the trans classes i understand they are not intended to since the leveling is less.
So perhaps with increse in leveling by cutting the exp in half or making them have a rebith to get close the gap a
bit maybe sya form a 2.5k defict in xp to say 1 - 1.5k woculd be also great

the gear availblity willmake thinsg so much smoother
as of now most of the new gears are un availbe to non trans classes
the sprint sets, wool tidal...

would be nice to have some of those since they do have really great bonuses
and easier to find in the market as thats what most players are doin right now

-
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I'd rebirth 7x on a Ninja if it got me a Ninja that's on on par* (not better, but not worse) than the transcendent main trees. I understand extended as they are now, are intended to fill a niche between transcendent and non - but with more and more new gear coming they can't utilize (though BGs have some very nice gear), and soon to be 3-1/3-2 classes before a potential upgrade to the extended are even confirmed, it comes to a point where they're a novelty more than viable in a strict sense.

I'd rather have them given various fitting balance tweaks (obviously, this will take time and testing) that makes them on par than being kept as they are "because they have less to level!! :D," and I think few people would disagree with me there. =P

Great to hear, though.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

theres a reason why they made class restriction for certain gears otherwise it would be pointless

extended != trans

trans has always been the 'dominant' growth of the same class which would make it obvious why trans stats/gears would be better