Ultra Good Clown Guide.

Guides, FAQs, and information about gameplay.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Ultra Good Clown Guide.

Post by Dowe »

Arrow wrote:Uhm. 90 vit and 10 luk giving status resist? Luk only effects resistance to curse nab.
You need 100 vit to be immune to stun and silence. You NEED to be immune to stun. And since you need to have 120 int and 100 vit without huge job buffs and bonuses anything giving VIT or INT is 20x more important then anything giving something other then that.

Also if you think blues are too heavy try some strawberries or Yggs
Incorrect. Luck DOES reduce stun and a few other status effects.
LUK
Luck: Each 1 LUK provides the following:
  • Critical rate (DEF ignoring attack) +0.3%,
  • Perfect dodge +0.1%
  • Blacksmiths: forging success rate +0.1%
  • Alchemists: brewing success rate +0.1%
  • Cooking success rate +0.1%
  • Every 5 LUK: reduces enemy's chance of landing critical attack by 1%
  • Every 5 LUK: ATK +1
  • Resistance to some status effects
    • Blind: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
    • Curse: -1% chance from being inflicted
    • Frozen: slightly decreases from being inflicted
    • Poison: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted (exact value unknown)
    • Silence: slightly decreases from being inflicted
    • Sleep: slightly decreases from being inflicted
    • Stone Curse: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
    • Stun: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted, -0.01 seconds duration
  • LUK does not effect ingame drop rates, or chances to get a rarer item when killing. Its simply based on in-game percents not LUK as a stat.
  • The calculation to see actual CRIT rate: CRIT = [LUK * 0.3] + 1
Source: IRO Wiki

In short: Luk affects (almost) all the status effects in one way or another. (inb4 eAthena is different. In this aspect, official servers and eAthena are the same.)
/right
Arrow
Poring
Poring

Post by Arrow »

You can't get immune to statuses besides curse with luk. Check some calcs. I did.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Luk does provide status resistance, however it is no where near that of vit,or other stats depending on status. (And if you think about it, it would make sense for Gravity to design it this way since it seems a logical purpose for "Luck").

I know you can gain coma immunity with about 300 or 500 luk or something. And yes, it was tested on a server where it wasn't changed either.

There is a lot that affects statuses besides the singular stat for immunity. For example, freeze does not have an immunity status, however classes with High Hard-Mdef have a shorter freeze duration. LUK also reduces the time of infliction, although I'm not sure of the exact duration decrease. With 100 Hard-MDef, you are essentially freeze immune because the duration is 0.

I could go on, but just look at my source yourself.

Luk effects almost ALL STATUSES. The resistance it gives is low (roughly -0.3% as a guess). People often suggest getting Vit or other stats because luk gives you very little in terms of bonuses. If you think of vit, many only get it for the HP boost, not its resistances.
/right
Arrow
Poring
Poring

Post by Arrow »

Yeah I didn't mean luk didn't effect it. I meant you can't get status immunity from luk besides curse. Not on a 99/70 anyway
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

90 vit and 10 luk isn't necessarily 100% probably, but it's well more than enough to dodge them most of the time and if you are affected by the status for some reason, it will not last more than half a second. The true main jobs of a Minstrel are not really affected by this split second at all.

For example, if you're buffing with songs:
if they status you and drop your song(s), the song(s) will still last a good 25-30 seconds or whatever.

If you're using Tarot cards or anything else other than songs for that matter:
You should have instant cast... fo' realz...
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Arrow wrote:Uhm. 90 vit and 10 luk giving status resist? Luk only effects resistance to curse nab.
You need 100 vit to be immune to stun and silence. You NEED to be immune to stun. And since you need to have 120 int and 100 vit without huge job buffs and bonuses anything giving VIT or INT is 20x more important then anything giving something other then that.

Also if you think blues are too heavy try some strawberries or Yggs
You just made yourself look like an absolute fool at this game.
Making equipment that just gives Vit is a total waste of everything.
It's cool if something already gives Vit, but don't ever go straight for Vit via cards or whatever.
Except maybe certain weapons like mage rods or some shit.
And Yggs in comparison are even heavier, fuuuck.
I stick with grapes and lemons since they give an enough supply of sp and they're light.
Arrow wrote:Yeah I didn't mean luk didn't effect it. I meant you can't get status immunity from luk besides curse. Not on a 99/70 anyway
Arrow wrote:Luk only effects resistance to curse nab.
Lol nice cover up.
Anyways, the point here is, Luk is a very underrated stat and great in small doses. Thus 10.
The cost of getting 10 Luk is much less than the cost of going from 90-100 Vit.
You'd might as well give your stat points to other players if you're going to be like that.
Dear God 120 int is not necessary. 70 alone is optimal.
You NEED Dex, you need Str less, but still need it.

90 vit and 10 luk isn't necessarily 100% probably, but it's well more than enough to dodge them most of the time and if you are affected by the status for some reason, it will not last more than half a second. The true main jobs of a Minstrel are not really affected by this split second at all.

For example, if you're buffing with songs:
if they status you and drop your song(s), the song(s) will still last a good 25-30 seconds or whatever.

If you're using Tarot cards or anything else other than songs for that matter:
You should have instant cast... fo' realz...
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.