aFlǝshyRequest

Posts meant for things you wish to BUY and for finding potential sellers.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

aFlǝshyRequest

Post by Sharpism »

Hello fellow Amistr Citizen!

I'm Flesh, and I've got a dream; a very realistic dream; a dream that will make my pally uber;
So what I need from you is:

Now although I may not have a lot of zeny at the time of being contacted, I can easily collect; So no worries there. Yes this MAY be a tad expensive and probably not going to be able to buy the Turtle General. But AT LEAST it's out in the open now, who knows I might have something to barter with you if you do happen to come across one.
In Game Names
Flesh
Ruen
Sneek
Selekt
Please refer to my Selling List as well: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1627&p=6247#p6247

Lastly, if you have seen a vendor selling any of the items above please let me know I may just compensate you for your troubles. On one more note: This list will be updated consistently so please check by occasionally.

Greatful for your time,
.............Flesh ♥
Last edited by Sharpism on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Re: aFlǝshyRequest

Post by Phaiyte »

Turtle General is terrible for any weapon past 1 slot.
And you may want to go for a pike [4] instead.
Tons better; promise.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Phaiyte wrote:Turtle General is terrible for any weapon past 1 slot.
And you may want to go for a pike [4] instead.
Tons better; promise.
I've done the math. :]

Weapon damage of +10 Pike[4]
60 [Base Damage] +20 [Refine Damage] = 80 Damage + 4 Slots

Weapon damage of +4 Mes[3]
120 [Base Damage] +28 [Refine Damage] = 148 Damage +3 Slots
_______BEDMAS
Cards: Turtle General + Hydra + Skeleton Worker = +66% Damage +5 Atk
Brackets
148 Damage [1.2*1.2*1.15] +5 Atk
Multiplacation
148 Damage *1.656 +5 Atk
Addition
245 +5 Atk = 250 Damage
Keep in mind that is a SAFELY refined Mes. [+4 for level 4 Weapon]

My point is that one card won't add 37 attack, and that is just a +4 Mes.
_________
Turtle General is just as good as a Hydra except that they don't stack they multiply. So TWO hydra would be 1.2[hydra]+.2[hydra] = 1.4 or 140% damage output.
1.2[Turtle General]*1.2[hydra] = 1.44 or 144% damage output.

Double Bloody Double Boned would give
1.4*1.4 = 1.96 or 196% damage output.

However that extra 96% damage doesn't mean that it's a high output;
  • Pike[4] is 60 Base Damage
    So 60*1.96 = 117.6 Rounded up would be 118 Damage.
    118-60= 58
    58/4 [for four cards] =14.5 or 15 Damage Meaning those 4 Cards added 14.5 Damage EACH.
    4 Zipper bears would add 30 Damage EACH.
So saying something like that without knowing my build is pointless. ;P

Cards and Weapons depend on the build and the stats, if it didn't we'd only have one weapon and one build and one type of card per class. :]

On top of all that considering a Mes is a dagger I get skill 1 Handed bonus for being a Paladin and my ASPD is quicker BECAUSE its a Dagger and not a Spear.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

For the +10 pike, its +2 atk for every safe refine, and +3 for every refinement over safety. Although I do agree Mes is a better go at it if you're doing what I think you're doing.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

+10 Refine of a Level 1 Weapon = +20 Atk
If this weren't true it'd be 23 bonus attack. n__n;
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

The normal attack has nothing to do with it.
After a certain point, gaining a certain amount of atk,
having that 4th card in the pike will begin
multiplying the damage even further than before.

As an example, on a normal basis Cellos are
pretty much the best weapon in the game.
But once I start having around 1500 or so atk,
Violins still prevail with damage output.
Tested and proven months ago.
Nothing's changed since then.

The one thing that would make a Mes better is if you were comparing
Zipper Bear cards being thrown in them,
but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're doing.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Sharpism wrote:Image
+10 Refine of a Level 1 Weapon = +20 Atk
If this weren't true it'd be 23 bonus attack. n__n;
I'm pretty sure the extra 3 atk is hidden, same with all the other weapon levels.
IROWiki wrote:When you successfully upgrade, you gain following effects:

* Weapons
o Weapon Lv. 1 - Every +1 upgrade gives +2 ATK (+3 ATK for every overupgrade).
o Weapon Lv. 2 - Every +1 upgrade gives +3 ATK (+5 ATK for every overupgrade).
o Weapon Lv. 3 - Every +1 upgrade gives +5 ATK (+7 ATK for every overupgrade).
o Weapon Lv. 4 - Every +1 upgrade gives +7 ATK (+13(?) ATK for every overupgrade).
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Sharpism wrote: Weapon damage of +10 Pike[4]
60 [Base Damage] +20 [Refine Damage] = 80 Damage + 4 Slots

Weapon damage of +4 Mes[3]
120 [Base Damage] +28 [Refine Damage] = 148 Damage +3 Slots
You just made a really common mistake. In your ATK stat, the first number is the base you are working with. The second number is a hard damage increase. So if you're attack was 100 + 10 and your skill does 200% damage, you would be doing ~210. You also haven't even accounted for the targets VIT defense which will counteract the second number.

Same concept applies to your defenses. First number is an actual percent decrease while the second is a hard number decrease. (ex. 20 + 15 DEF would be 20% physical damage reduction and then from that number you would take way another 15 damage)
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

cometodru wrote:You just made a really common mistake. In your ATK stat, the first number is the base you are working with. The second number is a hard damage increase. So if you're attack was 100 + 10 and your skill does 200% damage, you would be doing ~210. You also haven't even accounted for the targets VIT defense which will counteract the second number.

Same concept applies to your defenses. First number is an actual percent decrease while the second is a hard number decrease. (ex. 20 + 15 DEF would be 20% physical damage reduction and then from that number you would take way another 15 damage)
I'm working with naked characters to get pure damage. I could take in account a weapon for EVERY card combination I would be going up against; however I'm testing on naked characters and the characters would be characters I WOULD be targeting in WoE; a mes[3] with a TG, Hydra, SkeletonWorker does more PURE damage then ANY combination of a Pike[4] I've done the math I have a whole spread sheet done with pure battle damage for Paladin builds. This would work the best for me.

Lastly I wasn't using this with a skill, if I were attacking with a +4mes[3] it'd do 148 damage, I never mentioned ANY skills of any sort.

I'd be doing weapon swapping for any High VIT Def and Gear Def classes.
The mes is for a very specific reason and the cards that I have chosen are for the EXACT same reason.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

You missed my point. Each number does it's own thing. If you're going for damage, you still have to account for that because each side of the + follows different rules. Against 90% of the server, the damage you gain from refining is almost negligible.

It also doesn't matter if you mentioned skills or not because how the multipliers work applies in the same way to normal attacks. It was just more noticeable if I used a skill modifier as an example rather than cards.

You may also want to test with the bonus from the riding skill as well when using spears. (If it is in fact working on this server, I can't say for sure.) Also since you're going for pure damage need to take into account weapon vs. size reductions. Pure damage is not just a simple face value number. For whatever you plan on targeting with the weapons you're making, you should account for the most general things: size, element, race, and any general natural reductions that are not from cards or gears. Once those things I mentioned are actually taken into account, then you start getting your actual damage.