Tempest

Find an awesome guild to join or a not so awesome one.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Tempest

Post by GDRAGON »

For once, we're finally going to start recruiting. But that doesn't mean just anyone could get in. If you're new to the game, and cannot adapt quickly, you may want to visit other guild recruitment threads because this may not be the best for you. We are a group of experienced players who go way back. We are familiar with the game mechanics and will provide help if you need. All my current members know exactly what their role is, and that would be expected of you too, if you were to apply. If you think you know your class well enough to actively participate in WoE, MvP parties, then please read on.
1. You must not piss off any of our core members (pretty much everyone ranked 10 or above in the guild) in any way, which includes but is not limited to bad behavior and/or being dishonest as a form of "joking around".
2. Must be WoE active, at least one WoE (Saturday afternoon or evening) per week.
3. Must be able to inform me, or any other member who would be able to relay the message to me if you're unable to attend a WoE.
4. Must be able to understand simple English.
5. Must be able to follow instructions via our private vent server.
If you think you qualify all of the above, continue to read on.
Classes
Priests - Must be able to support party members efficiently using party menu. Knowing how to use safety wall and pneuma is also important.
Monks - I seriously hope monk users have snap, know how to snap. Need to be able to absorb other monk's spheres, and have your own SP potions.
Blacksmiths - Must have repair skill with required items on hand. Must be willing to use money (Mammonite, Cart Term) whenever called for.
Alchemists - Must be able to farm your own stuff for WoE, although some of us may help you at times if you manage to befriend us. Knowing how to control your homunculus is also important.
Knights - Must be able to occasionally switch from sword to spear, or vice versa.
Crusader - Must have devotion on hand, and know which players to devote. Learn to dodge asura, and better not let me see you get pinned down by one person.
Stalkers - No opinion. The varieties of stalkers are way too wide.
Assassins - Must be able to use your range of skills wisely. Skills are there to be used, not so you could limit yourself to EDP SB. Must be able to cran swap. If you don't know what that is, go search it up. If you are unable to perform this skill, you've wasted all that time reading, thanks and bye.
Hunters - DO NOT EVER double strafe in WoE, unless you have an extremely good reason to do it. Might also want to tell me before you do it so I don't get pissed at you. Needs to be able to trap quick and trap well. Do not trap yourself. Must know which traps to use at specific times.
Bards/Dancers - Must be able to tarot card while supporting party. Don't bother with arrow vulcan unless you know how to stack and/or you know you could take them down. Know which songs to use at specific times, and for specific people. Learn how to use spirit link efficiently, and when not to use spirit link.
Wizards - Must know how to precast, what works and what doesn't work.
Sages - Know when to use land protector. Dispell dispell dispell!
Other classes - Do what you want. Just don't be standing there like a rock, or be prepared for some loud and horrifying roars on vent.

When entering an opposing guild's castle, DO NOT first cell. If caught first cell-ing on numerous occasions, we reserve the right to revoke your guild membership without any notice.
After reading all that, and you STILL think you're capable of joining us, drop by Amatsu and talk to us personally. Look specifically for: GDRAGON, keem, Sulli, TofuCake, Ramen Express.

Good luck.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Tempest

Post by cometodru »

I'd like to add something as well. If you're 100% noob and haven't been tainted by builds floating around the internet. Feel free to join. Just let us know in advanced if this is your situation and prepare for boot camp. If you are currently using an internet built character, but still wish to join, prepare to relearn the game. We do not believe in a one build does all scenario, nor is any one skill better than another, and nobody in the guild is allowed to run the same builds or even equipment.

Even if you can't WoE, apply. No lie! But you still need to find a way to pull your weight. We'll think of ways.... trust.

Just a heads up, many of our core players do not use atypical builds you would normally encounter. Telling us that we need to change builds is a really fast way to get kicked out as well. Don't come with your cup half full. We're always learning from each other and testing out random ideas. We build with the idea of working as a unit. If you want to be a solo-kinda person, this is not the guild for you.