Missing DEX ;;

Find any advantageous bugs someone probably didn't want you to find? Tell us. This is designated for in-game issues.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Missing DEX ;;

Post by Clandestine »

Hello. I used the Hat Synthesizer on my Green Fashionable Sunglasses and +4 Apple of Archer. The +3 DEX was added and is shown in these two screens below (all is normal so far).

Image Image

Now here is the problem. When I use the skill Improve Concentration while wearing the synthesized +4 Fashionable Sunglasses my DEX is 99+40. When I wear a normal Apple of Archer and use Improve concentration my DEX is 99+41 :C

Image Image

Don't laugh at my crap equips plz omglol.
Junko
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Missing DEX ;;

Post by Junko »

I mentioned this to Koma before. It's because the AoA is now regarded as a Card inside the Headgear, so IC doesn't use it to calc the bonus.
Increases DEX and AGI of the casting character by (2+1*SkillLV)%. Only affects DEX/AGI from base stat, job bonus, armor and Owl's Eye. Does not include cards. Detects hidden and cloaked characters within a 3 cells range.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Thank you for the reply. Is there any possibility of it being changed so it's not counted as a card? Cause that's like.. Kinda lame. D:
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This requires an overhaul of a lot of the item database to handle our synthesis systems, but has been on the backburner for some time now in order for upper priority issues to be taken care of. I'm not saying that this won't be done though. This will most likely go in when the overhaul regarding job limitations go in as well (such as providing stats for jobs that normally can't equip certain hats such as Wizard Hat).

As it stands right now, the Hat Synthesis system requires the following:
  • Implementation of Lower and Middle Headgears
  • Consideration for Headgear Stats of Hats Like Wizard Hat which are job-specific
  • A fix for the mentioned issue here regarding items not recognizing hats after they have been synthesized
  • Interaction review with the Card Deleter
The reasoning behind the first item not being taken care of is the issue with combo headgears such as middle+upper+lower which need to be decided on how they can synth, if at all. Regarding the other two, whereas in their current state, items simply check if something is equipped and checking if you're a certain job to equip items, synthesis overrides both as the final product is not considered the old time in that sense. To items looking for a certain equipped gear, they only see the synthesized hat.

These are the known issues and we apologize for any inconvenience regarding this server feature.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

/lv Koma
Thank you for the reply. I'll try to be less whiney now that I know it's being worked on. <:
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Actually, I may be wrong. I was thinking of something else when I replied: combo equipment. Junko was more on the spot about it. This has to do with the skill IC and not the "isequipped" checks which should be working properly.

I should be able to get the source to workaround this though. I was going to fix this for tonight's update but then realized that I was looking in the wrong place.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

uhhh just to clarify:
Attention Concentrate DOES add the
dex and agi percentages obtained from cards.
It's the main reason why Zerom cards are so good.
If you don't believe me, put on 2 Nimble Gloves.
This should add 8 dex theoretically,
but depending on how much you
already have it'll add an additional 1 or 2.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

It says right in the skill description that it doesn't include cards; I think you're a liarrr. ;>
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I think I'm always right.
The skill description is a lie.
Just like that cake.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Close thread pls