Customs bypass requirements

Find any advantageous bugs someone probably didn't want you to find? Tell us. This is designated for in-game issues.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Customs bypass requirements

Post by Elnendil »

I have a +4 Aria Black Cutie Bandana and a Gemmed Sallet. The original hat inside of the Cutie Bandana is the same hat, a Gemmed Sallet.

Gemmed Sallet can only be worn by: Swordsman, Merchants, Thieves.

Cutie Bandana can be worn by everyone.

My mage can wear the Cutie Bandana and get the bonuses of a hat he couldn't wear before, because of his class.

This should be fixed to remove any sort of abuse.

EDIT: Why do I keep saying +7? Jesus.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Customs bypass requirements

Post by Koma »

This is actually a known bug that has been questioned since the synthesis implementation. I believe there are topics concerning it, but rather than suggest wasting time using Search, it's better if I answer it fresh.

Items such as Wizard Hat and such were marked for a later update in which we'd disable the effects if the class requirements weren't met. These modifications were going to be done via an if-then check for the script enforcing the class check.

Ultimately, it was decided to correct these on a case-by-case report basis similar to the fixes that have been done regarding specific combos such as that which has been done for the Magni set. As for the reported items in this thread though, they are queued for correction with this week's maintenance.