BABY JOB CHANGE BUG! +(

Find any advantageous bugs someone probably didn't want you to find? Tell us. This is designated for in-game issues.
Orange
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

BABY JOB CHANGE BUG! +(

Post by Orange »

hello guys!! /!

today i decided to make a baby character... /awsm
and i want it to be a GUNSLINGER... /heh
so i clicked the options, yea! ive become a baby, but when i choose "Gunslinger" NOTHING happens....luckily that time there is no GM ONLINE... so i wait and wait and wait and wait and wait..... i waited so long i decide to create this report.... can you PLEASE Fix It up?.. i really want a baby gunslinger but the NPC doesnt say anything, the window automatically disappears...

ASAP 2010! xD

thank you!! /$
"I Like The Way You Smile Lil' Riding Hood"
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BABY JOB CHANGE BUG! +(

Post by Koma »

There's no such thing as an official baby Gunslinger although they do exist as customs built into eAthena:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1638&start=40#p6535

They were also somewhat deemed unfit for the Baby WoE due to their unofficial state since they would also eliminate the "classic WoE" approach. Chances are they could still be implemented, however, they may not be accepted in the Baby WoE arrangement. Of course, I'm not saying anything absolutely here but just reiterating the comments provided in the past regarding this.

PS: Usually it's better to send an @request rather than doing an @whogm (which even the @whogm command recommends when no one is on) as I see no record of an @request. All @requests are logged by the server (Amistr core modification) and monitored by staff (internal tools) -- and in cases such as this regarding a "bug report", they are treated as "work items" and therefore usually require a detailed assessment posted on the forums regarding them. Even if a GM was on to discuss, it is still necessary for the bug to be filed, because chances are, they will never reach development without the official record and/or will never be given credit where due. That and a lot of the bug reports need a lot of clarification that are hard to do in a simply message. ^^ Do note the response time in this instance as well (which is still late by my standards).

Not to be rude or anything, just throwing it out there since it's a little bit necessary that this clarification is posted -- since quite a few of the @requests we've been receiving have even been ignoring the "don't just @request 'r u there'" message as well; and it may be an unfamiliar approach as not many other servers do this either (although some use other script techniques).

Thank you though and I appreciate that you took the time to make the post. =)
Orange
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: BABY JOB CHANGE BUG! +(

Post by Orange »

/! thank you GM! Now i understand... xD /heh
"I Like The Way You Smile Lil' Riding Hood"