May Does Art Too...Sort of

Your own drawings and designs. Make a name for yourself.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

May Does Art Too...Sort of

Post by MayChan »

Uhhh, I usually draw a lot back then on paper and pencil, but then I moved to Chibis and computer art I guess you can say? My Chibis aren't that great, cause I suck at drawing and I don't have a tablet so I do it all by mouse and tools x.x. I'm trying to get into more coloring and details :3. Oh Btw most of these drawings was drawn of avatars on Gaia, because I did commissions >.<. Enjoy?

First Of The First; Paper and Pencil Old Drawings:

I drew these in school when very very bored:

It was suppose to be my girl whitesmith back the. I'm not very good with angles when it comes to drawing....

And this was suppose to be my Assassin Cross back in gRO after all the wipes and crap. Lookie Choco Bunnie Ears!

Okay now to my digital art? I think?:

Commissions I Did:

This is the first out of the few chibis I did for commissions that I really liked.

After the first was this one, which was a commission with no color or shading. I was proud because the curls are fcking annoying when it comes to using a mouse.

I Entered a couple contest drawing and won with this drawing, I was kind of pissed off because I messed up the feet if you can see.

Another commission drawing that I kind of liked a lot more then others I have done.

At this time I wanted to experiment with new kind of shapes of chibis and how to do cell shading which was hard for me.

BOOM HeadShots:

This is actually the avatar of my friends "Billy" On gaia when he went through hard weeks of working to get his nitemare scarf! So I drew him a headshot with his scarf.

I drew this for some person I was talking to on gaia who inspired me to draw again.

Eyes:

These are only eye drawings and colors, at the time I was trying to be more detail and in depth with the eyes :3

Green eyes which I liked a lot cause my birthday is May and my thingy is Emerald =D which is green!

Then I learned how to change colors of things so without having to redraw or anything. So I made the eyes red!

THEN Got bored and learned how to or at least try to make the green eyes animated.
PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Re: May Does Art Too...Sort of

Post by PerfectDeath »

Do you use vectors to draw your lines?
CheckPoint: "Die Fould Creature"
Healstrom: "What makes you think its foul?"
CheckPoint: "Its Black."
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I'm not sure what a vector issss.....On gimp I use the curve line tool? I haven't been on gimp for like a month now cause I'm not on my computer, so I forgot what the tools I used are called, lol.
PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Post by PerfectDeath »

In photoshop vectors are made through the box, circle, and pen tools. Your "curve line tool" is probably some sort of pen tool. Basically vectors are easy to manipulate because they fill colour not through pixels but within vectors.

Cell shading and animation usually use vectors.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

Maybe thats why my cell shading looks crappy! XD
PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Post by PerfectDeath »

well, vectors are limited, for instance, you cannot have that "blending" look and some shaped are hard to imitate with vectors.

Their main advantage is you can adjust size without creating that square "pixel-y" look.

I still use raster style of work over vector (raster being that pixel-y look) cause I learned to do CGI from making sprites.
Kyyrin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kyyrin »

KYYRIN STILL LIKES MAYS COLORING. -shot-

Shiny eyes May. Shinyyyyyyy.