Haelstrom vs Wii.

Talk about your other favorite games like Barbie Adventures.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Haelstrom vs Wii.

Post by Haelstrom »

As another thread states, my computer is currently boned (actually getting a diagnostic ran on it today, hopefully it'll be fixed next few days.) So until I have that done with, I've been forced to utilize my little cousin's Nintendo Wii with our surpremely badass WiFi connection and my USB keyboard.

Immedietely, I was saddened when I realized it would read the USB mouse, give power to the USB mouse.. but not use it. You have to use that damned WiiMote that's so sensitive it makes clicking one link a chore. And the thing has virtually no battery life for extended use, rhrghghghr.

So, after I e-mail my instructors, telling them what's happening and that basically, my final project(s) are screwed until I get this sorted out (pleaaaase don't be my mobo screwing up, let it be the power supply blew up since those're cheap to replace), I sighed. Went to exercise for a few hours. That grew boring. Cleaned. That got boring. Not a lot to do around here for recreational time.

Meanwhile, my computer, which had over 75,000 games and counting, was sitting there lifeless. No shiny blue glow. I began to realize how dependent I had became on it - before, I needed to pass 20 minutes, I played the Super Nintendo. No more. Before, I needed to get a number, Google and presto. Now I had to go through that archaic "Yellow Book" theory. Before, I needed a map-oh damn it you get the idea, losing it had me realize how super awesome it is.

Still, I finally got back on the WiiNet, harassed these forums for a few minutes, and then.. looked around.

I find out that as usual, Nintendo hates its user-base or something. No javascript? It could be an option defaulted to no instead of a flat-out "JAVASCRIPT IS EVIL!" - that means submitting what few written assignments I have online (no ride) impossible too. Great.
Oh well, thought I, at least I can entertain myself. To YouTube!.. wait, no, you have to use "YouTube XL" on Wii for it to work half-decent, and that makes the videos stop loading and in general screw themselves over even more often than REGULAR YouTube poor service. Still, passed the time the other night, got my cousins to watch JJBATAS. That was funny.

Alright, games. Can't play my 360 [reasons I won't go into], and the Wii's not mine to play on -that- freely, so I wanted something to just.. screw around on.

Nintendo: FLASH 8 AND 9? WE GOT 7. :D

Any website with bad flash games, even Newgrounds - completely useless. Any site with images in overlay frames, completely useless. A lot of video-sites besides YouTube, useless. ARAHGHGBLE

Then, the zoom. You use the A button to left click, and the B trigger is like scroll, with - and + being zoom. Problem is, everything's wonky colors or at a weird non-exact size constantly, and that mixed with the aforementioned problems makes many websites seem bizarre if they're functional.

At least I can use Meebo to contact people. As wanker.. as that is.

Damn it Nintendo, just damn it.

I'm gonna go do jumping-jacks and scare my cat for a bit until I go help with the groceries around here and get the PC looked at finally (can't go out otherwise, raining like a mofo' in heruh), but just remember: Nintendo.. Wii.

Always Nintendo, do you go "here ya go, sumthin' neato! :D now to screw it over somehow, HNGGG" - it's good they finally got over their internet paranoia and actually have a browser to utilize, although I'd love anything but Opera. But they didn't have to gut it. Ghggngn. You can't even drag-select.

You can't.. drag-select.

YOU CAN'T DRAG SELECCCTTggGGggggg
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Haelstrom vs Wii.

Post by Dowe »

I guess that's one good point about never chucking computers out. We have 3 laptops of varying age, 2 desktops of varying age. If my laptops goes down, I could probably find another computer to use (although I could probably fix it pretty quickly since there are like 3-4 computer shops around my place if I need to replace anything).

/fist
/right
Kyyrin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Haelstrom vs Wii.

Post by Kyyrin »

You see Omi, I feel your pain with the Wii.

After not having the internet for some 3+ years now, I have come to use the thing Nintendo calls the Wii for internet every so often.

And that is when I found out about it's fail.
We got used to it though, I use it with my USB Keyboard sometimes myself when I need to check something important.

I wish you luck on your computer. XD