Patch error!

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Masterpiece
Poring
Poring

Patch error!

Post by Masterpiece »

hello everybody,

I have a huge problem. I can't log in to the server. After i have patched the last patch an error occures....this is why i can't get to the login screen. The error is : Failed to move file (amistr.grf) to original path, temporary name is bandaids\bandaids.grf

That sucks ..lol.
I hope I will get a fast response! /cry
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Patch error!

Post by Koma »

If you are in Vista/7, you will need to run the patch client with elevated permissions. This can be done by holding SHIFT+CTRL while executing it via the shortcut, or right-clicking the program/shortcut and clicking "Run as Administrator".

This is usually caused by a chosen installation path of Amistr or RO files to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder, which only allows certain elevated users to write to it due to Windows security.

If this is not the case, it is sometimes caused by lack of disk space or files somehow set as read-only (such as those copied from other media), but this is very rare as well. Let me know if neither of this helps solve the problem and I'll check into if there's a patching issue or providing an updated small client.
Masterpiece
Poring
Poring

Re: Patch error!

Post by Masterpiece »

Yeah! thank you administrator..you are awesome ;) /heh