Failed to connect to server

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Praesul
Poring
Poring

Failed to connect to server

Post by Praesul »

My friend is trying to connect to Amistr, she download haelstrom's client package, and is fully patched.

She has a firewall and av, but she's disabled both just to test things out....

And everytime she runs RO, she tries logging in, and she gets a "failed to connect to server" error. She doesn't even get to the server select screen (fleece or wool)

She's also tried running the regular amistRO.exe and it doesn't work either.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. /cry
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Failed to connect to server

Post by Koma »

Just so we're on the same page, there was no moving of any files after Haelstrom's full client install was done, correct?

It's generally not a positive idea to install and then move around the files since there are a few files which may be overlooked when doing so -- which usually tends to cause this problem.

If this is not the case, can you get her to PM me on the forums after having tried to login? She may be hitting an IP ban that was set long ago -- which isn't her fault, but rather a case of bad luck that we'll need to correct.
Praesul
Poring
Poring

Post by Praesul »

As far as I know, she just extracted everything and tossed it into a folder (making sure it wasn't in program files, she's using vista.) I'll ask her to PM you though.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

If that was how it was installed, that's most likely the problem. Installing directly to where she wants to install it should correct the problem. If not, then it's most likely the other thing I mentioned (an IP ban from another troublemaking user). Hopefully this helps and sorry if there was any confusion involved.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Resolved on IRC.