Headache

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Sarin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Headache

Post by Sarin »

headache wrote:Lol.. look yeh i cant be bovered argueing with this non sense. This is my first warning and im not going to do it again if thats what you want.. I ask for a simple BUFF and your making a big deal out of it. Please get a life =.=!
Asking for buffs is allright, but you have no right to DEMAND them. Priest does not have to buff you, it's his choice. And if you demand them by annoying him and messing in their SW setup, you're just acting like a spoiled brat.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

As Rephikul said, this is more a respect / stupidity rule issue. It applies both ways to both sides here actually depending on the full conversation and what really happened.

The deal with Headache obstructing the MVP though is borderline legitimate (I say borderline since his actions in the original post don't show him mob dropping or anything) -- however, the claim that KSing is allowed on that map is incorrect (it only applies to certain monsters where KSing isn't KSing anyways). As Sarin put it, to demand the buffs is wrong too -- and very disrespectful.

However, Headache did say "pls (please)" as annoying as that is for some people and we can't tell from the logs or screenshots whether that was done politely at first to begin with. The first lines I can read from that conversation are simply "Dude" "dont disturb us" which can also be taken as rudeness if any random person were to look this over quickly.

One may end up asking the question as well: why not just buff the guy to get him to go away already? Sometimes, it's just a nice, friendly thing to do anyways. As spinz08 also put it, putting the SW on the other player resolves this issue as well -- it may be tricky, but at least he won't get in and give up eventually..

In short, please ask for things nicely and don't be forceful about it. Both sides here were asking for something in a way both sides may have taken offensive from what we can see here. One point though that is questionable is the "coming back to ask for more buffs 3 more times" and how it was resolved in the end.

Without further details though, I cannot "take a side". It seems that this was resolved anyways considering that the reporter killed the MVP afterwards and Headache has already stated, "This is my first warning and im not going to do it again if thats what you want". Considering that Headache already considers it a warning, Headache should know that if it happens again, punishment will be more severe.

I'll just give these recommendation for now until we have further information and input from the rest of staff (as I still have yet to talk about them as well -- so pretty much this post should be considered my response and not the server's response):

Headache: Don't demand things from people. Sure, we hope that all players can be nice enough to buff anyone that needs it, but that's just not reasonable considering SP is used for other things. Buffs shouldn't be a necessity either. You shouldn't be so disrespectful to players either by getting in their way doing things. Excessive behavior in this way is subject to us making a larger deal about it.
Resolve: Was there no other way to deal with this situation? And was it really necessary to take things to such extents? I know a lot of players really dislike the "pls buff" stuff and it carries over from a large amount of experience with people be annoying about it, but sometimes, just being nice and letting things go also helps and goes a long way with players' opinion of the environment too.
headache
Poring
Poring

Post by headache »

Your action to this case was very appreciated GM Koma. I would like to take this opportunity to say a warm hearted Thank You.. CASE CLOSE !
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

I get what you mean Koma but there are a few complicating circumstances.

1. As you can see, TheBeauty [the priest] said in chat to let Headache step on the next Safety Wall. This implies that hes been pestering us consistently enough for us to be forced to find a way to get rid of him.

2. Nice-ness on my part cannot be expected. If it has come to that point where I say "Do not disturb us" then it means that my patience has already been stretched to its limits. You know that I am a very helpful and friendly player Koma, and I wont be ticked off just like that.

3. So why did I just put 2 screenshots? Why do I have ONLY 2 Shots? Because when was doing it earlier, I did not bother to SS because I never got itll go THAT bad.

4. He said please, thats true, but only after stepping on about 6 Safety Walls that we put up. Because of what he did, we werent able to kill another MiniValk because we ran out of gems. "Please" in this case is a sign of either outright sarcasm, blatant stupidity, or unbelievable obliviousness.

5. The point here Koma is, I am a pretty well-known player in the server, and I have often gone out my way to help other people start out. I am not known to be someone with very little patience. Now here I am going hard-line on someonem, what does that mean?

This has never been an issue on KS-ing. This is about people respecting other people. Anyone in his right mind will have sense enough not to tinker with somebody else's business. He has been stepping on our safety walls for some time. Would saying "Please" still be counted as respectfully asking for a favor, or a downright mockery?

"why not just buff the guy to get him to go away already? Sometimes, it's just a nice, friendly thing to do anyways."

Seriously, after all that? I dont know. You decide.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
headache
Poring
Poring

Post by headache »

Thats why you dont take everything very seriously =P.. Be friendly perhaps?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Understood, however he has already taken the first warning and states that he will not do this again.

If he does, he knows something else will happen.

And while I understand you and such, I will not hold that as part of a deciding factor in this decision: I have no intention of playing favorites when it comes to this "Report Lusers" forum or any other form.

Headache: Quit instigating as well. I just saw that reply so I'm closing this.