Public Developement / Artwork

For login and loading screens, client and patcher skins, banners, and other graphical contributions.
Forum rules
Rule #1: Be respectful. It's common sense. You wouldn't like me breaking your arms off, would you?
Rule #2: No offensive material. This is related to our first rule, but if you didn't get the picture, here it is.
Rule #3: All contributions must pass general public inspections as well as staff inspections before being implemented. This is in regards to quality and bug control.
Rule #4: No excessively large files. We won't implement something that will take days to download for our dial-up players.
Rule #5: Accept constructive criticism (also see rule #1 in regards to giving criticism). This may seem blunt, but some people just might not like your work.
Rule #6: No excessive customs. This is in regards to the Scripts and Architecture forums. They may NOT interfere with actual gameplay more than needed. If you want to create a story where you show items, fine. But nothing rewarding besides the experience (not experience points) and fun--which are more than just rewards.
Rule #7: Follow the Forum Rules. Of course these forums fall under those also.
Rule #8: Don't support breaking the In-Game Rules. Yes, no advertising or promoting the ignorance of those either.

By contributing and posting in these forums, you agree to abide by these rules. Any form of circumvention or breaking of these rules is subject to immediate post or thread deletion at a moderator's discretion. Excessive refusal to follow these guidelines may lead to termination of your forums account.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Public Developement / Artwork

Post by Peroxide »

My second suggestion for today, sorry y'all. O_o Has nothing to do with anything in game and probably really only applies to me.

Would it be possible to put up a sticky in the Public Developement / Artwork sub-forum that states the necessary file sizes for each of the things you are allowing players to make? I'm not 100% sure on all of them and don't want to work on something that'll be the wrong size. But I -do- want to make some sexy skins for the forums.

Things that are helpful...
- The actual dimensions of the graphics needed for each.
- The appropriate file size.
- The appropriate file extension needed for each.

So I need these for... login and loading screens, client and patcher skins, and banners.

It might also be a good idea to let us know what dimensions/extentions/sizes are used on each of the rating sites so that banners can correspond with eachother in some way shape or forum.

I'm sure y'all are busy so take your time. & if you don't know where to start, let me know because I know what questions to ask.. sometimes just easier that way.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Public Developement / Artwork

Post by Koma »

I really need to get around to writing up more tutorials and details on how to do more stuff for the server -- that would be one thing on my task list among the new client, Safe Refine NPC, Card Deleter, and Base Deleveler (for those that don't like 99...).

For starters, the loading screens are generally 1024x768 in size -- but they can be any size IIRC. We do want to keep the amount of file space used by them lower though, so please try to keep it to a minimum. These are stored in JPEG format.

Login screens are a bit more strict: 1024x768 BMP. While I haven't mentioned color depth, we can convert them as necessary. Our current login screens are 24-bit for example. We currently have 4 in our client, but they are not being rotated through randomly as they should be yet.

Regarding the forums, any phpBB3.x template/style/skin should work as a base. We would need to add our back-end coding though regarding a few things (image resizing and such).

Banners 468x60 for general use but larger and smaller are still accepted. as for file types .gif if animated of course, and as for regular ones, PNG, PSD, Jpg, and Bmp are accepted.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

Thanks.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Moved since this is more visible in the Artwork area for anyone considering to do this. /no1