Dowe's RO Maps

For player-built maps and personalized palettes. Possibly even spriting and music additions.
Forum rules
Rule #1: Be respectful. It's common sense. You wouldn't like me breaking your arms off, would you?
Rule #2: No offensive material. This is related to our first rule, but if you didn't get the picture, here it is.
Rule #3: All contributions must pass general public inspections as well as staff inspections before being implemented. This is in regards to quality and bug control.
Rule #4: No excessively large files. We won't implement something that will take days to download for our dial-up players.
Rule #5: Accept constructive criticism (also see rule #1 in regards to giving criticism). This may seem blunt, but some people just might not like your work.
Rule #6: No excessive customs. This is in regards to the Scripts and Architecture forums. They may NOT interfere with actual gameplay more than needed. If you want to create a story where you show items, fine. But nothing rewarding besides the experience (not experience points) and fun--which are more than just rewards.
Rule #7: Follow the Forum Rules. Of course these forums fall under those also.
Rule #8: Don't support breaking the In-Game Rules. Yes, no advertising or promoting the ignorance of those either.

By contributing and posting in these forums, you agree to abide by these rules. Any form of circumvention or breaking of these rules is subject to immediate post or thread deletion at a moderator's discretion. Excessive refusal to follow these guidelines may lead to termination of your forums account.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Dowe's RO Maps

Post by Dowe »

I Need:
  • Map ideas. The more detailed the better (down to the floor texture, object placements such as boxes and wardrobes, map geography, theme, etc).
  • Map requests. I'm not awfully great but if i like the idea then I might have a go at it.
  • Drawing, pictures, mini-maps, etc would all help with designing the maps.
Ok, well in short I VERY recently got into map designing. After a while I feel I grasped the basic skills to create a map and made these:

Map is currently untested in-game.

To Do List:
  • Add more objects on the boat decks as obstacles to make this a possible PVP map.
  • Make the land section larger and considerably more detailed, possibly as a coastline with cliffs.
  • (Optional) Add a town to the land area and/or lower deck maps to the boats.
  • Improve lighting. I want the boats to be more illuminated then the rest of the map, rather then a general global lighting like it is currently.

This was designed for a dice event with all 6 numbers (as opposed to the current 1-4). I might be making more specialized event or mini-game maps for the rest of the map.

Map is currently untested in-game.

To Do List:
  • Possibly increase the platform sizes in the dice section.
  • Add additional mini-game maps.

Although these maps look simple, I can design much more complex maps. The problem is I don't have the ideas or themes in which to base the map upon.
Last edited by Dowe on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
/right
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Dowe's RO Maps

Post by Dowe »

Update: Added quiz_03 map.
/right
.Hazel
Drops
Drops

Post by .Hazel »

It's very nice. I like it. I have this feeling I would roll 5 and 6 a lot though.
Yanos
Poring
Poring

Post by Yanos »

For the dice map, got a suggestion, take the idea of the actual map used, and to the platform, make them not feel like floating but add actual floor, meaning changing the black to something like make it feel... elevated from the grown, mountain top cut flat, inside a big room with rivers, a "WTF" funny thing background, by this I mean, just change the black and it would feel a better room.

For the pirat... it looks nice alredy, so small details, in my opinion, imcreasing a lil more the area to walk, adding a cross on floor, u knwo the thing "The X marks the spot" cross thing would looks nice too
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

It can certainly be done if I ever get back into mapping. /heh But yeah, I might make one based upon a town theme or area or something.
/right