Celestial Being.

For those that want people to know they're leaving.. for some reason.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Celestial Being.

Post by cometodru »

It seems like RO is like business for you MayChan. When it goes south, you opt out by going on "hiatus" until things look a bit better. From what I was told and understood from a few people, it wasn't a simple matter of, "It's time for me to take a break." for you. It was slightly more /wrist. At least be honest, this innocence act really doesn't work for you. You said you have fun, but it doesn't seem like it from your post. Fun is what many others on this server do. We talk, have utter and complete wipe outs in the higher tiered dungeons because we think chatting is more important than fighting, choose not to hunt things until the last minute, and overall not be a weenie. Try it sometime. Then things may become more enjoyable for you.

I'd also appreciate it if you just don't bother using the "I don't know you well enough" line. I've heard you time and time again on vent /wrist at a joke or comment. Learn to take it like a real woman. Because Miss Diva Thang, I've heard you throw out a few lines of your own as well.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

cometodru wrote:It seems like RO is like business for you MayChan. When it goes south, you opt out by going on "hiatus" until things look a bit better. From what I was told and understood from a few people, it wasn't a simple matter of, "It's time for me to take a break." for you. It was slightly more /wrist. At least be honest, this innocence act really doesn't work for you. You said you have fun, but it doesn't seem like it from your post. Fun is what many others on this server do. We talk, have utter and complete wipe outs in the higher tiered dungeons because we think chatting is more important than fighting, choose not to hunt things until the last minute, and overall not be a weenie. Try it sometime. Then things may become more enjoyable for you.

I'd also appreciate it if you just don't bother using the "I don't know you well enough" line. I've heard you time and time again on vent /wrist at a joke or comment. Learn to take it like a real woman. Because Miss Diva Thang, I've heard you throw out a few lines of your own as well.
Being one of the very small few that are taking a break, and probably the reason why May is taking one too. Allow me to give you the REAL reason why we are taking one.

A. Like May had said, Been playing the game for several months. And RO, for me personally, Is not the type of game that i can play for months or even years on end.
B. Being in CB, a guild that has high standards for the players like me in it. I was always doing things for the guild, and other guild members without wanting a single thing back. How ever I could not do that so much cause of me next reason.
C. Being one of the two creators in the guild. AND, seeings how the other could not play all that much cause of work hours, I was farming AD not just for myself. But for him as well. Thankfully May was grateful to help me. Not an entirely hard task. Just it got the point to where ever little bit of free time I had off work. Was spent farming.

I will jump around still in WoE with just my Assassin Cross. Either it be in CB, or just as a solo. I just want to be able to spend more time talking with my girlfriend then playing RO.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I'm not even going to respond to your post, May, because my throat's dry and I don't think I can work up enough flem and saliva to give it another hearty go right now. But SCYTHE-iz, to your final point: I think this wouldnt've been an issue had it ever been.. you know.. brought up.

I knew we were behind on mats fairly often, but I wasn't aware it was to a point you felt like your entire day was farming, much less to a point you'd "leave" partially or fully. That's part of my problem really: the lack of communication. Had I been told "you know, this is starting to be a drudge and it destroys my free-time," I'd been helping you actively instead of tossing you a few mats here and there - I'm sure others feel the same way. Instead of it ever being addressed though, this wanker goes down.

We talked about it briefly the other day maen, but long as you're around rather than soft-quitting, I don't care if you play your SinX, your Creator, or some super badass MVP card Perma Novice. But Dru has a good point: you guys make it sound like it's some job you hate showing up for. Me, I find ways to make it enjoyable, and I don't think that's "unusual" of me, I think that's kinda how you should approach life much less.. you know.. a game.

If a bulk of the problem was hunting / farming, I don't like saying it, but you guys kinda brought that on yourselves. Appreciate it to this day, but me, I have a problem, I bring it up in blunt words and try getting a resolution. Hell, I temp-ragequit until things were resolved, which may be bad but hey, it's worked before and I'm still around / enjoying the game and enjoying the guild. Can't say the same for a few others, can we?

I don't give subtle little hints I'm disliking something then let it bog me down when it doesn't work out well. You wanted people to help farm which would've cut your time doing so down dramatically, you should've insisted on it and for that matter, used the (now dead) forums no one touched to organize times for it. Instead, you respectfully balls of steeled it until it apparently frustrated you enough you needed a leave. Simply saying: it's something to munch on.

To a few others who've left, I'm hoping it wasn't over WoE loss for your own sake because that'd be really pathetic and I would be earnestly very disappointed in you. But I cite up the same point: yeah, I've gotten frustrated over things on Amistr.

-Not being able to BG for months.
-My BG body armor breaking first Hidden Enchant attempt.
-Paper Bag Hat going to some wanker who never plays.

.. but I'm not really frustrated about those things. Probably the only thing that's ever truly frustrated me on Amistr, is that the guild I like the most feels so dissected it's like broken glass, that really has bugged me. But know why I don't ultimately say "screw yew CB" despite being advised by about 9 different people every other week to make my own (serious) guild? Because I have faith we can work together and enjoy the game, and I've been rewarded for that many times, so I'm gonna make it work. Also because I'm not a communist.

Oh, 'nother thing that frustrates is May saying the word "confuzzled" on Vent. Makes me want to kick newborn kittens. I like kittens, guys. They're cute and cuddly. And I go NFL style on them. That's not cool.

On an unrelated note, man I need to organize an Endless Tower run for CB. We'll fail hardcore, but it'll be fun. Last one I did was a PUG with a member of Gray Haven and randoms, we wiped once and the guy screwed us over, rage-left which broke the party and there I was wanting to go in with that character but couldn't fer' a bit. I was like "..ahw."
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Sythis wrote: B. Being in CB, a guild that has high standards for the players like me in it. I was always doing things for the guild, and other guild members without wanting a single thing back. How ever I could not do that so much cause of me next reason.
C. Being one of the two creators in the guild. AND, seeings how the other could not play all that much cause of work hours, I was farming AD not just for myself. But for him as well. Thankfully May was grateful to help me. Not an entirely hard task. Just it got the point to where ever little bit of free time I had off work. Was spent farming.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that expected of guilds? I'm not sure how things work in CB, but we often help each other without asking anything in return. Do we get frustrated? Of course not, because it helps us as a whole. Its not like "Dude, I just hunted that stuff for you. So you gotta do this and this in return because I hate doing stuff for you for free all the time." That's basically the impression I'm getting from that post. Even though you said you did it without asking a single thing in return, the thing is, it apparently pissed you off to the point where you decided to ditch your guild to take a break at such short notice (I'm assuming).

If your reason for taking a break was entirely because you want to spend more time with your girlfriend, then I have nothing to say except good luck with your future endeavors. But you made it seem like you were just tired of hunting mats, which was entirely your choice I might add. Apparently your "high standards" doesn't seem to include patience. Anyway, nice playing with you. You were the strongest sinx on the server I've had to deal with.
Haelstrom wrote:Oh, 'nother thing that frustrates is May saying the word "confuzzled" on Vent. Makes me want to kick newborn kittens. I like kittens, guys. They're cute and cuddly. And I go NFL style on them. That's not cool.
This made my day. I think I'm going to ace my midterm this evening after reading this.
Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

Go ahead and flame me for whatever I'm about to post, I just want to state my opinion while it doesn't matter. As I've said before in other posts, I'm not trying to offend. In fact, I've tried in every one of my very few posts on this forum not to offend people. I don't know why I have.

Silly May, you should have left without saying goodbye. Then you'd be acceptable. But I admire you for stirring up drama without even intending to.. How do you do it?

For one, I don't think CB had high standards. I could have ran around with 1 dex and double strafed until I died for the entire WoE and nobody would have asked what I was doing. In fact, coming from a strict and very organized WoE guild, I've seen lots and lots of things that someone with "high standards" would have never permitted. Not that it's bad, just that we weren't really a hardcore WoE guild, despite what people think..

Sythis was one of the best (and nicest) players in our guild, and it's not true that he's never gotten anything from the guild.. At least, I've given him plenty stuff, and I remember the guild farming him the starsands that got him to the top of the alchemist rankings. I don't know about anyone else. I'm pretty sure he's tired of playing RO full WoE-mode because with the way our guild worked, he felt obligated to and now he's going to honeymoon with May. That's probably what he's doing, if I know him at all.

Kelly, not all of us can wring as much fun out of a game as you can.

I found WoE with CB very fun, and the only event on the server I could really make because it was on a weekend and school sucks. Most of you don't know me but I don't really have anyone to play with now that May's leaving and most of the people I want to play with aren't on when I'm on. So I guess as an ending to this post I'm saying that I, like May, am taking a "hiatus" as

And please don't make fun of May as she's leaving. I know you really don't like her, Haelstrom, but you really don't need to "spit" at her just because you can. You can make fun of me (and I know you will) for defending her just because she's my friend, go ahead, but it's kind of stupid and petty that you need to make fun of someone who was very, very dedicated to the guild inside and outside of WoE just because they don't want to play anymore. May was so devoted to Celestial Being, I think she has a right to leave. And whenever she "/wrist" quitted, she was joking. May and I get made fun of equally and it's all in jest. I really hope, dru, that you don't consider when she says "I'm going on strike!" to be serious..

Good luck on your midterm, GDRAGON!
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

I did make my post seem rather pansy like. But one thing i hate doing more so then ever. Is asking for others to help me. I know that is something I should have gotten over considering my situation. Just how I am. People have helped me without asking or the very few times I did ask. Maybe this is something more I should have discussed with the guild then let get to me. xD

And by no means is the main reason I am taking a break is cause people didn't help. Its just time for a break from a few things for me. Don't worry though, I will still woe lightly on my sinx until I am ready to come back heavy on all areas. Enjoy the AD break from one person in out guild xD.

And Fey, you're awesome
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Post by PiraNja »

Man, I celebrate my Mama's B-day one Saturday and this happens?

I'm one of the CB members on Hiatus, too, though ;o
This is due to, first, college stress, second, travel prep and, third, travelling to my boyfriend, but also, fourth, game and server related stuff that wouldn't make me quit but that I need to take off time from. A

I completely understand anyone taking a hiatus after a bit over RO overdose or being a little burnt out. Hell, last time that happened to me I took a break from it for a good three years ;D
I think this is something that I can understand happening with most MMOs, but the good ones usually end up dragging you back.... like I am sure will happen here sooner rather than later.

What I don't understand is people playing MMO1, then going "MMO1 SUCKS! MMO2 IS SO AWESOME!" and then changing their mind after a month going "OH LOL MMO1 IS THE BEST AFTER ALL!", but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Anywas, Good luck and Have fun everyone <3 Tataa~
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Just gonna reply to a few bits here. [Wrings the air.]

@Fey:
Fey wrote:Kelly, not all of us can wring as much fun out of a game as you can..a nd please don't make fun of May as she's leaving. I know you really don't like her, Haelstrom
I don't consider that "wringing fun out," I consider it actually.. enjoying the game. I can go so far as to say I've probably enjoyed Amistr more than a vast majority of CB and even other Amistr players have from my joining date, simply because I make it a point not to get frustrated on certain things others always do. That's not something to single me out for in a negative manner, it's something I wish everyone would learn to do, and they can. My bad I like enjoying how I spend my time, good or bad.

And regarding "making fun of May" or that I "dislike" her: just stop right there. I dislike having to call you out on this, but Fey, you've absolutely no idea how I feel about anyone. I don't dislike May at all. I disagree with her pretty strongly in several areas, and have voiced that issue - and yeah, her "I'm kawaii and CONFUZZLED" deal grates my nerves just like my JUSTICE&AMERICA deal grates hers. There's several things I don't see eye to eye with her, but that does not mean I dislike her, or that I'm taking a serious attack at her. Which brings me to:

Fey, you intentionally or no treated other guilds with disrespect, essentially quit many weeks before this, encouraged people on Vent who took players away from Amistr to go play World of Warcraft and Perfect World, and in general incite hostility where there is none prior on a whim. Not even going to debate the above because we both know that is how it has been. I hate to say this, but I'm mildly glad you're departing CB - it will be better for newer players on this server in whole that you don't play. Sorry that I'm being open and blunt about this, but that's how I'm calling it; I hope that you can prove me wrong in the future, and I wish you good luck in your endeavors - but I don't need your reprimand over fabrications you've developed in your head of who I've got a beef with. The likelihood of you taking a hiatus is very low while the likelihood of you permanently quitting to play some foofoo bad Everquest clone with unicorns and mermaids is exponentially high - yet, I still must award you due respect for fighting the good fight against our communist enemies, and with that, I see you off for your service to [Celestial Being].

@Sythis: Again maen, you play at all, that's all I care about. I just dislike as I've said, "the group" disbanding. I don't care what it is that you do, but that you're around and you enjoy it. If you, May, whoever need to take a break - that's cool, I just again wish it was more in the open ahead of time, because issues that got you guys to the point you needed a "break" from a game might not be around if you had. I'm sure you get my point. Day, week, month, hope to see you guys return - because at least you two were honest about your leaving, unlike our other several vacancies.

@PiraNinja: REMEMBER. THERE ARE MANY FIGHTUH LIKE YOU ALL OVER DA WORLD. =P Enjoy your time in the States!
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Fey wrote:I could have ran around with 1 dex and double strafed until I died for the entire WoE and nobody would have asked what I was doing.

Something about this statement seems somewhat.... familiar to me.... I cant quite put my finger on it.

/heh
/right
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I really find it interesting, how everyone (not everyone but some people) take me quitting is, because I take RO as a business? (what?). No, that's completely opposite of why I play RO and Why I quit blah blah blaaah. I love to play RO, because it's fun with friends. I joined this server with friends (Fey<3) and I enjoyed it to the max. This server is like a perfect server and I enjoyed playing it a lot. I always thought of woe was fun, I even leaded a guild in the past that was meant for fun WoE (went wrong in the future though xD). Basically, RO was my fun game and My relief stress from school and family and moving thing. Dru, I honestly think you don't know me well at all or even know me to began with, hell I don't even know who you are. I rarely take any issue with guildies and friends on vent serious, unless I was having a very very very shitty day (which rarely happens). When I go on strikes, it's like a inside joke with the guild, and I'm assuming you're not in the guild, so you wouldn't know.

I don't really feel like going into the discussion about CB and how it worked blah blah blah. I just don't like it when people misunderstand me, and somewhat insult me after that.

Omi...when have I ever said "I'm Kawaii" Really? Please name a time I said "I'm kawaii" If it was a dare it doesn't count. Cause I'm pretty damn sure Fey, Richie, Rosa and almost everyone else can say I never have said that. I say I'm confuzzled cause that's my way of saying I'm confused. Do I mean it in a cute way? if I do my bad? Maybe that's just who I am and how I react. I don't think your Justice and America grates me at all, I actually find it amusing, it's just when you SPAM IT xD is when it grates me.

@Fey: I know what you mean, seems like things happen even if I don't intend it too. Should of taken your advice and just went poof ;O instead I wanted to just let people know instead of being spammed with "WHERE'D YOU GO!?" few days later, when I can be spending time with richie.

Really should say my Farewell - Break :3 I'll visit time to time!