AHHHGGGG.

For those that want people to know they're leaving.. for some reason.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

AHHHGGGG.

Post by Haelstrom »

This could be a few hours, this could be months - but Haelstrom is gone. Why? Not of my choice.

Pretty much, computer was crashing every so often. For this PC, that's always meant enough dust accumulated on its 6 fans that it's overheating and thus, crashing. Sadly, short of compressed air, I have to make due with an alternative: a paint brush of mine. So I took the case into an open, dry area as I usually do, and went to work.

Grounded myself, took all the necessary precautions as I usually do, cleaned out the fans and got as much dust out as possible (I've done this countless times), put the case back together, took it back where I had it and set it up..

Nothing. Won't even power on.

Took it apart again and tried seeing if anything came loose - nothing I can see, and I went over all the cables to make sure.
So.. yeah. Hard to play RO when you don't have a computer. XD I'm lucky my little cousin has a Wii, we have WiFi, and I have a USB keyboard, or I'd been royally screwed on a few things of note.

Anyway, I get this sorted out, I'll be back. Since I'm the only non-pansy CB member however, you can effectively say they're gonna be -completely- MIA for a bit too.
I've paid for my hosting and domain many months ahead of time, so the direct download here'll stay up well beyond my absence, as will the hat thread, etc.

I'll be back to reclaim Gonryun and rebirth CB despite our several cowards who fled. Until then, remember:

"A penny saved is a penny earned." .. unless you found the penny on the ground, in which case it wasn't earned at all, but stolen and you should feel absolutely disgusted about yourself you communist thievin' rapscallian monster. HOWAAHGGG.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Re: AHHHGGGG.

Post by MayChan »

O.o Austin told me about this on vent, did you actually type this all out on the Wii? O.o or do you have a USB keyboard, cause I'd have to give you props for patients on that. I'd get annoyed for typing in that many little paragraphs on a wii controller xD.

I hope your computer gets fixed soon!
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I wondered why I didn't see you around
/right
Georgia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Georgia »

Kel best of luck with that. Honestly after all this drama, my respect for you has gotten higher. Props, hope to see you around soon.
I lol'd ^
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Appreciated all. I'll reply more gangsterfully once I return proper, but you know, Wii.

Just a status update: yesterday, got my desktop over to a place for a diagnostic. What fails is, had to ditch my 360 and its games to get enough money (promptly) I could get said diagnostic plus the repair provided it's not the motherboard. I can get it back, but yeah, HAELSTROM ON A DEAD LINE - ain't got time for this "waiting" garbage.

Today should see my result to the diagnostic, if not tomorrow. Probably today. Provided it's today, depending on the issue (I'm personally going with in order of likelihood: 1. Power supply, 2. Something minor, 3. Mother board AHGGG -AHGGG-uhn), I'll get the general price for what it'll take to get it repaired.

Decent PSU's just $38~50, not a big deal. Motherboards lesser than mine however, over $200 - that will fail hardcore and thus, I hope that's not the case.

Provided all goes well then, I'll be back at my very earliest tomorrow. That's provided the diagnostic's done today, I get a call before 6'o'clock with the deal laid out, and I can get over there before 6PM with mah cashflow in hand and that whatever the issue is warrants under the amount I have now and/or the amount I have now + $70 I can get.

Second I do get back, I'm gonna be in 24-7 school-work hell until I'm caught up, then I'll probably play a few LoL games to relax, then knock out the remainder of my projects and have a few week break I intend to scout for some work around 'ere with.

But, if things go way fail ("Hey sir, seems someone dropped the perverbial douce in your tower, mmkay? Might as well buy a new one, WWWWOOHH-") then.. uh.. damn. Won't be as quick and my GPA's gonna drop from 3.9 to something really wanker.

In the meantime: TomTom the cat is -sleeping- gentlemen. Away.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Aaaaand I approve of this thread being closed. I was right, power supply. Fixed, got more wattage besides, and gangster to go I am.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Bad ass.
You got plenty of awesome things out of the experience.
A new power supply, seemingly new(er) found respect from some commune members,
and no SHITbox360 to worry about anymore.
Sounds like you're good to go :D /fist
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.