Woe 3/06/10

For any First Edition War of Emperium posts.
Zaraki
Poring
Poring

Woe 3/06/10

Post by Zaraki »

one of the best woes yet...we hit 200+ people. Great job everyone.

i only got 2 pics at the end of woe....everyone else post pics because kiana missed it.

Kyyrin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Woe 3/06/10

Post by Kyyrin »

I went on a screenie spree. xD
Pretty intense WoE guys. ;D

And the intense last seconds.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I sadly took no screenshots (was far too busy) - but I can recount the Afternoon/Evening WoEs from my perspective, which is even more just.

[Afternoon WoE]: Half an hour prior to WoE, I had just finished playing Megaman Legends 2 for the Playstation. Due to some communication problems, I had to invite my warper to the guild, get the warper into the castle, walk out of the castle, then memo (damned if I was going to do that "walk" theory) pre-kicking. Rather simplistic on my roles covered: pre-cast, pre-cast support, Haelstrom. So, WoE begins. Mostly saw Showtime and Tempest on the ball. I simply waited until I heard they had a half-decent rush going to actually pre-cast, and until then, spammed the flag in front of castle to get in quick quick quick.

Both of said guilds seemed to enjoy holding Pre-Emp. So I figured I'd have Haelstrom run distraction duty. Didn't even have Preserve on (not that it'd mattered, with Dispel going off everywhere) - I just went through, stripped who wasn't FCP'd, Close Confined people walking towards Emp at bad times, and at one point, merged my sprite with the Kafra and started saying "Would you like to use your storage?" and "I've got blue hair!"

What surprised me was, people actually went after me when they should've been keeping formation and getting ready to enter the Emp. But without body armor (or any -stat'd headgear-, long story that), I wasn't expecting to survive long. So to maintain this pestering, I had to have DIO warp me back in on the spot, and rush on in again and again and again. Can't count how many enemy Acid Demo mats I wasted, how many Asuras went off on me while higher priority targets went by, how many times I'd count off the FCP duration in my head and then go "WEEEE" on someone thinking themselves okay.. finally, someone Flying Side Kicked me, which I gladly Preserved and started really running myself a distraction by just FSK'ing throughout the pre-emp. Left side to right side to north side to left side. It was pretty funny.

Finally, a few big pushes came through, and my Lord of Vermilion spam went to work. 97 F2 clicks later, the bad people fell down, as it were.Then I'd go back to Haelstrom (who I was very surprised was still alive at the in-castle Kafra, though with lower HP), and kept up distraction duty. Finally, WoE was over, and I checked my equips - turns out I not only had no body/headgear, the entire WoE, my shield/garment/footgear was broken. Explained why I wasn't just being killed but being killed really, really fast.

NAKED FIGHTUHHH

Oh, and some Lord Knight killed themselves while attacking me when I had level 1 Counter Instinct on. That was really funny.

[Evening WoE]: Alright, this was a whole different ball game. Our guild leader was gone, one of our main members was only semi-there on a poor connection, another one of our main members were gone, another one of our main members were gone, another of our main members quit not long prior - pretty much, despite having 22 people online, we only had a small chunk actively WoE'ing / ready. And we were on the offensive. Goody.

I left Kefka/Elta in town, along with DIO - 20 minutes until WoE, I realized "Oi. I forgot what castle this is." So I ask if we got warp.

Answer is no. Time's dwindling and no one knows what castle we're supposed to attack.

14 minutes. "..oh come on." I admit, I should've been paying attention myself, but only until recently have I actively been in the rotation, so to speak. So I get told by someone it's Payon WoE. I should've had warning bells and sirens tell me "DEVOUR THEM WHOLE," but what I instead did, was go "Hey, I bet it is Payon WoE, better go check for Tempest castles." And so I did.

Well, someone makes the observation it's Geffen last.. tchtchtch.. 4 minutes. So I get the warp off another warper, quickly get Haelstrom there - and at greatly diminished forces with a majorly defensive guild beside, WoE began.

I found surviving was easier now that I wasn't, you know, naked. Still, I knew I was more fragile than normal, and had to play it accordingly. So in we went. Lot of Tempest, Showtime, and randoms scattered around. Ventrilo was chaos; "YOU KEEP SIGHTING ME" "RHGGG RAHGG RUUUHG ORGANIZATION" while I kept going "Chill out maen, relax. Play it cool." over and over again.

We obtained the castle. I was pleased. I then ask about recalling (remember: our guild leader's not there), to which I am told "well, we don't really NEED recall until later on in WoE.."

After a death and a retaking of the Emp room by others, I stop dead in my tracks. "Nonononno, we need to have recall handy. Lemme do it." So, one of our main members who were kinda on but understandably couldn't do much besides a stationary role at the time tosses me the GL account info, I MC it.. and I say to them, "recapture the Emp room, you guys get recalled."

Which took a while, because the defense was now a little more fleshed out while our offensive was.. well.. not. Not to say we didn't have good offensive characters going in, but we were missing a bulk of our offensive force - it's to be expected it wouldn't go as smoothly. Little over half-way into the WoE, I get the guild leader into the castle with the intent of potentially recalling - but then I see Showtime's making no real front to attack us. So I just spam chat with "Go on in, we cool with it. Don't attack them." Of course, a few on both sides ignored this, but a majority seemed to get the message either way.

We let other guilds spearhead the attack, then ran in, smashed the Emp, then I recalled - and then we got our lovely defense going. However, certainly not the.. largest Emp room, so though we managed to get a half-decent precast going, and an alright trap line - we were still missing a bulk of our force. But damned if we didn't go "NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE" none the less- whilst I kept Crunk by Emperium on the off-chance we'd need another recall, I had Haelstrom right behind the trap line. Sometimes I switched over quick enough to halt someone rushing in, sometimes I didn't. Never got old stripping those silly Lord Knights who Berserk too early though.

I keep hearing in Vent "It's cool, we got this, good job everyone" for a few and I'm like "..Fffff wait, bad premonition." Got one of them Newtype wavy signal thingers.

Well, sure enough, one breaks through our defense, two, three, army flow go with recall wave of doom. All I see are emblems. I don't actually see the Emp, I see emblems. I'm all "ffffff" because if they took it at that point, there's no way we could've reclaimed it. What little of our guild that was left was dying quickly. So - I switched to Crunk while I still had an opportunity, and began recalling.

Unusually, I was.. right by the Emp and no one interrupted me. Either tunnel vision on breaking the Emp, or Crunk's creepy purple Paladin was blending in with his environment. Probably both, but get the recall off, I'm like "ATTACKATACKCKFKAKTKAKCKOFKJFKFFJGGJBLRJGRGRGR" - and I begin trying to pick out the breakers amidst that giant orgy of characters. As usual, in their haste, I encountered no FCP end-WoE- so FD'ing the LKs and Assassin Crosses on Emp wasn't much of a challenge. Then I kept poking any recaller I saw; Carnage's was right by Emp and tried it several times, me and a Sniper just kept poking him. From there, we slowly thinned out their offensive even as it was seconds until WoE was over, with people just flooding across the Emp trying their best to break- aaaaaaaand WoE over. We held.

Overall, very fun WoE because there was absolutely no telling what was going to happen those last seconds. But, that having been said..

IT HAD BETTER NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, CELESTIAL. Or I'll put [Haelstrom Legion] in direct command of you, and whip you into shape.

Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

I should have screenie'd the four or five Tempest people holding my hand as I walked to the emp room. :3 They tried giving me gifts but my yummy aloe leaflets (lol) were enough for me.

I still find it kind of silly that I tanked the whole WoE on aloe leaflets and no SP pots (I love Saphen..), but I'm just glad they're easy to carry. By the way, profs, instead of dispelling my improve concentrate all the time, you should have drained my SP. I also tanked more asuras than I should have but I believe that was Deadly Healer's fault of underestimating my HP when he spammed his grape juice in a hurry to asura ONE MORE WEAK CHARACTER, MMMMMM.

But other than that, I admire Showtime's efforts as they were greatly improved this WoE. They managed to take the castle.. once, was it? Though we only took it twice. And almost took it again from us at the last minute without your ten trillion lord knights and whatever else (I lag in those situations) dying, so I applaud you. Was it just me or did Tempest have less people that time? I advise you to work on your precast because I think you're used to your tactic of throwing GDRAGON in there and hoping your billions of priests or whatever (again, I lag in those situations) break the emp. Not like it's a bad strategy, because it's obviously worked, but we were weak today and had only one breaker. But it was really fun taking a castle this time instead of sitting there on Gypsy's Kiss duty.

P.S. Organization Whatever, get an emblem, please. You don't seem very proud of yourselves by hiding behind a blank emblem.
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

.. [Eyes widen.]

Oh.. my.. GOD, YOU HAVE CRITIQUE? FEY, YOU FOOL! PEOPLE TAKE CRITIQUE AS HOSTILITY, YOU'VE DOOMED THIS THREAD TO ARGUMENTS!

Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

No, no, it's constructive criticism! Please don't start a flame war, I couldn't handle the "lolol"..
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Nice woe guys. Nothing much to say, except that there was EXTREME position lag in geffen repherion last night. I'd also have to add that CB's creators are doing a bit more damage to me yesterday, compared to a few weeks ago, good job on that :D

Oh and yes, we didn't have as many members for both woe's yesterday. That evening woe was the only woe I've had to double client on, which didn't turn out too well (severe lag issues). Props to ShowTime, and Carnage for recalling in our faces. Grats to CB for successfully defending the castle until the end. /fist
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Same back to you, entertaining WoEs. And yeah, now that you mention it, my Wizard kept performing Instant Transmission..
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Morning WoE:

I played photographer for this session since I was again alone. For the first 50 minutes both Tempest and Showtime attacked me, it wasn't until the last few minutes that Showtime didn't attack me. :( The castle wasn't taken in the entire hour with Showtime unable to break the precast. I of course wanted my emperium screenie, so when showtime attacked, I jumped on in and used them as a distraction.

The highlight of WoE was Deadly Healer successfully taking out 90% of Showtime (by himself) while they were attempting to gather at pre-emp.

Nighttime WoE:
More action, less screenies. After a few organizational mishaps, by the end CB was pretty well organized in their defense. In the dieing minutes, Tempest and showtime broke the precast and got to the Emperium, but was unable to break it.

(I'm a damn good distraction at times /fist)
/right
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

Afternoon and Nighttime woe's were a blast.

Afternoon: With it being a new castle, We did not have the perfect set up for emp protection. But thanks to the 3-4 CB member's that kept zerging in on pre-emp. We was able to keep the castle with the few pushes by the train house GDRAGON, actually making it past our trap's.

Nighttime: This woe was amazing. The over average attendance server wise for it, and the sheer amount of skilled players. This was a very epic fight for the castle. Even after guilds took it and put up a quick defense. Other guilds still managed to come in an take it. Thankfully, we got really lucky with our recalls being pulled off.

Thank you ShowTime, Tempest, and Carnage for an amazing time. See you all next week, best of luck to you all.